• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2017 |OT| Big Trouble in Little China starring David Koch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a Collingwood way to lose a game.

and of all the free kicks paid in the final few mins they pick that one. and not the 4 hands in the back in the marking contest for the game winning goal.

Still not as bad as GWS getting a 50m penalty in the first 10 sec for taking a teammate out.

Rezbit

And Melbourne end up spanking the ladder leaders? Weird season. It's good that it seems like any team can beat another on their day though.

Newk86

giphy.gif

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday May 19th
Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs @ Simonds Stadium

Saturday May 20th
St Kilda vs. Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Greater Western Sydney vs. Richmond @ Spotless Stadium
Brisbane vs. Adelaide @ The Gabba
Collingwood vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG

Sunday May 21st
Essendon vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. North Melbourne @ The MCG
Fremantle vs. Carlton @ Domain Stadium

Byes
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast

Round 9 Teams

Mr_Moogle

What's happened to Geelong?

Similar problems to Adelaide. Very unbalanced in the midfield. They just don't have enough contributors outside of Selwood and Dangerfield. They also have rather mediocre rucks.

The Cats don't really have a very good forwardline either. It's basically Hawkins and Menzel. The rest of the group aren't consistent performers.

What the fuck. That was a huge comeback from Collingwood. at quarter time i was expecting a 100 point loss.

What a day for huge leads blown, First Richmond then Hawks.

legend166

Three in a row for us, starting to look like our own selves. Best case scenario we have to go 9-4 from here to make the finals with 12 wins. I'd want 13 just to be sure.

Also, I feel really sorry for Brisbane. They've been so crap for so long and the League is just happy to let them chug along as a feeder club. Then you get smug doofuses with their "just improve the culture!" line. It's hard to improve your culture when all your top draft picks immediately start looking for the first flight back to Victoria as soon as you pick them.

Gilligan's too busy thinking of incredibly stupid fixture ideas (it's not a wildcard you moron it's just a top 10 instead of a top 8) to fix actual structure problems in the competition.

It was me, I texted a mate with a couple of minutes to go saying Tiges need to hold this win, I jinxed that shit. Down we go. Fuck.

Pies match was a great watch, even better with the misses loving a win for her boys too.

fisheyes

5 of the top 6 are non-Victorian teams and the teams in the top 6 are all playing each other this week. Actually heaps of potentially good matches this round beginning with Geelong v Port on Thursday. Indigenous Round, too. Exciting.

5 of the top 6 are non-Victorian teams and the teams in the top 6 are all playing each other this week. Actually heaps of potentially good matches this round beginning with Geelong v Port on Thursday. Indigenous Round, too. Exciting.

I wonder what the average win loss ratio is for non-Vic vs Vic teams over the last ten years.

Yes, there have been some good Vic teams in that time (Hawks and Cats namely) but aside from them, the non-victorian teams would have a better record I guess.

legend166

Two wins separating 6th and 17th, 1-5 all having their moments that make you wonder if they're the real deal. Going to be an interesting season.

fisheyes

I wonder what the average win loss ratio is for non-Vic vs Vic teams over the last ten years.

Yes, there have been some good Vic teams in that time (Hawks and Cats namely) but aside from them, the non-victorian teams would have a better record I guess.

I would say SA, WA, and NSW teams would all have better win loss ratios for sure, but QLD teams wouldn't, which might affect the overall non-Vic ratio. Would indeed be interesting.

legend166

Only one non Victorian side has won the flag in the last decade (us in 2012).

Obviously we need an official inquiry into the performance of non-Victorian clubs.

I'm just mocking what happened after non-Victorian sides won all the flags from 2001 to 2006.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday May 25th
Geelong vs. Port Adelaide @ Simonds Stadium

Friday May 26th
Sydney vs. Hawthorn @ The SCG

Saturday May 27th
Western Bulldogs vs. St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. Gold Coast @ TIO Traeger Park
Richmond vs. Essendon @ The MCG
Adelaide vs. Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday May 28th
Collingwood vs. Brisbane @ The MCG
Carlton vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
West Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Domain Stadium

Round 10 Teams

I'm going to miss not going to the dreamtime game again, two years running. Damn it. Normally a few mates/sons go each year but it's not happening. Hopefully my absence will help us pull a much needed win, also my older brother is bombers so it's either hell or heaven after the game...

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday June 1st
Port Adelaide vs. Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval

Friday June 2nd
Geelong vs. Adelaide @ Simonds Stadium

Saturday June 3rd
Gold Coast vs. West Coast @ Metricon Stadium
Greater Western Sydney vs. Essendon @ Spotless Stadium
North Melbourne vs. Richmond @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday June 4th
Fremantle vs. Collingwood @ Domain Stadium

Byes
Brisbane
Carlton
Melbourne
St Kilda
Sydney
Western Bulldogs

Round 11 Teams

I swear hawks have bets on against themselves. Love how the "poooooooweeeerr" chant was brought out before half time. We usually only do that in about fourth quarter when it's obvious we're going to win. Lol

61 points behind? Free kick for hawthorn. 55 points behind? Free kick for hawthorn. Lolol

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Thursday June 8th
Sydney vs. Western Bulldogs @ The SCG

Friday June 9th
Adelaide vs. St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday June 10th
Hawthorn vs. Gold Coast @ The MCG
Brisbane vs. Fremantle @ The Gabba
Essendon vs. Port @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday June 11th
Carlton vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium