• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

You mean CS. Tom Seaver will get rocked.

Nope. I will not settle for anything less than WS!

I appreciate that it'll be harder though. Pretty much everybody I play now is in the same boat. I need to get my try-hard hat back on because most of my games I've been kind of just loafing around, getting distracted by 3 different things, until I really have to...and then it's too late. I've been up in all my games but my losses have all been a product of terrible bullpen performance.

I like having my CAP at pitcher but damn, I think I'd rather have his bat in every game. But I have no idea who to replace. Miggy/Cal top the list, mostly because they're both pretty damn slow. Mauer and Schmidt have been raking.

I moved my CAP to SS and put Jackie at 1B. I loved Cal and Miggy's bats but my SS is an upgrade over Cal in every way, and Jackie doesn't have Miggy's pop but I was getting a whole lot of singles with Cabrera anyways. Love my new lineup balance.
Dawson
Cap
Trout
Griffey
Schmidt
Seager
Robinson
Mauer

I still play this game!

But yeah thread did die a little lol

I'm at 813 now. Got up to 856 and then took a tumble :(

I'll still play this game, just not as frequently

PS Brooks Robinson absolutely rakes. He>Schmidt

I still play it too, but definitely slowing down. I have like 283k stubs and been tempted to buy a 50 pack bundle just because I'm not sure I'll really need all those stubs for DD with the way I'm slowing down.

I have like 370k right now with a few assets. For myself I'm just waiting for the ticket counter to be worth a damn and for them to release new players in card sets.

I'd like to have Jeff Bagwell but there is 12 orders of 500k ahead of me, lol. Maybe I should try to 12-0 BR.

beanman25

Unbelievable. I started off 0-1 in BR won 12 straight and got Mike Trout!!!

So awesome!! Locked him in already, first AB 475ft jack online!!!

I still play every day but I've done my usual sell off. Every year, I will sell off any card that I can, that's not locked in and buy packs to try and get new cards to play with or have to play with my locked in cards. I pretty much have zero assets right now.

My lineup is.

Blackman
D. Wright
CAP
Harper/Werth/Bellinger platoon
Dawson
Zobrist
Votto
B. Bell at SS. Yep he's back in.
P

PS Lou Brock
POTM J. Ramirez
POTM Cody Bellinger
IV J. Werth
C. Correa

I've opened over 200 packs over the last week and didn't get one diamond.

The new Tulo card looks kind of underwhelming. I'll stay using CAP/Ripken at SS.

Goose Gossage on the other hand...yep you'll be mine.

I hit the nail on the head with some of my 99 guesses! 99 Mike Scott and Joe Morgan!

Unless I sell everything for packs my final squad is....

LF - 96 Ellsbury
2B - 99 Jackie
CF - 99 Griffey
1B - 99 Miggy
3B - Corey Seager
SS - 99 Ripken
C - CAP
RF - 96 Cargo

Bench - Lou Brock, 93 Hanley, 91 Chris Davis, 95 McCutchen, LS Stanton

Rotation - Feller, Blue, Guidry, King Felix, Nolan Ryan

Bullpen - Nate Jones, 89 Axford, 89 Soria, 88 Wagner, 93 Rivero, LS Osuna, 94 Nathan

Just bought 5 bases loaded packs!

All I got was LS Verlander and Will Harris :(

I got LS Mookie Betts when I bought my 5. That's my 4th Diamond pull. I pulled LS Kershaw (in my very first pack no less) and LS Harper in standard packs in the first two weeks of the game being out and nothing until about three weeks ago when I pulled LS Carlos Correa. Then LS Betts.

God damn it. I want some luck again.

Got 338k now, but I could probably get it to 400 if I really wanted to. The new guys they released don't interest me that much. Seager>Joe Morgan although that 99 Goose looks like a goddamn sex cannon. I think I'll pick me up one of those because my bullpen has been utter trash. I was once lights out with Jansen but I'm so awful with him now. I have a feeling it's because I pitch too predictably with him, and people are prepared for it. His low sinkers in the zone just get hit for line drives and his inside cutters get smashed for homers. And I haven't had issues using Gagne, but every time I've faced Gagne I've lit his ass up. I don't really trust anyone in my bullpen lol

I'm selling CarGo for Donaldson so I can finish the Jays and be done

Changed my mind, 50 pack go
LS Miggy and Pedroia lol

Another 50
Paxton and Realmuto

Another 50
Segura, Allen, Dozier

100 more packs and I'm out

Sal Perez, Devinski, Kinsler....

Gary Sanchez, McCullers, Pedroia

30 more packs
Diamond sponsorship.....

Also opened up 5 bases loaded packs and got zilch lol

It's been fun! Good luck if you continue playing!

Now to move on to.....No Man's Sky......

This backlog is nuts....

No Man's Sky =/
Tomb Raider
FF12
Ghost Recon
Mass Effect
Horizon
Need to finish the last part of Breath of the Wild

And Destiny 2 is next week, right?

21273049_10110331344983710_4721679020755061554_o.jpg

Nobody cares anymore but I'm back!!!

I did! Haha. I suck.

Me too.

3 days ago, I played some animation-reliant scumbag. Told myself I was done.

Last two days I've gone at it hard in BR.

I just hate myself.

Really though, I've done all I want to do in this game...but haven't gone 12-0. And I want to check that box.

Me too.

3 days ago, I played some animation-reliant scumbag. Told myself I was done.

Last two days I've gone at it hard in BR.

I just hate myself.

Really though, I've done all I want to do in this game...but haven't gone 12-0. And I want to check that box.

What made me quit was I was literally facing fucking Vida Blue at an 70% clip. I was fuckng tired of it. He is my kryptonite. So I uninstalled and said I'll shall enjoy my other stuff. But. The only thing to do when I'm with my kid and we have done the limited activities that a 3 month old does, I watch YT videos and I still watch my fav MLB YTer and watching him play made me miss it.

I freshened up my team. I sold all sellable bullpen cards for packs and I'm rocking a bunch of silvers in my bullpen and and on the bench. Got rating mod under 150. I just want to play games against people in my skill level. I have proved to myself that I'm capable of playing elite players and winning, but I don't have the drive to give the intensity needed every game. It doesn't come natural to me, it takes bunch of brain power and I kind of don't want to use my brain, I just want to play the game and react. See the ball, hit the ball.

What made me quit was I was literally facing fucking Vida Blue at an 70% clip. I was fuckng tired of it. He is my kryptonite. So I uninstalled and said I'll shall enjoy my other stuff. But. The only thing to do when I'm with my kid and we have done the limited activities that a 3 month old does, I watch YT videos and I still watch my fav MLB YTer and watching him play made me miss it.

I freshened up my team. I sold all sellable bullpen cards for packs and I'm rocking a bunch of silvers in my bullpen and and on the bench. Got rating mod under 150. I just want to play games against people in my skill level. I have proved to myself that I'm capable of playing elite players and winning, but I don't have the drive to give the intensity needed every game. It doesn't come natural to me, it takes bunch of brain power and I kind of don't want to use my brain, I just want to play the game and react. See the ball, hit the ball.

I'm starting to think that they just pick the same pitcher every time for several hours at a time.

So like from 12-6, it's an 80% chance of your #4 pitcher and a 20% chance at your #1
And then from 6-12 it changes. Because I've had nights where I got NOTHING but Blue vs. Blue matchups, lol.

Freshening up the team sounds fun though, I might give that a whirl.

Currently 3-0 in this BR run I've got though, although BR is one of those things where you can feel awesome for 8 games and then have it all go straight to hell in the next two.

15k tickets though...

I got 43k anyways. The hell else am I going to use it on? lol

Everything about that card looks amazing except defense.

I'm about to buy me some of these postseason packs...

Ok never mind. 20,000 stubs each with no limit on them...like the Ballin is a Habit packs, I can't control myself if there's no limit!

"I think I'm about done with this game"

"OMG A ROBERTO ALOMAR I NEED HIM"

I'm about to open my packs up, hopefully I got them by now.

I got fucking Buster Posey :(

Man, I got completely smoked and embarrassed by somebody yesterday. It was 9-0 in the 6th before I just conceded. He used Seaver on me, it was tough.

This is my current rotation:
Kershaw
Seaver
Blue
Guidry
Feller

I think I'm looking to replace Feller. I like Guidry, don't love it. Kershaw is great but he can get got against really good and disciplined players. Yesterday I played somebody who swung and missed at every single 12-6 I threw, lol.

Korupt, hope we can get at least one game in before this game's cycle is over!
I'm mostly bored by everything else in the game at this point. I played a random who invited me to a full league on Reddit, I'm seriously thinking about joining that to freshen things up. And if this league is legit, it might be a great thing for me to get into for next year's game. I spent way too much time and money on this year's DD.

Man, I got completely smoked and embarrassed by somebody yesterday. It was 9-0 in the 6th before I just conceded. He used Seaver on me, it was tough.

This is my current rotation:
Kershaw
Seaver
Blue
Guidry
Feller

I think I'm looking to replace Feller. I like Guidry, don't love it. Kershaw is great but he can get got against really good and disciplined players. Yesterday I played somebody who swung and missed at every single 12-6 I threw, lol.

Korupt, hope we can get at least one game in before this game's cycle is over!
I'm mostly bored by everything else in the game at this point. I played a random who invited me to a full league on Reddit, I'm seriously thinking about joining that to freshen things up. And if this league is legit, it might be a great thing for me to get into for next year's game. I spent way too much time and money on this year's DD.

Im mostly available from 9-11 most nights once the little one and wife go to bed.

Choomp

Banned
Played with somebody as the Giant Bomb logo as their DD team logo today. Asked him about it and he said he just liked the logo, no idea what Giant Bomb was. Weird, is that like a thing in Diamond Dynasty?

I've gotten very bad at this game

Like damn I may not make CS

My discipline is still fine. But I can't hit when runners are in position and I'm getting few hits a game :(

I'm joining the retirement team. Just about to make CS but I play a guy who manufactured 3 runs taking advantage of animations and he won in extra innings. I know he's stealing with dee gordon, I pitch out and every time I'm in a run down with him, I should have him but then one of my fielders decides to throw a fucking rainbow and you add that my first baseman takes 20 hours to make a tag.

Not dealing with the bullshit anymore where people get from first to third on an infield single and when I've got the ball at second and somebody at third still has time to get to home because my 2nd baseman decides to take 5 seconds to throw.

Opened a 50 pack because I've had close to 300k stubs for months, and I'm pretty sure I've moved on at this point. Got two gold sponsorships, and one gold equipment. The rest was trash.

Opened a 50 pack because I've had close to 300k stubs for months, and I'm pretty sure I've moved on at this point. Got two gold sponsorships, and one gold equipment. The rest was trash.

Why didn't you open six 50s?

I'm still playing sporadically. I missed out on Alomar (twice!) by 1 point so I'm trying to buy him now...but fuck, I wish I had just not been lazy last season and didn't wait to grind till the final minute.

New cards haven't been all that impressive, but god damn I need that Alomar.

Why didn't you open six 50s?

I'm still playing sporadically. I missed out on Alomar (twice!) by 1 point so I'm trying to buy him now...but fuck, I wish I had just not been lazy last season and didn't wait to grind till the final minute.

New cards haven't been all that impressive, but god damn I need that Alomar.

I'm sure I'll end up blowing the rest of my stubs on 50s, just not today.

Top Bottom