• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Man, first time I noticed the Captain Rex AT-TE set.

Those are my son's favorite clones too. Hmm..
I still want that one for Fifth Brother, and also cuz it's a cool vehicle.

Omg I think I may buy the Rebel Frigate. It's discounted to $88. I know it's not the best looking ship, but it's not terrible, and Ahsoka and Sato.

Hello LegoGAF!

My gf and I recently started getting into Legos. We have built 3 sets so far. (Smaller sets from Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Star Wars). We just wanted to see if we liked it and we do!

I read the OP but I figured I would ask, any more elaborate sets we should? She ordered us Lego Batman Batmobile.

I was interested in Civil War airport Battle,Lego Batman Batcave, Spider-man Bridge Battle.

Also we were looking into architecture such as Capital Building.

Would love some advice and also which sets to absolutely avoid!

PS....Holy Moly we want the Taj Mahal set but damn at the price :(

EDIT: I'm a huge GOTG fan, any of those sets worth picking up?

Ponn

Banned
Hello LegoGAF!

My gf and I recently started getting into Legos. We have built 3 sets so far. (Smaller sets from Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Star Wars). We just wanted to see if we liked it and we do!

I read the OP but I figured I would ask, any more elaborate sets we should? She ordered us Lego Batman Batmobile.

I was interested in Civil War airport Battle,Lego Batman Batcave, Spider-man Bridge Battle.

Architecture sets are nice. They always come in premium slick packaging with nice instruction books with the history of the building or landmark. They are really overpriced though, I have only picked up the ones I have gotten on sale. Also in most instances I have been disappointed in the final build size compared to the piece counts. The majority of those sets use so many smaller one stud pieces for the builds which makes the value of them seem even less. The White House and Eiffel tower have been my favorites so far, mostly because of how iconic they look. The Louvre and Trevi Fountain are also some nice ones that still should be available.

If you are really into landmarks and buildings and are willing to spend a bit more I would suggest one of the bigger Creator sets like Big Ben or Tower Bridge. They might be more satisfying builds for you and something entertaining both you and your GF can work on together.

Out of the sets you listed you would probably have the most fun with the Spider-Man Bridge Battle set. Bonus it seems to be discounted heavily lately on most sites. If you mean you recently got the TLBM Batmobile set thats an alright set, not very popular. It's gimmick kinda took the set down by several notches. I ended up really enjoying the build on it though and it had some interesting techniques. I would suggest picking up the Joker Lowrider set to go with it, much better set and so fun. The upcoming Ultimate Batmobile set seems to be by far the better set but you will have time to pick that set up and wait for a sale.

DonShula

Hello LegoGAF!

Civil War Airport Battle is kinda meh. It's basically a Lego City control tower and baggage cart with an Avengers plane and Marvel minifigs. Oh, and giant Ant Man of course. Giant Ant man is really the only reason to buy it as you can get something similar to that plane in a $30 set. The build is nothing fantastic and it displays poorly. My four year old son loves it - I think that's the audience.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Saw the snow speeder at the Leicester Square store. Looks really nice, and a good size, but i can't justify that price. Might need to check on R2D2 prices on BrickLink and just buy him separately.

Definitely getting Saturn V and there is a slim chance my wife will buy it for me if she gets a decent pay rise at work

Yeah, scalpers charge a fortune for anything that's out of print, especially something that expensive and unique. If there's anything large that you've got your eyes on, pay attention to how old it is so that you can buy it before it's only available secondhand for double the price.

My gf and I have enjoyed the architecture skylines.

Yeah, scalpers charge a fortune for anything that's out of print, especially something that expensive and unique. If there's anything large that you've got your eyes on, pay attention to how old it is so that you can buy it before it's only available secondhand for double the price.

My gf and I have enjoyed the architecture skylines.

Old sets can be built off loose parts, obviously. But in the case of Taj Mahal, that one was over 5000 parts so it will still cost much more than the original. It was $200, I believe, but you normally have to pay $0.1 per loose brick, not counting rare ones.

Old sets can be built off loose parts, obviously. But in the case of Taj Mahal, that one was over 5000 parts so it will still cost much more than the original. It was $200, I believe, but you normally have to pay $0.1 per loose brick, not counting rare ones.

Bricklnking also seems like a ton of work. I've still never gone through with trying to make a modular I missed.

DonShula

Bricklnking also seems like a ton of work. I've still never gone through with trying to make a modular I missed.

It's not too bad because you can pick a set and add the entire inventory to your wanted list. I priced out a Fire Brigade pretty easily. It was like $430 or something obscene like that.

Koren

It's really not that bad... especially with the new interface. I doubt it took me more than a couple hours on Bricklink to source a Green Grocer (with some substitutions). And now I'm more familiar with it, I'm sure it can be quicker.

Just to be clear, $0.1 is an average (although I think it would probably be slightly higher)... There's plently of cheaper parts, expecially small plates and common small bricks that can be found for cheap (like the 388 1x1 trans-clear plates that can be bought for 1-2 cents).

The problem is that some less common pieces are more expensive (like the plates with rail which are ~0.25 for the 1x2, need 100, and ~0.50 for the 1x8, need 27) that raise the total. Also, larger pieces, like baseplates.

The good news is that there doesn't seem to be many rare pieces... Virtually all of them are in more than a dozen sets, and I haven't been able to find a part really expensive. Granted, 32555 is expensive in yellow, but far cheaper in black, and I'm pretty sure this one is invisible.

Overall, I'm pretty sure it could be done on BL for not that much more than $600 (assuming you're willing to change a couple invisible things), maybe less with some time to find the best combinations. That's twice the price it was released ten years ago ($300), but still not that awful, compared to some aftermarket prices.

My in store haul today

iJ3YFORl.jpg

i made out pretty good didnt pay full price for anything

Kylo Ren Command Shuttle - $80
First Order Tie Fighter - $61
Encounter On jakku - $37
Resistance X Wing - $58
First Order Battle Pack - $9.30
Resistance Battle Pack - $9.30

I also ordered online

Resistance Troop Transporter (Ebay since its retired)
First Order Transporter (Toys r us)
First Order Snowspeeder ( toys r us)

Weevilone

My in store haul today

iJ3YFORl.jpg

i made out pretty good didnt pay full price for anything

Kylo Ren Command Shuttle - $80
First Order Tie Fighter - $61
Encounter On jakku - $37
Resistance X Wing - $58
First Order Battle Pack - $9.30
Resistance Battle Pack - $9.30

I also ordered online

Resistance Troop Transporter (Ebay since its retired)
First Order Transporter (Toys r us)
First Order Snowspeeder ( toys r us)

Great haul. If the road to the Lego Store wasn't the bypass for our flooded Interstate, I'd have gone today. It was pretty slim online.

Koren

I should put mine up again sometime, but being in the UK it usually gets skimmed over
Is it against the rules to post a notice here? I never visit the BST thread, and I'm probably not alone, that doesn't help...

(About the offer, I wouldn't be against a fast start since I plan to BL a Cafe Corner this summer, it's unfortunate the seller is interested in US buyers :/ )

Nitemare1

Did anyone else not get vip early access to the snow speeder or did they not offer it or something?
I completely glazed this morning when i was getting ready for work. When I took my lunch break they were sold out. They are promising back orders to be shipped by the 14th though so that's not too bad.

Battle of hoth is still a funny UCS set
The fuck were they thinking

I saw it sitting in the lego store when I picked up my snowspeeder
Still $250 which is insane
$100 would be ideal

ghostmind

Did anyone else not get vip early access to the snow speeder or did they not offer it or something?
I completely glazed this morning when i was getting ready for work. When I took my lunch break they were sold out. They are promising back orders to be shipped by the 14th though so that's not too bad.

Ended up that VIP access was only for UK & Europe.

ghostmind

Possible UCS Falcon announcement on the 25th?

Also, from a reliable source - the new Falcon is a massive improvement over 10179.

I think me plus boredom plus money is a really bad combination:

You say bad, but I see greatness. Love it.

Also, from a reliable source - the new Falcon is a massive improvement over 10179.

Would be the perfect day to announce it. The REAL Star Wars Day, and the 40th anniversary at that.

Would the Falcon be their October UCS set, or would it be the mystery early VIP set coming in June?

Today's pickup. Three different Lego stores to find this guy, 3+ hours of driving. Ended up getting the second to last one and a guy picked up the last one 10 mins after I did.

I don't remember the UCS Slave 1 or Tie Fighter...or even the recent Hoth or Death Star sets being this hard to find on the first day.

So, is the hype that real for Snowspeeder, or did they just not flood the market with them?

I think the hype might be real for it. I called the Lego store by me as soon as I got home from work at like 5:30 and they were already sold out. One store had 6 left and within the hour it took me to get there, I missed it by 5 minutes.

Already plotting how to save up for Falcon. I am going to be stepping down to part time work in a few months, so will be stingier with my LEGO purchases, but UCS Falcon will be mine on day one no matter what.

Ponn

Banned
Already plotting how to save up for Falcon. I am going to be stepping down to part time work in a few months, so will be stingier with my LEGO purchases, but UCS Falcon will be mine on day one no matter what.

There was a reason i've been saving my spare kidney for a rainy day.

massive how? I mean, will it have a full interior or what? Can't wait for the 25th now...

Ugh, one thing i am not looking forward to though is how this thing is gonna utterly rape my bank account because there is no way i will not get it.

Interior seems to be the way to go about improving on the last one. However, I would like to point out that an interior WILL mean a smaller ship. Even with the increased cost, there aren't enough parts to have the entire inside modelled on top of the original design.

As always, bigger isn't always better.

willp2003

I'm not that bothered about an interior, I'd rather it looks spectacular from the outside (like Marshall banana's, but I know that thing is huge).
A few interior bits would be a "nice to have" feature for me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not that bothered about an interior, I'd rather it looks spectacular from the outside (like Marshall banana's, but I know that thing is huge).
A few interior bits would be a "nice to have" feature for me.

Same. I don't even know what the inside is supposed to look like other than the cockpit area. Anything else would just feel like they're making into a playset like the Death Stars and that would be way less interesting for me. I just want a gorgeous looking ship.

Just_one

Dont know if i´m supposed to put this here but here it goes :

Selling a Sealed/New Lego Winter Village Bakery (10216) for 150€(averege price in brinklink for new/sealed sets) plus shipping.

Would trade for a Sealed Brink Bank.

Thanks

Top Bottom