• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV English Voice Actor #2 - Katy Townsend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

You can't POSSIBLY believe that will be for FFXV. *rolleyes* It says investment on NEW FF & DQ titles from April 2016 forwards, the investments on FFXV have already been accounted for in earlier investment reports. They'll probably release FFXVI within that time-frame, if they are really working on it (or starting to). FFXV in 2015, FFXVI (by Ito, who's been setting up development for a while by now, hopefully) in 2017. (and then FFXV-2 in 2018).

Asd202

Oh that makes sense. I guess will get DQ X second expansion and FF XIV expansion before FF XV

They'll probably release FFXVI within that time-frame, if they are really working on it. FFXV in 2015, FFXVI (by Ito, who's been setting up development for a while by now, hopefully) in 2017. (and then FFXV-2 in 2018).

I doubt there working on FF XVI. A sequel(s) to XV will come out before XVI. I really don't think XVI will happen this gen.

Bazztek

Banned
Pretty sure these voice actors are being falsely reported to have worked on XV, when they actually worked on LR.

Even Roen currently states on their website that they are worked on "Versus XIII", instead of "XV", despite the rename, and even despite them having had it listed as "Final Fantasy 15" for almost a year prior to changing it back to 'Versus XIII" as a form of damage control, before it was officially renamed.

http://www.roen.jp/BIOGRAPHY/

So some small time voice actors mislabeling their contributions on their resume is plausible.

StuBurns

Banned
Pretty sure these voice actors are being falsely reported to have worked on XV, when they actually worked on LR.

Even Roen currently states on their website that they are worked on "Versus XIII", instead of "XV", despite the rename, and even despite them having had it listed as "Final Fantasy 15" for almost a year prior to changing it back to 'Versus XIII" as a form of damage control, before it was officially renamed.

http://www.roen.jp/BIOGRAPHY/

So some small time voice actors mislabeling their contributions on their resume is plausible.
That's because it was Roen that leaked about Versus' name change to begin with.

Reveirg

There's no way FFXV isn't releasing in 2015.

I can see FFXVI releasing in 2016 and a XV sequel in 2017 if they get their stuff together.

Go_Ly_Dow

Still feel the game is a 1-1.5 years away from WW release. VA work has started extra early.

Maybe golden week 2015 launch target.

We shall find out in 3 months come E3.

Bazztek

Banned
That's because it was Roen that leaked about Versus' name change to begin with.

Yeah, but it's been almost a year since the official re-announcement of Versus being XV, yet Roen's website still states it as Versus despite them previously having it as XV, which leads credence to the "mislabeling" of a small time VA's contributions being just that, a mislabeling, if a company that contributed actual designs towards the game can mislabel the game on their website, then surely some small time VA's who are credited as having worked on LR are actually mislabeling their work on their resumes as being for XV, when they actually meant LR.

StuBurns

Banned
Yeah, but it's been almost a year since the official re-announcement of Versus being XV, yet Roen's website still states it as Versus despite them previously having it as XV, which leads credence to the "mislabeling" of a small time VA's contributions being just that, a mislabeling, if a company that contributed actual designs towards the game can mislabel the game on their website, then surely some small time VA's who are credited as having worked on LR are actually mislabeling their work on their resumes as being for XV, when they actually meant LR.
But they didn't mislabel it, they just haven't bothered to change it, they clearly know what game they're involved with, because they already leaked it's name.

Famassu

I doubt there working on FF XVI. A sequel(s) to XV will come out before XVI. I really don't think XVI will happen this gen.
Nah, FFXVI is very likely being worked on at this very moment, that's how SQEX works. They were working on FFXII, FFXIII PS2 and XIV at the same time, IIRC (and before that other FFs' developments have overlapped at some point in time). Maybe only by a small team of key staff members atm or by a small team developing some playable prototypes of what they are trying to achieve with the game, but some level of work is quite likely being done on it right now. They won't want another situation like what happened last generation where they release FFXII in 2006, the next mainline entry in 2009/2010 and now the next (offline) one should be out in 2015. FFXVI might come even before XV-2 if they've been working on it for long enough (which they might have), though sure, I guess FFXV-2 could come after FFXVI but I don't think that's absolutely set in stone.

Still feel the game is a 1-1.5 years away from WW release. VA work has started extra early.

Maybe golden week 2015 launch target.

We shall find out in 3 months come E3.
I don't think so. IIRC, FFXIII's release date wasn't unveiled until TGS 2009. At E3 this year, we might get a "Coming in 2015" at the end of a trailer at most, but I doubt anything too accurate will be said about the release date so early. They could announce some kind of date or release quarter at least at TGS this year.

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah meant a release estimate (year/quarter).

And XVI is probably in some stage of pre production.

Still feel Agni's philosophy will serve as the basis for that. Modern day SQE won't waste all that work. I'm cool with that because most of it (minus enemy designs) looked great.

That should be Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII. As in 113.
This is visible on the bottom of the screen at 2:43 on the E3 2013 gameplay trailer. You mean ya'll haven't watched the trailers frame-by-frame to desperately hunt for clues? Ya'll disappoint me.
bxTGT7E.png

And if you'll divert your eyes to the top of the screen, you'll find unfinished TV-static textures.

HeelPower

Nah, FFXVI is very likely being worked on at this very moment, that's how SQEX works.

Nah...its pre-production at best and more likely than not toriyama will direct that game...

Still feel Agni's philosophy will serve as the basis for that. Modern day SQE won't waste all that work. I'm cool with that because most of it (minus enemy designs) looked great.

one can only hope...it also looks like something ito would direct but Toriyama will most likely "handle" it. :$

Bazztek

Banned
But they didn't mislabel it, they just haven't bothered to change it, they clearly know what game they're involved with, because they already leaked it's name.

Regardless of the game still being the same actual game, the title itself differs, which is the point, I'm not saying Versus and XV are two different games, I'm saying these are two different names.

The point is not about the games themselves, but simply not being specific with titles, Roen can just as easily change it back to XV, but they haven't, the notion that even a company like Roen can still label it as "Versus XIII" despite it no longer being this shows us that it's possible that even VA's or anyone for that matter can mislabel their work on their resume, and there is more than enough to support that these people have mislabeled their contributions, as they are all already credited to have worked on LR, one of the VA's even gives specifics for the character he worked on, and it is an NPC from LR, so that gives the argument that these people have mislabeled their works to be XV when it's really LR some validity.

LR was a recent FF game and XV is an upcoming FF game, it's not out of the question or surprising that people can somehow actually mix up two completely different titles, even if they have worked on one of them.

RocBase

Somehow i can't shake this feeling that FF XV will be getting a simultaneous release worldwide, just like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD.

I get this impression as well. It seems with their last gen fumbling coupled with the extreme competition in the west now, they're really stepping up their game on all fronts instead of simply riding off their fame. I wonder if we'd still be paying for their trailers if none of this happened.

Unless you factor in Squares secret project. Lighting Returns Again: Bet You Thought You'd Seen The Last Of Me.
lol

StuBurns

Banned
Regardless of the game still being the same actual game, the title itself differs, which is the point, I'm not saying Versus and XV are two different games, I'm saying these are two different names.
But LR and FFXV are two different games, so your point is invalid.

Famassu

Nah...its pre-production at best and more likely than not toriyama will direct that game...
I think FFXVI could very well be in early development which might've started as soon as FFXIV ARR's development ended (and in pre-production for some time before that, waiting until they'd have some workforce to start up the production). I mean, FFXIII was a long time in some early stages of development for PS2 after X-2's release in 2003 (they seem to have had some kind of playable build with combat etc.) but SQEX actually moving on to developing it properly was delayed every time FFXII's development was prolonged and, in the end, FFXII took too long and we know what happened with FFXIII's move to PS3 and beyond.

I wouldn't be so sure that Toriyama will get to direct FFXVI. I think it's far likelier that someone like Ito has been in pre-production with a small team until XIV ARR's completion and are now moving forward with the project at some level, maybe in the same way FFXV was in development from 2010 to mid-2011. That is, with a relatively small team that can create some early parts of the game, come up with the story & style of the game and the game mechanics, but one that isn't big enough to actually develop the bulk of the content that the game will have.

Dark_castle

The point is not about the games themselves, but simply not being specific with titles, Roen can just as easily change it back to XV, but they haven't, the notion that even a company like Roen can still label it as "Versus XIII" despite it no longer being this shows us that it's possible that even VA's or anyone for that matter can mislabel their work on their resume, and there is more than enough to support that these people have mislabeled their contributions, as they are all already credited to have worked on LR, one of the VA's even gives specifics for the character he worked on, and it is an NPC from LR, so that gives the argument that these people have mislabeled their works to be XV when it's really LR some validity.

LR was a recent FF game and XV is an upcoming FF game, it's not out of the question or surprising that people can somehow actually mix up two completely different titles, even if they have worked on one of them.

If what you said turns out to be true, fuck me.

All the little ray of hope is crushed and thrown out of the window. I cannot believe somebody can work as a professional voice actor for a game and not be clearly told what the name of the game is and about. I can't.

The point is not about the games themselves, but simply not being specific with titles, Roen can just as easily change it back to XV, but they haven't, the notion that even a company like Roen can still label it as "Versus XIII" despite it no longer being this

Except that Roen had it correct the first time. They knew their designs were for XV but they didn't know it wasn't a publicly announced title. So they switched it back to Versus to save face when they were called out on it and just haven't bothered to change it back.

Bazztek

Banned
I read it, and think it's baseless.

So a specific voice actor, Greg Berg, having worked on LR and being credited to two specific NPC's in LR, yet this VA is mistakingly credited as having worked on XV for these very same NPC rolls, despite it clearly being a mislabeling, and this is actually meant to be directed at LR, it is somehow a baseless argument that these people's contributions are being mislabeled?

Even when Katy Townsend, Olivia Hack and Greg Berg are all VA's listed as VA's for LR, with Chris Borders being listed as Voice Casting directed for LR too, and named in Katy's resume, yet despite them all being listed for LR, you somehow think for a fact that they worked on XV?

It's already apparent that Greg's work is mislabeled, and on Katy's resume she does not mention LR, but instead XV, where if she worked on both it should say both XV and LR, but it doesn't, again, leading credence to her mislabeling her work as being XV instead of LR, yet to you this somehow makes it baseless?

The fact that Katy does not list LR but instead XV pretty much cements that she mislabeled her contributions, which would also mean that Chris Borders also only contributed to LR, not XV, since we only learned of Chris's supposed input into XV through Katy's listing, but as already pointed out through Katy's mislabeling, Chris also did not contribute to XV.

Did the meaning of baseless somehow change to mean something else overnight?

Shinta

Banned
I think FFXVI could very well be in early development which might've started as soon as FFXIV ARR's development ended (and in pre-production for some time before that, waiting until they'd have some workforce to start up the production). I mean, FFXIII was a long time in some early stages of development for PS2 after X-2's release in 2003 (they seem to have had some kind of playable build with combat etc.) but SQEX actually moving on to developing it properly was delayed every time FFXII's development was prolonged and, in the end, FFXII took too long and we know what happened with FFXIII's move to PS3 and beyond.

I wouldn't be so sure that Toriyama will get to direct FFXVI. I think it's far likelier that someone like Ito has been in pre-production with a small team until XIV ARR's completion and are now moving forward with the project at some level, maybe in the same way FFXV was in development from 2010 to mid-2011. That is, with a relatively small team that can create some early parts of the game, come up with the story & style of the game and the game mechanics, but one that isn't big enough to actually develop the bulk of the content that the game will have.

Agreed. I think it's impossible that XVI isn't assigned to a team at this point. It probably was a while ago. The next mainline FF would have to have been at the very, very least, conceptually decided upon on some level by the time XIII went out the door, since they have always staggered releases with different teams. And that was in 2009, 5 years ago. Of course XVI has been in pre-production, at a minimum at this point.

That puts Tabata as the likely candidate for directing either XVII, or XV-2 if Nomura doesn't want to for some reason.

Toriyama will likely move on to X-3.

Bazztek

Banned
Except that Roen had it correct the first time. They knew their designs were for XV but they didn't know it wasn't a publicly announced title. So they switched it back to Versus to save face when they were called out on it and just haven't bothered to change it back.

I know that, I already said as much earlier in this thread.

If what you said turns out to be true, fuck me.

All the little ray of hope is crushed and thrown out of the window. I cannot believe somebody can work as a professional voice actor for a game and not be clearly told what the name of the game is and about. I can't.

I wouldn't put it past some no name voice actor to do it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Are you guys including the VA who leaked around E3 last year as well?

Its very very likely there will be a dubbed trailer at E3. There has been Japanese VA since 2010. Not sure what's so hard to beleive the process has already begun.

Bazztek

Banned
The connection between Roen 'mislabeling' XV and the voice acting is baseless, because Roen didn't mislabel the game at all.

Back to the original argument, yes it is, because the game is not called Versus XIII anymore, thus it's mislabeled as Versus XIII now, even if Versus and XV are the same game, the argument is simply showing that if a company can have the incorrect title for a game, even if it's still the same game itself, even if they are too lazy to change it back to FF15, their laziness being irrelevant to the point, then it's not out the question of for anyone to mislabel anything they have done.

Off-topic, but didn't Verendus speculate that FFXVI would be announced in the 2014-2015 timeframe? (In that same post where he discussed the two first party PS4 JRPG's)

HeelPower

ugh I hope so....but we all know SE is going to make FFXV sequels...

It seems a lot more likely that SE is working on those sequels and building up "the world of versus epic"

This project will likely last the entire generation and FFXVI is probably 7-8 years away. :v

Personally I hope Toriyama never touches any game for the next two installments...I have had enough of his style and he already possessed an entire generation as FF director.

Blegh..

injurai

Banned
That should be Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII. As in 113.
This is visible on the bottom of the screen at 2:43 on the E3 2013 gameplay trailer. You mean ya'll haven't watched the trailers frame-by-frame to desperately hunt for clues? Ya'll disappoint me.
bxTGT7E.png

And if you'll divert your eyes to the top of the screen, you'll find unfinished TV-static textures.

doing the lords work

not sure what the static is that you're talking about, but I see some beautiful marble

Kule

I really hope we don't get a flat unemotional dub like the XIII games had. If anything I feel the people responsible for Vagrant Story and XII should be doing the dub for this since it's meant to be based on romeo and juliet, the old english would fit perfectly.

Lepcis Magna

Neo Member
I really hope we don't get a flat unemotional dub like the XIII games had. If anything I feel the people responsible for Vagrant Story and XII should be doing the dub for this since it's meant to be based on romeo and juliet, the old english would fit perfectly.
It'd be great if Alexander O. Smith were actually in charge of the translation. As long as the voice actor for the main character delivers a solid performance, the acting shouldn't deflate XV too much.

Also, despite the obvious parallels to R&J, neither Nomura nor SE ever made a direct connection between Versus/XV and R&J. Likewise, at this point in time, one quotation (likely taken out of context) doesn't necessarily establish a relationship between XV and Hamlet. SE would have to show more for the audience to be able to detect parallels.

Believe it or not, Shakespeare's English is already modern. If you want Old English, you'd best be fishing for a copy of ol' Beowulf. Good luck trying to understand it.

Synless

Oh that makes sense. I guess will get DQ X second expansion and FF XIV expansion before FF XV

I have no doubt in my mind FFXVI will release this gen.

longdi

Banned
It'd be great if Alexander O. Smith were actually in charge of the translation. As long as the voice actor for the main character delivers a solid performance, the acting shouldn't deflate XV too much.

Also, despite the obvious parallels to R&J, neither Nomura nor SE ever made a direct connection between Versus/XV and R&J. Likewise, at this point in time, one quotation (likely taken out of context) doesn't necessarily establish a relationship between XV and Hamlet. SE would have to show more for the audience to be able to detect parallels.

Believe it or not, Shakespeare's English is already modern. If you want Old English, you'd best be fishing for a copy of ol' Beowulf. Good luck trying to understand it.

it was said that jun akiyma(FFT/FF12/VS) being the scenario director could be the saving grace, but i think to reach the heights of FF12 (2/3 of the game), you need a better team. FF15 with the samey FF13 silly made up names and those backstreet j-pop boyz outfit do not inspire confidence.

FF12 was really good for 2/3 the way, and once people like matsuno got sidelined, you can tell how the story fell apart and everything was rushed through. FFT and Vagrant Story were consistent through the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom