• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What personal projects are you working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

figuring out my existence

kQVoZ.gif

Mainly just working out, I went from 150 to 170 in about a year, so I’d like to continue this trend. I’d be happy around 180-185. Other than that just applying for jobs. My current job is decent, but it’s not something I want to do long term. I have been getting a lot of offers back; however I can’t pass these stupid tests. I’m just a terrible test taker. On the bright side I can take the test again in X amount of months, so I’ll eventually pass one of them!

Wanted to make a video game, realized getting a team of programmers, artists, modelers was too hard. Six years later, for some reason it finally struck me I could just make it into a board game. So here we go.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Trying to raise a 2 year old while trying to keep a 4 month old alive. So far so good!

I'm actually making movements towards doing a self-build house, perhaps in a few years.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Aside from trying to get my paper published and working as a medical resident, I got plenty to do in my downtime.

I've become very serious about working out over the last year, making great progress too.
I've started writing.
I have a few small Arduino projects in the pipeline, various clocks, lighting and other nifty stuff.
I'm building my own laparoscopy box trainer for fun and practice at home.
I've 3D-printed a camera mount for my telescope for stargazing photography.

Lots of little stuff. The laparoscopy trainer has various parts delivered over the next few days so i'm excited to finally start designing and building it.

Doing woodwork. Making spoons, sculpture, and planning out a chess board for my brother-in-law and a chair for my wife, later this year.

I'm super interested in starting with some woodwork myself, if not for the fact that my current living arrangement really doesn't offer me enough room for a proper workbench.

zulux21

I'm trying to lose some weight and write a book.

this is me, but also add in actually play the games I buy.

I was doing well with my weight loss until trump became president. due to depression from that I gained back most of the weight I had loss so now I gotta work on it again.

as for the book, well things are going decently as I am in the middle of book 3 (I post in the writing thread on neogaf here)

as for playing games... well that is something a lot of people on this site likely need to work on :p.

I want to try to play at least 1 of every 3 games I buy lol. (I have a problem I know, curse you best buy visa check out) and maybe review them.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
That's ironic considering I'm partially doing this to help me outta my depression. Thanks for the tip though.

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything The Sun has to say regarding "science".

sinkfla87

Recording music... or at least promising myself to. I still write, been doing so for years but haven't really pushed myself into recording like I used to :(. I used to play shows around my town and was hoping to get somewhere with it but my anxiety and self doubt gets the best of me, my own worst enemy type of deal.

Pretty much my whole life is my personal project...

Trying to keep my business going so I can bring in the cheese, and keeping my part-time PhD going in urban nature and design. Getting my children's book published in English, working on more entries in the series, and researching for another series. Working on my sketching for design purposes. Practicing my dancing skills: keeping steady with bboying and learning chicago footwork. Improving my Gaelic skills through joining a Gaelic choir. Trying to keep going with my tabla percussion, but I don't have as much direction with that as I would like at the moment...Doing work on my small family farm to make it an awesome place for people and biodiversity.

Yeah, those are some of my projects. Bear in mind I am single with no kids.

Corbec

Neo Member
1) Get back down to running weight
2) Get back up to full fitness

On 1) I've lost about 9 kg (19.8 lb) since the start of the year, so about 7 kg more to go. 2) has been slower than expected due to a mix of laziness, limited hours of daylight, and struggling to exercise on 5:2 days.

Aside from this, I really want to start and finish a game this year. Plan is to try to keep it simple rather than continuously adding complexity and never closing things out.

Piggus

I just finished up putting together a huge packet of documents for my fiancée's K-1 visa application (signed forms, proof of income and profession, photos of us together, recent correspondence, etc). We're also planning two "weddings" essentially.... one in Indonesia so her friends and family can attend (though it won't technically be an actual wedding for legal reasons), and one after she moves here to the US.

We're almost done with the "easy" part of the immigration process. After she's here and we get married, the real fun begins (adjustment of status and green card process).

Totally unrelated, but I just finished building a 1:10 Tamiya Lancia Delta Integrale RC rally car. It was a ton of work but very satisfying when it all came together!

V5bxHDA.jpg

Finally started outlining my fantasy novel after writing a gajillion romance novels.

Chuck Tingle, is that you?!

I've been working out regularly for almost a year now. It's not for a specific purpose other than to be more fit, healthier and having a greater control of my body.

_Rob_

Working every spare hour on my indie game, whilst trying to hold down a full time job and support my family... at the sacrifice of a social life.

Wouldn't change it for the world though...well at least the family and indie game part anyway!

nasax

Trying to lose weight (lower my body fat percentage) in order to start weight lifting and get jacked up. I'm also learning node.js at the moment.

MattXIII

Building a big home - well not physically building it but working with architects, engineers and contractors.

I'm freakin' out a bit at the size and cost of this project...

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Develop better habit control.

Fat percentage loss.

Build a webapp aimed at global positive change. (most important to me)

Also like many others, hobby gamedev.

Cepheus

Try and figure out what I'm going to do after I drop out of university, and try and cope with depression/anxiety. So I guess I'm working on trying to improve my looks too, I guess, in preparation for my rhinoplasty which should be happening this summer. I'm going to do a Weird Al and completely change the way I look (hair, clothes etc) after that happens. And maybe write a book and learn to draw. I gave up on Nanowrimo one week in last year so I don't know how well that will go.

SMG

After over about fifteen years of planning and a decade after finishing the first draft of the first four books, I'm on the penultimate chapter of my first novel.

Working on my first video game reviews for youtube. It's taking more time and money than I'd like (especially given recent financial problems), but I know I can do them.

I've just started to build my fist guitar by myself. (A Ukulele to be exact. Bought a nice kit from StewMac).

Also became the chairman of the childrens music school in my hometown.

Aaand last but not least, trying to get a house built. The land is already bought.

Stressful times. Sometime I think it's a bit much at the same time.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
- Working out/building muscle
- Developing a video game (or at least getting the mechanics down)
- Building a youtube channel

Progress has been rather terrible on all 3.

Recently began renting a studio space which I haven't fully began utilising as I'm just finishing off my degree.

But yeah, I'm planning to do some animation and general art works.

And recording some music if all goes to plan.

After over about fifteen years of planning and a decade after finishing the first draft of the first four books, I'm on the penultimate chapter of my first novel.

Well done. Perseverence can pay off. Get as many people to check over it and give you feedback as possible.

Micael

That's ironic considering I'm partially doing this to help me outta my depression. Thanks for the tip though.

Came just to post that unless that study is in any way reliable do not trust such things, you got those "studies prove X" all the time, most of those studies are total bullshit, for more information on why John Oliver did a really nice segment on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw . So you should probably keep going with not taking caffeine, unless your health professionals advise you otherwise.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
In theory: a game, a website, a comic, random art, music project.

In reality, I can't be bothered to continue any of it :/

nny

For the past years, scientific work has been my main creative outlet. I'm trying to redirect some of that back to more...unrestricted endeavors (I have an album halfway done and also a bunch of short texts waiting for some organization).

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Came just to post that unless that study is in any way reliable do not trust such things, you got those "studies prove X" all the time, most of those studies are total bullshit, for more information on why John Oliver did a really nice segment on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw . So you should probably keep going with not taking caffeine, unless your health professionals advise you otherwise.
I love this post.
Cut back on it if it's affecting your sleep or mental health, but not because of a news item, or health trend.

-KRS-

Not currently working on anything, but I'm thinking of doing something for the N64 with libdragon just as a fun learning experience.

Went to my parents and took all their photo albums, they had over a dozen. Im gonna digitize all of them.

That was almost a year ago... I wish scanners were faster.
I'm thinking of doing something like this eventually. What are some good software for this? And what settings are appropriate? Last time I scanned pics they came out at around 100MB per TIFF picture, but that seems pretty insane if it's hundreds of pictures.

Writing and recording my own metal record. Not for sale or anything like that. Just for therapy.

Also joined a gym. I refuse to succumb to dad bod.

J-Roderton

Getting married this summer, work on building up my Youtube channel, and doing a full metal upgrade on my new R/c car. Should be a good spring/summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom