• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Azure J

To turn that around, I think her apparent plainness is going to make what she's going to look like in motion that much more crazy--especially when you know what some of her skills may be, and what references are being used for her.

Same for Minette--I expect that if she gets in, she'll have a stunning sort of vibrance going on with her animations.

And I can't begin to imagine how Eliza and Aeon might get animated, haha.

This is another angle and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the overall idea. I mean, I pretty much came 100% around on her character just because of all the batshit "All the things in space are her weapons" comments, playing that off with a stone faced girl in plain-ish garb sounds like an awesome contrast waiting to happen.

That Annie picture above is perfect. Just the right way to get the Jojos cast excited.

I can tell you of one person who unironically commented on how they kinda sorta like Annie now when their entire M.O. was kinda dumping on the game before.

Lab Zero Games knows what they are doing. You think people didn't have the same reaction to Filia and others in the cast? That is why they gave Filia her DP super and showed it off to publishers instead of just using a still. Peacock looks pretty good, but her appeal absolutely skyrocketed when we saw Dio's road roller and goodfellas super. Ms. Fortune got super typcast on her reveal as a catgirl as well, but people fell in love with her VA's performance, dat bloody level 3 and her silly head's animations. When we see Annie in motion I guarantee that many on the fence will appreciate her more. People who dislike her because she is a "loli" are a lost cause.

Also, you brought up black holes for her. I haven't seen any indication that she'll use them, but she should totally have something even if it's a level 5. It'd be a great mechanic if her black hole sucked up dead bodies. Then she'd be an interesting counterpick against characters like Scythana or Valentine.

Edit: You should read my post in the ASW voting thread regarding Baiken. I think you'd appreciate the subtleties a little more then.

Yeah, I have full faith in Lab Zero to realize a lot of this stuff and do it well. Also, funny that you bring up Baiken as if I played Guilty any, she'd probably be my main. :p

Edit: How far is Sagan going to be implemented in Annie's moveset? I'm re-hearing elsewhere that he transforms and I remembered the notes about how he'd be a scooter or something of the sort, but now I'm here theorizing... If Sagan is a Stand on top of everything else, this character is amaaaaaazing.

Moonlight

Banned
tumblr_mltlp1BiiP1rhk4y2o1_1280.png

I'll never understand how anyone could live with themselves, keeping Black Dahlia out of Skullgirls. Look at all of her fancy hats!

Tempted to pm chibi over at srk but I'll try to wait this out like every other round

I'll never understand how anyone could live with themselves, keeping Black Dahlia out of Skullgirls. Look at all of her fancy hats!

My man. I got super pumped when I saw that concept art on the stream last night.

Azure J

Whoa...

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ALL THE CHARACTERS ^nth

Funfact: Concept sketches, especially posing, are the best kind of eye candy for me. With that said, two things. Black Dahlia needs a Megaman X/Command Mission X color and to Ravi, a question. Have you heard anything about the guys implementing team preset slots at the character select?

Azure J

Absolute highest tier:

Eliza
Annie
Feng
Black Dahlia
Issac
Beowulf
Scythana
Venus

"Next up" tier

Aeon (sorry guys)
Taliesin
Panzerfaust
Brain Drain
Molly
Regina
Beatrix
D. Violet

MikeZ wasn't at NYCC. :eek:

I distinctly remember someone being there that was kinda not so subtly hinting that it was time for me to get off when Chibi finished working me over. Eh, maybe my memory's fuzzy.

Point still stands though, it was a fun experience meeting you both back then. :)

Ravidrath

I distinctly remember someone being there that was kinda not so subtly hinting that it was time for me to get off when Chibi finished working me over. Eh, maybe my memory's fuzzy.

Point still stands though, it was a fun experience meeting you both back then. :)

That was probably Danny, the PR guy, clearing you out for a press appointment.

Mike Z is the most easy guy to recognize. He'd be shouting out all your mistakes right behind you with everyone watching. Just ask the people who go to Salty Cupcakes. LOL
Absolute highest tier:

Eliza
Annie
Feng
Black Dahlia
Issac
Beowulf
Scythana
Venus

"Next up" tier

Aeon (sorry guys)
Taliesin
Panzerfaust
Brain Drain
Molly
Regina
Beatrix
D. Violet
*Sadface activated*

Azure J

That was probably Danny, the PR guy, clearing you out for a press appointment.

Ah gotcha.

Mike Z is the most easy guy to recognize. He'd be shouting out all your mistakes right behind you with everyone watching. Just ask the people who go to Salty Cupcakes. LOL

He'd have had a field day with me. Not only was that my first experience with Skullgirls and my first GAF personality meetup, it was the first time I've ever played stick.

It was dreadful.

*Pad Warrior*

*Sadface activated*

Competition is too fierce among ranks below my top 8 really.

Jintor

Does anyone have a concept shot of a back shot of Annie? Some fanart seems to give her this kinda... lace-up thing for her shirt that I'm trying to get a good angle on. Otherwise her back is just this solid mass of uninteresting colour. I guess I could put a star design on there... or just give her a cape, lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does anyone have a concept shot of a back shot of Annie? Some fanart seems to give her this kinda... lace-up thing for her shirt that I'm trying to get a good angle on. Otherwise her back is just this solid mass of uninteresting colour. I guess I could put a star design on there... or just give her a cape, lol

A ribbon.

http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/new

Salty Cupcakes any minute now.
He'd have had a field day with me. Not only was that my first experience with Skullgirls and my first GAF personality meetup, it was the first time I've ever played stick.

It was dreadful.

*Pad Warrior*
Demo stations that only have sticks are the worst. I went to the UMvC3/Third Strike OE event in downtown a couple of years back and I think all they had were sticks. Got one fight in while searching for Lei Lei improvements and got destroyed. Left a bit frustrated to say the least.

The golden rule for such Capcom events is to show up two hours early. Fuck, the line was a block long when we got there.

Azure J

Rich voting for Eliza is the best. Chocolate for the Chocolate God. Mariel also voting Eliza is great although she had a really controversial opinion for #TeamAnnie.

TheOGB

Banned
RECAP FOR THOSE WHO WEREN'T WATCHING
  • Mike Z made a build for the 360 patch last Thursday. Something was wrong, it was denied.
  • Mike makes a build on Friday. Denied again.
  • Makes a build on Monday. It's okay.
  • Build from Friday is sent in instead of the fixed Monday one.

Konami pls

Azure J

Konami man, smh.

Mike should have renamed the game Metal Gear Solid: Daughters of the Bones and tried for that Kojima priority clause.

Top Bottom