• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Happy New Year, you glorious bastards. Wishing you all the very best for 2017.

Your ever-resident lurker,
oipic

Happy New Year as well!

May all your Lamingtons be moist, may all you Drop Bears be avoided and may all you favourite teams not be crap this year. Also may all you LCD/LED TV's backlights not all of a sudden start flickering/flashing across half the screen like mine did this morning, first casualty of 2017. #fuck2017.

Hey AusGAF, where is the best place to pick up a PS4 Pro? All just seem to be hovering around the same price point. I just got a 4K TV and want to use it!

losing a furie friend is never easy

Happy New Year all.

2016 finished up by killing my PC, so it's New 2017 PC Time For Me! :)

lol what got fried mate and what sort of a rig is it ?

Happy New Year as well!

May all your Lamingtons be moist, may all you Drop Bears be avoided and may all you favourite teams not be crap this year. Also may all you LCD/LED TV's backlights not all of a sudden start flickering/flashing across half the screen like mine did this morning, first casualty of 2017. #fuck2017.

get an oled ! - or not - im still waiting a bit longer on that price drop

Hey AusGAF, where is the best place to pick up a PS4 Pro? All just seem to be hovering around the same price point. I just got a 4K TV and want to use it!

Rep probbly has a better idea on this , gamesmen had the best online price for a wili @504 but i think some other site had it for 470 somthing or other gone now tho i think for now tho this price seems sort of okey if you want an extra controller
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/284215

in other news AU gaf posted about this before on here but trying figure out a cost effecive way of getting these things to QLD when i crunched some rough numbers just one of them came out at 240 in total posted , if a group of people were buying them it might be cheaper i suppose and local shops will probbly charge thro the nose not sure what the print run sizes are , the donnie one gets relasesd in a few days :) one example http://www.hobby-galaxy.com/neca-te...1990-movie-donatello-1-4-scale-action-figure/

looking for advice

JcQlq7L.jpg

losing a furie friend is never easy

lol what got fried mate and what sort of a rig is it ?

get an oled ! - or not - im still waiting a bit longer on that price drop

Rep probbly has a better idea on this , gamesmen had the best online price for a wili @504 but i think some other site had it for 470 somthing or other gone now tho i think for now tho this price seems sort of okey if you want an extra controller
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/284215

in other news AU gaf posted about this before on here but trying figure out a cost effecive way of getting these things to QLD when i crunched some rough numbers just one of them came out at 240 in total posted , if a group of people were buying them it might be cheaper i suppose and local shops will probbly charge thro the nose not sure what the print run sizes are , the donnie one gets relasesd in a few days :) one example http://www.hobby-galaxy.com/neca-te...1990-movie-donatello-1-4-scale-action-figure/

looking for advice

http://i.imgur.com/JcQlq7L.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.popcultcha.com.au/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-donatello-1-4-scale-action-figure.html[/url] - $199 shipped.

wow, that's bomba. 24 pounds in the UK as well so that's nature's way of telling me to buy it sooner that I had planned to.

New release game prices have been a bit nuts lately. Under $40 each for Tomb Raider, Dishonored 2, Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2, Last Guardian. I honestly don't recall so many big budget titles in quick succession going for prices that low. But hey... I have plenty to play now for the foreseeable future.

Finally the weathers cooled a bit. Rain too. Heres hoping it lasts more than a day.

Yesterday was the first time in probably a week where I didn't have to run the air conditioner non-stop.

Sorry about your cat. Our oldest cat will be 19 this year, deaf as a post, on 5 pills a day and a special renal diet to take the pressure off her kidneys. The Dog will also be 10 this year and she's starting to show her age, developed a bit of arthritis in her front leg and while she thinks she's still a pupper the body is not quite at the same speed anymore. Pets should live forever.

A lot of EB stores refused to price match the last Target sale sadly.

at the local shops they didnt have a choice because jb were price matching still i had gift cards with JB

so a few of the newer titles will hold there value for not much more then 3 months i guess but atm is FFXV the only hit title on PS4 not dropping below 50 ? even dragon quest buliders is @ 47

Big W is getting in on this sale as well arnt they ?

ie they had mafia 3 for 39 and target as well ? and in turn JB were the same which prompted EB to lower there preowend prices

edit: how is one ment to keep on top of the steam sales guys ?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The new sherlock sure is shit I don't care about. That series took a sharp dive during season 3 and seems to continue that.

Bring back normal sherlock stories with a fun mystery instead of this shit.

All good things come to an end.

Cerity

I've been playing DQ:Builders, pretty neat little game and really sets them up for an improved sequel.

Currently in ch 3 and all the bodybuilder/bro talk is killing me.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I've been playing DQ:Builders, pretty neat little game and really sets them up for an improved sequel.

Currently in ch 3 and all the bodybuilder/bro talk is killing me.
Its a really bloody good title, thoroughly enjoying my experience so far. Feels like what Minecraft was suppose to be way back in early development when Notch said there'd be reasons to actually navigating the world.

Has anyone had any success with price matching Last Guardian? Looking to grab it tomorrow from Brisbane City but I think Myer Target will probably be out of stock.

Its a really bloody good title, thoroughly enjoying my experience so far. Feels like what Minecraft was suppose to be way back in early development when Notch said there'd be reasons to actually navigating the world.

Has anyone had any success with price matching Last Guardian? Looking to grab it tomorrow from Brisbane City but I think Myer Target will probably be out of stock.

for starters have you got a catoluge iamge ?

Yes. The only glimmer of hope, the small ember of the fire that will keep you going is the prospect that maybe, juuuust maybe, one day you will be saved from decades of meaningless labour by an early death.

Happy New Year.

As in physical catalogue or just their website? Cause if you go to Target online brochure it actually says not available online and in-store only.

as in a page from there online or offline catlouge iamge or somthing ?

it sold out online pretty quickly ( no stock on there left)

Yes. The only glimmer of hope, the small ember of the fire that will keep you going is the prospect that maybe, juuuust maybe, one day you will be saved from decades of meaningless labour by an early death.

Happy New Year.

yeah, it will only get worse the more you build it up into something. Try not to, take the money and keep updating your resume applying for stuff.

so a few of the newer titles will hold there value for not much more then 3 months i guess but atm is FFXV the only hit title on PS4 not dropping below 50 ? even dragon quest buliders is @ 47
No game aside from Battlefield 1 is holding value, everything else has plummeted.
Watch Dogs 2
Dishonored 2
COD Infinite Warfare
Titanfall 2
The Last Guardian
Gears 4
Mafia 3
I'm sure there is more but that's off the top of my head.

edit: how is one ment to keep on top of the steam sales guys ?
Put them in your wishlist and mark for email notification when on sale?

No game aside from Battlefield 1 is holding value, everything else has plummeted.
Watch Dogs 2
Dishonored 2
COD Infinite Warfare
Titanfall 2
The Last Guardian
Gears 4
Mafia 3
I'm sure there is more but that's off the top of my head.

Put them in your wishlist and mark for email notification when on sale?

with infinite warfare tho thats with out COD4 , which is still locked to the disc right are we ment to be able to buy it at some point ? saw just inf war for 19 pounds on base IRC

got a wish list set up but theres loads of games on there that i never new exsisted ie i mean descovering titles on sale , i got to the end of the recoemend list didnt see much given the exchange rate and how little i play on steam atm

I did buy the Legacy IW on US PSN for $80 at launch (preordered so played ME SP early)

Played IW campagn. let's say 5 hours
Played IW multi for a week, Let's say 3 hours
Played IW ZOmbies 1 hour (lots of fun, but not my cup of tea)
Played MW campaign Let's say 5 hours
Have played MW multi pretty much every day since the start of november for about 25 hours so far.

all up, nearly 40 hours of playtime so it was worth it for me. It would have been more, or at least more heavily skewed towards IW multi but jesus that's so fucking awful compared to everything else in the package.

I still intend to return to BF1 and TF2 multi but I gotta get that Barret sniper rifle in one level's time. fuck knows what the point of the loot drop shit in MW is for.

Giving my Wii U one last spin before I return to the UK next week. Going through Twilight Princess HD on it. Fuck me I forgot so much of that game, it really did not make much of an impression on me back in 2007 or so when i first played it. And I don't think much of the so called remaster effort either. It runs well but it seems to be lacking some sparkle.

I'll see if I can find the deal in a physical catalogue to show EB, but I doubt they'll go that low.

Let me know if they have any stock at Target Brisbane city store if you make it there.

I was at Chermside yesterday, and they had it in stock but it was still labeled as $78. I stupidly thought the sale must start later, but no doubt it would have actually scanned at the proper price. If I miss out I guess I'll just wait until it can be had for that price again in a few months.

Cerity

Anyone got any tips on getting cheap winter gear? prepping for my trip to SK in a month and need some warm stuff ( -7 to 4 degrees on avg apparently). I went and checked out Kathmandu and Northface earlier today but things seem stupid expensive, even on sale. Also checked out anaconda but things felt pretty flimsy.

We're going to be stopping over at changi airport for a stupid amount of time so I'm thinking we might just get our thermals/coats there - seems to be a Uniqlo there. But on that note I am also worried about sizing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Figured I'd try Big W for Last Guardian as girlfriend has Woolies staff discount, they price matched and it came out at $37. Bargain!

Anyone got any tips on getting cheap winter gear? prepping for my trip to SK in a month and need some warm stuff ( -7 to 4 degrees on avg apparently). I went and checked out Kathmandu and Northface earlier today but things seem stupid expensive, even on sale. Also checked out anaconda but things felt pretty flimsy.

We're going to be stopping over at changi airport for a stupid amount of time so I'm thinking we might just get our thermals/coats there - seems to be a Uniqlo there. But on that note I am also worried about sizing.

Buy stuff over there.
Australian winter gear is rubbish compared to Japanese/Korean/Chinese winter clothes and shoes. Their prices will be better too.
But beware they rarely do anything in x-large western sizes.

MoonGred

Qld gaf

I'm thinking of booking a trip to Noosa, seeing as I've never been there before it would be amazing if you could give me some pointers.

Were looking at mid Feb to mid March, trying to avoid holiday rush etc. Will it still be warm enough for beach days?
Also there seem to be a couple different Noosa's is there any part of town better than the other, or more conveniently located?

Qld gaf

I'm thinking of booking a trip to Noosa, seeing as I've never been there before it would be amazing if you could give me some pointers.

Were looking at mid Feb to mid March, trying to avoid holiday rush etc. Will it still be warm enough for beach days?
Also there seem to be a couple different Noosa's is there any part of town better than the other, or more conveniently located?

if its anything like this year it will be plenty warm enough took forever to reach winter its the rain season youd want to worry about, cant think of anything else since iv not been anywere near Noosa in years but why Noosa over the gold coast ?

MoonGred

if its anything like this year it will be plenty warm enough took forever to reach winter its the rain season youd want to worry about, cant think of anything else since iv not been anywere near Noosa in years but why Noosa over the gold coast ?

Everyone I talk to keeps going on about how amazing it is, a few claim it to be so much better than Byron bay as well.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Gold Coast ain't special, but that may be because I was born there and lived behind Dreamworld for 20 years of my life. Only real interesting places I've found on the Gold Coast is Mount Tamborine, which I definitely recommend, and Currumbin. Both are fantastic for day trips with beautiful forest walks and amazing wildlife.

Noosa is alright, I'd only spend a few days there and really it'd just be for the beachside of things. Personally I always preferred going North Stradbroke for family trips, and in the past five years I finally went to Magnetic Islands up in Townsville, beautiful spot.

your not QLD based moon ? only resaon i suggested the gold coast is for the beachs and the the theme parks not sure what it would be like to live there probbly tiring after a wili unless you dig the surf in saying that broadbeach and burly just some of the bigger beachs

and lol Zat ever sneek on to any of the rides ?

Everyone I talk to keeps going on about how amazing it is, a few claim it to be so much better than Byron bay as well.

I think it's better than Byron Bay and the Gold Coast, both of which are just total tourist traps these days honestly. There are heaps of nice places along the coastline not far from those locations though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom