• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Thanks, just looked and he's already on the wiki http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fateful_Day_Super_Saiyan_Gohan_(Youth)

What's the point of raising his attack for 1 turn though? He's gonna be out of rotation the turn after he supers. Or is it until HIS next turn specifically?

His next turn. Plus it doesn't really matter considering he gets another ki orb for every one he collects. He's basically supering every turn even more so than INT Ult Gohan.

MisterMac

I loved the ending. Except - without going into much spoilery detail - the post-fight "screensaver" stuff.

DB Super really is quite funny between arcs, for the most part.

edit: sorry about the double post.

I was fine with everything until Goku hit the button and the retcon to a certain pair of earrings.

For all the JP players, here's a list of all the upcoming DS left before the SSJ4 dokkan event ends: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB.../theoretical_amount_of_stones_left_till_next/

Also, I still have two SSJ4 Vegeta accounts available if anyone wanted to give them a go (one has SSR Pan as well).

I was fine with everything until Goku hit the button and the retcon to a certain pair of earrings.

I'm cool with the retcon actually.
Gives it a proper weakness plus allows for their return at some point, even multiple times.

I'm at the end of the Champa arc and so far I think Super is just kind of... bad. The animation is what really kills it, but also the whole premise is just a super weak, no-stakes thing to hang a 20-episode arc on. The fights aren't really fun or interesting to watch, and there isn't much going on outside of that. The best part so far was Vegeta's Final Flash against Magetta. The fight against Hit was very disappointing imo. Maybe I got spoiled by the terrific animation in the Battle of Gods movie.

Also they really did Gohan raw, god damn.

Meneses

Yeah, that was kinda dumb.

The
earring retcon was kinda weird at first but now I think it does make a bit more sense that it's stamina based and not just "well, Buu's insides made them un-fuse, I don't know". Plus, the earrings hadn't been used by people with such a crazy amount of power, so it wasn't too bad that they're "discovering" new weaknesses.

I'm at the end of the Champa arc and so far I think Super is just kind of... bad. The animation is what really kills it, but also the whole premise is just a super weak, no-stakes thing to hang a 20-episode arc on. The fights aren't really fun or interesting to watch, and there isn't much going on outside of that. The best part so far was Vegeta's Final Flash against Magetta. The fight against Hit was very disappointing imo. Maybe I got spoiled by the terrific animation in the Battle of Gods movie.

I didn't like the Champa arc very much either. Trunks arc is cool.

We've already discussed the animation, it won't be much better in general but there are some episodes where it's really good.

Gohan, well, he *might* be good on the current arc. Jury is still out so far, but
he's about to fight in this week's episode, and it might get kinda serious.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

The show has been pretty solid following the end of the Trunks arc, at least for me (Trunks arc started cool but was bogged down by too many issues...)

I've been getting my enjoyment out of it.

Aiii

So not worth it
The show has been pretty solid following the end of the Trunks arc, at least for me (Trunks arc started cool but was bogged down by too many issues...)

I've been getting my enjoyment out of it.

Tons of fanservice and I'm loving it myself. Of course, it took a while to get to proper new content, but even that I didn't really mind that much.

Trunks saga has a terrific villain, really enjoyed that, might be top 3 villains with Cell and Freeza.

And now we're getting
Ultimate Gohan, I can feel it, and if it gives me that, I will praise all that is holy.

Yeah I'm hoping the Trunks arc will be good. I'm skipping the last few episodes of the Champa arc since it seems like filler, post-tournament. My boy future Trunks is one of my favorite characters, after adult Gohan, so that helps, and Goku Black seems like a cool villain.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah I'm hoping the Trunks arc will be good. I'm skipping the last few episodes of the Champa arc since it seems like filler, post-tournament. My boy future Trunks is one of my favorite characters, after adult Gohan, so that helps, and Goku Black seems like a cool villain.

Filler episodes are the best part about Super, so far.

Aiii

So not worth it
Field A is my favorite, I sometimes stay on the field before a boss longer just to listen to it.

Meneses

I think you mean that as a compliment but that sounds like an indictment to me, lol

I haven't played with sound on since like, day 2 or 3. That music just gets stuck in my head.

You could interpret it both ways, I guess lol

But some filler suff has been pretty hilarious.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Thanks, just looked and he's already on the wiki http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fateful_Day_Super_Saiyan_Gohan_(Youth)

What's the point of raising his attack for 1 turn though? He's gonna be out of rotation the turn after he supers. Or is it until HIS next turn specifically?

Gotenks has the same thing. It's not meant to be stacked since it's a huge boost of 100%, Gohan will probably be much more consistent at hitting this though because of his passive.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Any of you guys who have been doing LR Goku event, what teams are you using? It looks like int/phys is the way to go? I'm still not sure I want to grind him out, but I am definitely planning on farming up LR frieza so I might get to work on the pre-LR Goku to use on that team. So I better get to farming strikes.

Any of you guys who have been doing LR Goku event, what teams are you using? It looks like int/phys is the way to go? I'm still not sure I want to grind him out, but I am definitely planning on farming up LR frieza so I might get to work on the pre-LR Goku to use on that team. So I better get to farming strikes.

Chilled leader
KV
Cold
PHY Fattenks
Mecha Freeza
KV friend for non-nuking runs/Chilled friend for nuking when available

You could interpret it both ways, I guess lol

But some filler suff has been pretty hilarious.

Yeah I mean more like, if the filler is better than the stuff it's filler between, then there's some structural problems. Anyway the first episode of the Trunks arc was great, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

updated impressions because thread = dead and I watched a bunch today on the side: This arc is awesome. Trunks is a great character and they're doing him justice (unlike Gohan, though I must say the episode where Trunks visits him turned out to be an emotional highlight of the series, it worked well, and almost redeemed the writers for totally sidelining him). I don't know why his hair turned blue, and I don't know why they didn't take the time machine to the moment where Black first shows up before he murders 99% of the earth, but time travel on this show makes zero sense anyway, so I just roll with it. Gotta give a shout out to the music too, it's been consistently one of the best parts of the show, and it's a suitable replacement to Faulconer's music, the GOAT score (shut up this is MY POST).

Also, is it me, or are they really leaning into the "Goku is a complete idiot" bit here? I realize he was always a bit dumber in the JP dub than the original, but he feels very one-note here. Also I think the writers lean far too heavily on Beerus and Whis, and 90% of their jokes are "they like food". They're rapidly running the characters into the ground, which is a shame, because back when I first watched Battle of Gods I thought they were brilliant new additions - mercurial and mysterious, aloof yet incredibly powerful. Now they're just goofballs you can't take seriously.

Black and Zamasu, so far, are definitely some of the better villains of DBZ. Not sure what their deal is quite yet, but it's starting to come together. I just finished the episode where Trunks, Goku and Vegeta go back to the the present again after getting their asses kicked.

RedSnake

SR Goku is one of the better starter SRs due to his high stats but you'll be wanting to pull Omega Shenron for now and Gogeta if you can manage it.

Edit: HOLY CRAP that LR Gohan is amazing. Those stats too and the leader skill!

So I should try and pull them and reroll if I don't get OS or Gogeta or just keep playing quests, events (can I even do events now? or should I?), pull whatever I can get or save stones for a bigger pull?

If there's no way to "screw up" I don't mind finding my way arround but I would hate to waste a lot of time just to restart.

Arrrammis

So I should try and pull them and reroll if I don't get OS or Gogeta or just keep playing quests, events (can I even do events now? or should I?), pull whatever I can get or save stones for a bigger pull?

If there's no way to "screw up" I don't mind finding my way arround but I would hate to waste a lot of time just to restart.

It's up to you, Gogeta is a great card to start with, but you should be fine without if you don't want to reroll. Just in general don't spend a lot of stones on banners unless it's a dokkan festival (like the OS/Gogeta banner) or a guaranteed SSR banner.

Reroll as soon as you don't get the units. Gogeta is the way to go or Omega Shenron. Their leader skills make Z hard pretty trivial for the first few mission worlds.

Do the events when you have an account you are gonna stick with for the long term.

Skii

Gohan has been released but he's not a featured unit. Currently the chances of pulling him are 0.1%. I don't really understand why they've released the best unit in the game without any in game or twitter announcements. It's just so weird.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gohan has been released but he's not a featured unit. Currently the chances of pulling him are 0.1%. I don't really understand why they've released the best unit in the game without any in game or twitter announcements. It's just so weird.

Hmm. Maybe it's there by mistake?

Skii

Hmm. Maybe it's there by mistake?

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe he was supposed to be released next week and they accidentally put him in the current banner. But I know people who are already spending big money to get him now. Like you need to do 100 multis on average to get one.

100 multis. That's 5000 stones.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe he was supposed to be released next week and they accidentally put him in the current banner. But I know people who are already spending big money to get him now. Like you need to do 100 multis on average to get one.

100 multis. That's 5000 stones.

Good lord. In before maintenance I guess.

Edit: Wow some guy on Reddit pulled him, jelly as f right now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Actually I thought they'd secretly put him on all current banners but just not featured ever. It was too weird that he was scheduled to drop with no announcement whatsoever, besides the announcement of his existence in vjump.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Actually I thought they'd secretly put him on all current banners but just not featured ever. It was too weird that he was scheduled to drop with no announcement whatsoever, besides the announcement of his existence in vjump.

The VJump article does say it was planned for a February release at least.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno, I wonder if he was accidentally put on as a regular SSR pull?

It'd be weird they wouldn't feature him, as that would drive stone sales.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Here's how I figure they want LR Gohan to be. He's just going to be the big get that's a nice surprise on non dokkan fest banners, like how the Androids are on the FP banner.

in other news I got him on the sim and it took me 17450 stones lol

SnakeEyes

Banned
So after all this time of not getting Omega Shenron, a friend was rubbing in my face that he'd pulled his 5th one. I ended up saying fuck it, and bought a full-priced Stone pack to pull a Multi.

One pod.
No SS.
Bye Guys.
First card - Omega Shenron.

Welp that's my luck gone for a while XD

Almost 200 stones on Vegeta banner for JP and still no SSJ4. Thinking about cutting my losses and just sticking with SSJ4 Goku. Have the perfect mono STR team with GT SSJ3 Vegeta, Gogeta, GT SSJ Trunks, SSG Goku and eventually SSJ3 GT Kid Goku.

This is the second time the Baby event has been available for me. I farmed up Baby Vegeta last time and ignored the PHY Goten. Is he worth devoting time to now? My PHY team right now...

Leader: PHY SSGSS Vegeta
SSJ Trunks
Xeno Trunks (soon to be dokkaned at max SA)
SSJ2 Goku (waiting for max level to dokkan)

The last two spots I usually rotate, but I have Fatenks, Majin Buu (dokkaned), Syn Shenron, Goku (The Weight Of Hope), and the SSGSS Goku that was on Baba's Shop last year.

Can anyone offer me some advice on who I should run for a PHY team?

Top Bottom