• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

What's the western release date for that?

No idea, lol. I'd say "soon hopefully", but my backlog is so big it doesn't matter. I haven't even finished Lost Song or started Hollow Realization (though I do prefer Artdink's games to Aquiria's).

edit: Arcade Distillery (Plague Road) are asking about interest in a small open-world 3D RPG for Vita. Wonder what they've got planned:

https://twitter.com/ArcadeDistiller/status/844742104689623040

edit 2: Looks like we'll know whether God Eater 3 is a Vita game on 30th March:

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/god-eater-seventh-anniversary-live-stream-set-march-30

Shinriji

Looks like I lost my opportunity to buy Shovel Knight for vita. It is OOS at fangamer.

There is somewhere else that I can buy it (besides ebay)?

FDC1

Toukiden 2 and the Touhou games are up in Europe. Touhou Genso Wanderer is really expensive (49.99€), I'll wait for a sale :(.

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/845198369509167104

Play-Asia are listing Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition (base game + 6 DLC), however it's unclear whether the DLC is a voucher or on cart (comments seem to think it's a voucher, which is a bummer)

Also, Arcade Distillery asking about price point for their theoretical RPG:

https://twitter.com/ArcadeDistiller/status/845086658815021056

If everything is on the cartridge, I would import it again despite having a Vita with an Asia account. But I think it comes with a voucher, Bandai Namco Asia did that with another game in the past iirc.

Shizuka

4xHBfNL.jpg

For whoever is interested.

Takao

Banned
Failing game publisher Capcom included Vita in an investor's presentation on a slide about multi-platform development. How a company that hasn't launched a single new Vita product in 18 months feels that's relevant to that statement is beyond anyone's comprehension.

X8n7oK3.jpg

Does it mean anything other than more Monster Hunter Frontier Z expansions? Probably not.

Damn. Like, what's the point of not being able to move your save from the "Breaker" edition? Isn't the cart the exact same thing as the regular game?

That's a Super Robot Wars V first print bonus, not Gundam Breaker.

Failing game publisher Capcom included Vita in an investor's presentation on a slide about multi-platform development. How a company that hasn't launched a single new Vita product in 18 months feels that's relevant to that statement is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Ha ha ha. To be fair, they do have a multi-platform development engine that works on Vita... they just haven't used it for anything on the platform since... Street Fighter x Tekken? Hilarious. Maybe they just needed to fill a bit of space on the slide.

OT: At this point, do any of you guys think we'll actually get City Shrouded in Shadow on Vita? Or at all? I was reminded of it today and how there's been complete radio silence on it since last year.

I hope it doesn't go the way of Crows Burning Edge and suddenly reappear without Vita then stealth release to bugger all sales, but I could see that happening.

Also Killing Bites. Is that still a thing?

If everything is on the cartridge, I would import it again despite having a Vita with an Asia account. But I think it comes with a voucher, Bandai Namco Asia did that with another game in the past iirc.

I hope it's on cart. I then hope they do the same Gundam Generations (maybe a 3rd cart?).

Takao

Banned
Ha ha ha. To be fair, they do have a multi-platform development engine that works on Vita... they just haven't used it for anything on the platform since... Street Fighter x Tekken? Hilarious. Maybe they just needed to fill a bit of space on the slide.

Could've included a desktop PC instead. That's actually a platform they regularly support with things that aren't just MHFZ expansions.

OT: At this point, do any of you guys think we'll actually get City Shrouded in Shadow on Vita? Or at all? I was reminded of it today and how there's been complete radio silence on it since last year.

I hope it doesn't go the way of Crows Burning Edge and suddenly reappear without Vita then stealth release to bugger all sales, but I could see that happening.

You already know how I feel about Granzella. Haven't released Let's Manga. Have struggled to port a PS3 game to PS4. Decided to prioritize the money pit known as VR over actually finishing any of their projects. Maybe that game comes out. Maybe it doesn't. Unlike Crows, City doesn't run on Unity. That said, I still have even less faith in the Vita version ever releasing.

Also Killing Bites. Is that still a thing?

An anime adaptation is in development, so that company (which AFAIK has never published a physical game before) might be waiting to capitalize on that exposure.

Takao

Banned
Where is Bokosuka Girls?

No one knows.

The developer's site is down and they haven't Tweeted in two years. The complete silence plus that is usually a sign that the company is dead. But, the same was true last year before they handed out flyers for the game at TGS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe they're waiting for the Infini-T Force anime to revitalize interest in Tatsunoko heroes?

Speaking of companies that might be dead, Dingo. The developer behind the Love Live Vita games and the original version of Persona 4: Dancing All Night, has had their website 404. Their last few projects were RecoLove and some mobile stuff. Seems they had a really hard time post-PSP.

You already know how I feel about Granzella. Haven't released Let's Manga. Have struggled to port a PS3 game to PS4. Decided to prioritize the money pit known as VR over actually finishing any of their projects. Maybe that game comes out. Maybe it doesn't. Unlike Crows, City doesn't run on Unity. That said, I still have even less faith in the Vita version ever releasing.

I didn't know Let's Manga was Granzella, lol. In fact, I even forgot that was a thing. I'm guessing it never released in 2014 like it was supposed to?

But yeah, I guess their problems with Disaster Report 4 are telling :(

An anime adaptation is in development, so that company (which AFAIK has never published a physical game before) might be waiting to capitalize on that exposure.

Didn't know that, thanks. Do you know who's developing btw?

Where is Bokosuka Girls?

I did think about posting that one too, but there's enough not-Senran-Kagura on Vita for me not to be particularly fussed if that one lands or not.

Speaking of companies that might be dead, Dingo. The developer behind the Love Live Vita games and the original version of Persona 4: Dancing All Night, has had their website 404. Their last few projects were RecoLove and some mobile stuff. Seems they had a really hard time post-PSP.

PhotoKano Kiss seemed to do really well for what was effectively a super late port on a platform where the game it was a port of was already playable, but things didn't really go well for them after that. Having Persona 4 Dancing ripped off them must've hurt (and I guess things were already going wrong them), but Reco Love kinda ultrabombed. Like, I didn't expect it to do nearly as badly as it did. I guess that was the final straw.

OT: Go read my review of DanganRonpa Another Episode! (since I have nowhere else to share this stuff these days)

Takao

Banned
I didn't know Let's Manga was Granzella, lol. In fact, I even forgot that was a thing. I'm guessing it never released in 2014 like it was supposed to?

But yeah, I guess their problems with Disaster Report 4 are telling :(

Didn't release in 2014, 2015, 2016 or the first quarter of 2017.

I know they're a small company whose primary income came from PS Home (nice of Sony to take that away from them) but their inability to ship a project has to be infuriating. Bandai Namco is a huge company. I can't imagine they're pleased with Granzella taking this long on City. Last year was Shin Godzilla's release. They could've had a nice promo tie-in that is now out of date.

Didn't know that, thanks. Do you know who's developing btw?

NEX Entertainment, but their parent company, Fields, shut them down back in July. Yet, on the same day the Killing Bites game website updated to say it's being delayed to 2017 and switching publishers...

PhotoKano Kiss seemed to do really well for what was effectively a super late port on a platform where the game it was a port of was already playable, but things didn't really go well for them after that. Having Persona 4 Dancing ripped off them must've hurt (and I guess things were already going wrong them), but Reco Love kinda ultrabombed. Like, I didn't expect it to do nearly as badly as it did. I guess that was the final straw.

I think Dingo shitting the bed with Love Live ruined things for them. Had reception been positive, that probably could've been turned into a consistent seller.

I know they're a small company whose primary income came from PS Home (nice of Sony to take that away from them) but their inability to ship a project has to be infuriating. Bandai Namco is a huge company. I can't imagine they're pleased with Granzella taking this long on City. Last year was Shin Godzilla's release. They could've had a nice promo tie-in that is now out of date.

I wonder what has gone so wrong with them that they've got 3 games that are good enough to be shown off, yet none of them have managed to ship by 2017.

Oh well. This conversation has made me lose hope of City ever releasing now; let alone on Vita.

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/845825842655637505

“[Today, March 26th, is the second anniversary] It’s been two years since the launch of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, and it’s thanks to the Senran Kagura fans that we can keep releasing new games. For those who got interested in Senran Kagura for the first time with Peach Beach Splash, please take advantage of the deals with the Cherry Blossom Edition on PS4 or the Best edition on PS Vita!”

“It started in Japan with the first 100,000 copies, and now two years later, we’re on about 320,000 copies worldwide between PS4 and PS Vita. Originally, it was 65% PS Vita and 35% PS4, but now PS4 is growing bigger… However, I think that I want to continue [working] on dedicated portable consoles.”

Rather than grabbing that Vita-buying audience while you can, make sure you get PBS out as a PS4 exclusive because you want those wet t-shirts to look super wet.

Eyeroll.

Random, very outdated thought, but I wonder why Shining Resonance never came to Vita.

Developed by Media Vision (who have since done Digimon/Summon Night/Valkyria on the console) and sequel to 3 PSP-exclusive Shining games. Yet somehow it ended up PS3-only.

Stranger ratings have happened, I'm not that surprised Hakuoki didn't get a mature rating in Germany.

Same, but USK6 is really low. It's not a game for such young children in my opinion. USK12 is perfectly fine and still a big difference to PEGI16 and Mature. Our rating board tends to rate those mature elements in these games a bit more sensible, quite the opposite of the ESRB in times. But USK6 is still interesting. The movies got a USK16 in comparison. But I'm not complaining.

Random, very outdated thought, but I wonder why Shining Resonance never came to Vita.

Developed by Media Vision (who have since done Digimon/Summon Night/Valkyria on the console) and sequel to 3 PSP-exclusive Shining games. Yet somehow it ended up PS3-only.

I thought the same. Besides why the recent Shining games all stick to Japan. Sega is such a frustrating company at times.

Saphirax

Same, but USK6 is really low. It's not a game for such young children in my opinion. USK12 is perfectly fine and still a big difference to PEGI16 and Mature. Our rating board tends to rate those mature elements in these games a bit more sensible, quite the opposite of the ESRB in times. But USK6 is still interesting. The movies got a USK16 in comparison. But I'm not complaining.

I suppose all those scenes with blood, death, biting and implied sex went straight over their heads :p.

Takao

Banned

Years ago, there was a Famitsu misprinting about the last Shining PSP game that said it would be for both PSP and Vita. Everyone believed that made sense, but then it was owned up as a mistake. That was followed up with Resonance's weird exclusion, plus the Shining fighting game only getting a port to PS3/PS4.
Neither sold particularly well.
It's why I thought for a long time that Sega was completely done with the platform. While it's would've been nice if Vita got a port of Sonic Mania or a Yakuza game (I don't know why Kiwami was PS3/PS4 when PS3 already has a port of the first game), but now I just believe it's one of their subsidiaries that abandoned the platform years ago.

Years ago, there was a Famitsu misprinting about the last Shining PSP game that said it would be for both PSP and Vita. Everyone believed that made sense, but then it was owned up as a mistake. That was followed up with Resonance's weird exclusion, plus the Shining fighting game only getting a port to PS3/PS4.
Neither sold particularly well.
It's why I thought for a long time that Sega was completely done with the platform. While it's would've been nice if Vita got a port of Sonic Mania or a Yakuza game (I don't know why Kiwami was PS3/PS4 when PS3 already has a port of the first game), but now I just believe it's one of their subsidiaries that abandoned the platform years ago.

We got 2 Yakuza
F2P
games!

I vaguely recall that about Shining Ark actually. Another game that would've made perfect sense for Vita and just like Resonance, something I'd have imported if it had happened.

i-Jest

I'm salty that we didn't get the Yakuza 0 app.

I'm salty we haven't gotten SaGa Scarlet Grace, or any newer SaGa ports for that matter.

I would welcome all the Shining Games on my Vita and Blade Arcus From Shining for
my PS4.

This lack of localization hurts guys. At least we're getting the new Digimon Cyber Sleuth game on both Vita and PS4 though. That's something to look forward to as is what NISA has planned for the year. Was Legend of Raven ever canceled? I've read nothing to recent about its development on Vita.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/nis-launches-hakoniwa-new-title-teaser-website

NIS have a teaser up for not-Minecraft. No platforms announced yet.

Which only made it worse because they ported the engine to Vita ... for two apps???

They ported the engine over? Lol.

OT: In slightly amusing news, Toukiden 2 didn't chart at all in the combined or individual top 40 in the UK. Or in the individual top 20 for PS4 (it was #1 for Vita games, but that isn't saying much in the UK).

So Koei cratered that IP in Japan by crippling the Vita version for... no gain in the west? Good-o.

18-Volt

I'm salty we haven't gotten SaGa Scarlet Grace, or any newer SaGa ports for that matter.

They didn't even localized SaGa 1-2 remakes, which came out on 150 million sold Nintendo DS. It's just stupid. Square doesn't care about SaGa franchise in west unless it's on home consoles.

Don't suppose anyone in here knows, but I might as well ask since people on GAF don't seem to know.

1. Is Brothers in Arms: D-Day (PSP) compatible with Vita in the US? It only lists PSP on the web store, but some games can be transferred using PS3. It's compatible in the EU at least.

2. Did Call of Duty: Roads to Victory get removed from the store? I'm assuming it got added when they put it as a purchase extra for buying Black Ops Declassified, but it's not there anymore.

edit: Nvm, this thread had the answer. Thanks Shinriji!

Have you ever played the apps? They have brief exploration in a 3D environment and what I believe is the full-fledged combat system. They're like a demo for a Yakuza Vita game Sega never finished.

I was always hoping for an up-ressed collection of the Black Panther games, but they're lost to the obscurity of time too I guess.

In fact, there was very little PSP -> Vita porting, especially odd considering there seems to be a small but noticeable amount of DS -> 3DS porting (most notably from Atlus recently).

Top Bottom