• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac 3DS REJECTED [Up: Now looking into Sony Platforms]

weeaboo

As expected

http://twitter.com/#!/EdmundMcMillen/status/174692692893253632

http://twitter.com/#!/EdmundMcMillen/status/174692933235257345

vnKD3.png

LraC1.png

Shame, I want Isaac portable :(

From the other thread:

Every time I think about this being on the 3DS I laugh. There was just no way.

A naked kid using his own tears, blood, urine, and excrement to fight demons, his bible-thumping abusive mom, and giant vaginas. One of his power ups is to hang himself with a noose, another one is to have a coat hanger through his head. Not to mention other dead, rotting kids littering the levels.

Cool game though.

Pretty much. Not at all surprised that it was rejected.

Nibel

I thought we were done with this shit after the SNES era.

Nope, there was this controversy about Ocarina Of Time on N64:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time had the most changes made to it. The Mirror Shield was changed during its GameCube release, from a crescent moon and star to the Gerudo Symbol, due to its similarity to the Islamic emblem. Also, the original Fire Temple music was changed because the chanting was sampled from an Islamic prayer. In addition, Ganondorf's blood was changed from red to green in two of the ending cutscenes to avoid an ESRB rating of T (Teen) and retain its rating of E (Everyone) (this only seems to hold true for later shipments of the cartridge, as it is not the case on the Collector's Edition "gold cartridge").

I bet there are some more recent examples.

acm2000

totally justified
not really, its stupid, but they wont miss the 4 sales 3dsware would have given them anyway

I thought we were done with this shit after the SNES era.

Yeah.

But I can... sort of understand why. Even though The Binding of Isaac is just telling its own (extremely scatological) take on a Biblical story, all that has to happen is some crazy-ass fundamentalist organization looking for publicity takes aim at it, tells everyone else that it trivializes and makes fun of Christianity (the truth rarely matters when it comes to moral outrage over anything), and then Nintendo gets the bad press by association.

Nope, there was this controversy about Ocarina Of Time on N64:

I bet there are some more recent examples.

I'm glad I have my uncensored cart!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't think any of the three hardware makers would certify this game for release.

Now lets see if it will come out on anything else. I remember them saying that they would shop it around if Nintendo said no.

Hate to second the vita comment but yes, team meat guys, please give Sony a second chance. It'd make a cool mini...

WTF Nintendo, one step forward, two steps back. And if you really want to be a dick about it, religious content didn't stop you from releasing and publishing Eternal Darkness ( not a knock towards the game cause it is too fucking awesome)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
ITT, people act as it Sony or MS would publish such a game without any concerns on their plattforms, especially without the ESRB rating.

It sucks but it's not really shocking ...

Understandable on Nintendo's part. If they did allow it, probably wouldn't sell too much anyway. Better to go after iOS or Vita if they want something where the game will thrive.

EDIT: Well aware they've said no to iOS by the way... dunno, seems like free money to me :S

What parents are actually going to set up parental controls on a videogame system?
It doesn't matter if they don't use it. Legally, their ass is covered. They're just afraid of drawing the ire of religious groups and those batshit insane pious mothers against videogames type people. I'm not at all surprised given the games content, but I wanted them to have some balls about it just this once.

DonMigs85

Nintendo probably gets calls from idiot parents thinking they're responsible for all the games put out. They probably just want to avoid dealing with any potential trouble.

Satchel

Banned
Aaaahhh Nintendo.

Still the same company they were in the 80's and 90's. It just took for them to be in a position of dominance again for them to show it.

Sinoox

Banned
Way to improve 3rd party support, Nintendo. Seems they really have no interest in the core gaming audience after all.

Do we have sales numbers for other E-Shop titles? I can't imagine they'd be very high at all.

Just base them on the ratings in the shop. Of course games sold more than that because not everyone rates the games but that's just how I guess the sales. Not the best method but it's something.

K701

Banned
ITT, people act as it Sony or MS would publish such a game without any concerns on their plattforms, especially without the ESRB rating.

It sucks but it's not really shocking ...

You don't mean publish, just allow.
Also, Army corps of hell on the Vita.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Aaaahhh Nintendo.

Still the same company they were in the 80's and 90's. It just took for them to be in a position of dominance again for them to show it.

Yes, it's not like they certified Manhunt 2 for the Wii. This game would without question be rated Adults Only by the ESRB and therefore be refused by all 3 platform holders.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Way to improve 3rd party support, Nintendo. Seems they really have no interest in the core gaming audience after all.
So every company without Binding of Isaac doesn't care about gamers. That's a narrow list and should put things in perspective for some people then, probably including you (ie, nobody cares about you, whether you do or not, except maybe Valve :p).

jediyoshi

So every company without Binding of Isaac doesn't care about gamers. That's a narrow list and should put things in perspective for some people then, probably including you (ie, nobody cares about you, whether you do or not, except maybe Valve :p).
Don't think Edmund has shopped around BoI around all too much.

Top Bottom