• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurrygil

Question:

There's been requests to do a Fire Emblem: Kaksuei OT or some sort of discussion thread, as it just recently released in Japan.

This is currently being talked about in the this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469681&highlight=fire+emblem

I have already started creation of something much like an OT, but I just now realized the rule to being associated with your own game. (ie. I'm with Nintendo, in this case)

There's no intent of "hype" or anything, just the starting a simple discussion thread with the OP having the proper information about the game.

Would this be a problem if I went forward with posting it?

Seda

Question:

There's been requests to do a Fire Emblem: Kaksuei OT or some sort of discussion thread, as it just recently released in Japan.

This is currently being talked about in the this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469681&highlight=fire+emblem

I have already started creation of something much like an OT, but I just now realized the rule to being associated with your own game. (ie. I'm with Nintendo, in this case)

There's no intent of "hype" or anything, just the starting a simple discussion thread with the OP having the proper information about the game.

Would this be a problem if I went forward with posting it?

Sorta related, I posted a Kingdom Hearts 3D "OT" for general discussion of Japanese release of that game, (I figured it was a harmless thread to make because no one else had said they were posting one, and as you said, I included all of the "proper information about the game") but it was locked until the stateside release primarily because I wasn't actually getting that version of the game. So I guess someone who has purchased the game can make the "impressions" or "import" thread.

Nemesis_

Pretty sure I've got this all updated now guys. Lemme know if anything is off, as I do briefly skim the thread before I update.

mclem

This is mainly a query, although it might end up as an OT-of-sorts:

Last year, for E3, I made an automatic bingo card generator; I went through the E3 bingo thread, cut up the images by hand and fed them into a bit of software I'd tweaked for that purpose.

This year, it struck me that it'd be nice to have a thread where people create squares for the generator for people to use when E3 comes around. That said, there's a few issues:

* I'm not sure if enough people would be interested in submitting squares.
* I'm not sure how far in advance of E3 would be sensible to do it so it's not around for ages but leaves enough time for people to get submissions in.
* I have little to no artistic talent, but having some consistent template to fit to would make things aesthetically pleasing
* I'm wondering what constraints to put upon difficulty (Last year I made 'easy' - consisting of only plausible things - and 'hard' - consisting of some of the more ludicrous suggestions)

Last year's generator is at http://urchin.earth.li/~matt/e3bingo.htm - there's a dropdown at the bottom to pick various tilesets.

So in short: Is this something worth pursuing, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions to help out?

Salsa

not a gaming OT but Mr.Orange asked me to go back to making the Steam Sales threads (at least the next one for now (summer sales)) and i'll do it. Just checkin in.

ShadiWulf

Really really sorry about the rhythm thief OT, school got the best of me. I'm embarrassed that it's taken this long.

Think it's still worth making now, or should I wait until we are near the US release date?

Diamond

Little message to inform everybody that Takao will be unbanned before Gravity Rush US release date (June 12th) so he'll be able to make the OT for the game as planned, if there were any doubts. We're working on it and I think it'll be nice. :)

Levyne

Banned
RurouniZel posted a Meruru Thread before I got to. I was going to wait until tomorrow to post mine, because the release day is on the 22nd, but oh well I guess. :(

Man, that stinks since you had listed that you were making it.

This thread seems to be slowly becoming more and more used so hopefully these sorts of things become less and less common. You sure you don't want to post your op in your post in that thread as sort of an "alternate"? Maybe a mod could make your post 2nd

Rarutos

Man, that stinks since you had listed that you were making it.

This thread seems to be slowly becoming more and more used so hopefully these sorts of things become less and less common. You sure you don't want to post your op in your post in that thread as sort of an "alternate"? Maybe a mod could make your post 2nd

Bleh, I don't know. I had this called since November last year so I'm a bit upset/disappointed about it. But I don't really want to bother a mod about it or anything. It's not that big a deal, though I did get most of it done today. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom