• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disappointment here, it's exactly what I was expecting considering your predilection toward massive lists :p

I'll indulge myself however (and hopefully Crumpet) with my answer: Outside.

Butterfly was Mariah at her creative peak, yet it also marked the beginning of her vocal decline. But the frailty in her voice only amplified the emotional resonance of this introspective masterpiece. The lyrics are astoundingly good, and years later I still hear subtleties that make me appreciate the song in a whole new way. The only song other than Boyz II Men's "Mama" that leaves me in a puddle of tears every time I hear it T_T

Nemesis_

iT3WhNUGIAkUi.gif

Wasn't there one of these for Xtincta?

Nemesis_

The One where she turns around and does a front flip to the nearest mcdonalds?

I swear I saw one where she was yelling (from the superbowl performance) and there was the same foods flashing behind her? Or did I imagine such things lol

*shrugs*

I don't really have a single favorite. It just sort of depends on what I want to listen to at the moment. In recent months I have probably listened to Anytime You Need A Friend C&C Remix the most, though.

Edit: Sorry to disappoint, Leona!

No disappointment here, it's exactly what I was expecting considering your predilection toward massive lists :p

Butterfly was Mariah at her creative peak, yet it also marked the beginning of her vocal decline. But the frailty in her voice only amplified the emotional resonance of this introspective masterpiece. The lyrics are astoundingly good, and years later I still hear subtleties that make me appreciate the song in a whole new way. The only song other than Boyz II Men's "Mama" that leaves me in a puddle of tears every time I hear it T_T
Gracias! I still need to listen to Butterfly
uGb0x.gif

I just realized that it's nearly summer, and so by corollary India Arie's next masterpiece will soon be upon us. Flawless from the beginning of the decade to the end, and she doesn't even need to snatch wigs because she's content with her own beautiful coils.

Ma lawd, this summer is going to be total insanity. Thank the heavens above that my family and friends sustain me not with love and affection, but with iTunes gift cards.

Delio

So One Direction Is being sued by...One Direction.

uKL2m.jpg

British boy band One Direction is being sued by a much lesser known American band -- also called One Direction -- and now, the Americans are out for blood ... demanding the Brits change their name.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's like a horrifying glimpse into the future where 1D have undergone 73 lineup changes a la sugababes

gaf pop thread is just about the only thing i post in at the moment

Del, you will be please to know that I saw One Direction from the bus this week, didn't know who they were but there were a whole lot of screaming 10 year old girls.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ahh, cool. i really liked we found love (against my better judgement), but thought you da one and talk that talk were a bit weak.

i still haven't actually listened to TTT properly

DMeisterJ

Banned
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/485267_381607041874221_159654620736132_1206160_1358931993_n.jpg[IMG]

Are ya'll ready for the slayage that's about to ensue? Ya'll better be [IMG]http://fotpforums.com/images/smilies/rih17.gif

Tell em! Summer anthem coming soon! Flawless cover.

Mumei

I just realized that it's nearly summer, and so by corollary India Arie's next masterpiece will soon be upon us. Flawless from the beginning of the decade to the end, and she doesn't even need to snatch wigs because she's content with her own beautiful coils.

Ma lawd, this summer is going to be total insanity. Thank the heavens above that my family and friends sustain me not with love and affection, but with iTunes gift cards.

FTFY

This actually does surprise me a little bit. I knew Butterfly was your favorite album (and I remember you posting about Outside before!), but I thought that your favorite song might be Underneath the Stars. On Butterfly, I can't begin to pick a favorite. At this moment, it is probably The Roof, but I've had like three-quarters of the songs on that album as my "favorite" off of it at some point.

And in other creative peak news about my faves, I picked up the album representing Dusty Springfield's creative peak, Dusty in Memphis yesterday. So sublime.

royalan

OMGLOL @ the last 4 pages of this thread. Rivers of tears and spilledt tea...

Anyway, I was out at a bar with my roommate last night, in Philadelphia's "Gayborhood" when I was hit over the head with the realization that Mariah Carey's versatility as an artist is to the point that she's spawned completely separate (and often, warring) sects of stans. The Followers of Popriah, and the Urbanriah Faithful. All it took was someone playing "Fantasy feat. O.D.B" to set the entire first floor of this bar off.

Popriah is home to some of her strongest vocal showcases: like this and this.

But Urbanriah has this, this and this (and honorable mention to this and this), which are STILL in regular rotation on my iPod. Not to mention The Emancipation of Mimi - the very album that put her back on top.

All of these songs were played back to back. Good night for Mariah stans.

Also, the Got 2B Real fans will get a kick out of this...

DMeisterJ

Banned

Anyway, I was out at a bar with my roommate last night, in Philadelphia's "Gayborhood" when I was hit over the head with the realization that Mariah Carey's versatility as an artist is to the point that she's spawned completely separate (and often, warring) sects of stans. The Followers of Popriah, and the Urbanriah Faithful. All it took was someone playing "Fantasy feat. O.D.B" to set the entire first floor of this bar off.

But Urbanriah has this, this and this (and honorable mention to this and this), which are STILL in regular rotation on my iPod. Not to mention The Emancipation of Mimi - the very album that put her back on top.

Urbanriah > Popriah.

Honey, and the remix, are probably my favorite Mariah songs.

Mumei

I love both. And you forgot Jazzriah and Christmasriah. Also, the best song off Emancipation is Stay the Night. Don't know why it wasn't a single.

While I was on Youtube this morning, I ran into these two videos again. Everyone's faves need to stop trying.

Mau ®

So who is stanning Carly Rae Jepsen?

CALL ME MAYBE is starting to slay everywhere. In the UK it just cockblocked Justin Beiber from #1. Funny how Beiber is the one who "discovered" her lol (she actually had been #1 in canada before anybody bothered to take notice tho).

It reminds me of that glorious 99-00's period when Britney pretended to be innocent and virgin. I LOVE IT
cry05.gif

CALL ME MAYBE is starting to slay everywhere. In the UK it just cockblocked Justin Beiber from #1. Funny how Beiber is the one who "discovered" her lol (she actually had been #1 in canada before anybody bothered to take notice tho).

It reminds me of that glorious 99-00's period when Britney pretended to be innocent and virgin. I LOVE IT
cry05.gif

I really like her followup single to Call Me Maybe, Curiosity. It's even catchier!

DMeisterJ

Banned
Nicki Minaj is encroaching on Rihanna territory with her first week sales, and Madonna had an epic second-week drop since she stopped giving away albums in it's first week: Facts

I'm guessing M.I.A. is next to enter flopville since 2/3 of the GMAYL artists flopped.

Mau ®

Nicki Minaj is encroaching on Rihanna territory with her first week sales, and Madonna had an epic second-week drop since she stopped giving away albums in it's first week: Facts

I'm guessing M.I.A. is next to enter flopville since 2/3 of the GMAYL artists flopped.

With the Britney breakdown that started to ensue after Madge kissed Britney. Im afraid collaborating with Madonna only brings misery to someone's career.

Kyon

Banned
Now, now.

It isn't Crumpet's fault that he's so young that he thought that "Vintage Mariah" referred to when she released We Belong Together.

That................................is........just..........................................................

Koodo

Banned

This was me February 8th:

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen has been #1 on the Canadian iTunes Store for approximately 47.2 years.

I don't even know who that person is and it's making me pressed.

A 2006 Canadian Idol loser clocking the world.
cry05.gif

Edit: oh, her video is certainly pleasing.

Mumei

Edit: oh, her video is certainly pleasing.

I don't even remember the song. I just remember the visuals.

i love this song how did u come up wiv it! im guessing ur age is 18! plz reply and tell me is my guess good!
jedhead17501 1 hour ago

My love-hate relationship with stupid Youtube comments continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom