• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.

guldakot

wall running would add that extra oomph that you got from the movement of ut2k4, without people floating all over the map, would be very interesting.

Techies

going after that Titanfall crowd eh :D i guess it's fine.

That was made a by a community member, but then again UT4 is a game made by both Epic and community.

So that might be included in a future build, or it may not be. But it's one of those features that just begs for a shot. Especially if Epic can add final their own final touches to it (animations etc).

If that's the core, imagine the mods that will spring from it.
The difference between vanilla and mods is, mods allow for exaggeration.

syko de4d

wall running really looks good. UT need something new, maybe it will be this.

And the discussion for single tab dodge vs. double tab dodge in the UT forum is just weird. Some people really want no change at all. Single tab dodge is better in every way and the game should be build around that.

Techies

wall running really looks good. UT need something new, maybe it will be this.

And the discussion for single tab dodge vs. double tab dodge in the UT forum is just weird. Some people really want no change at all. Single tab dodge is better in every way and the game should be build around that.

The thing is more experienced players started using dodge to cover distance faster, by rotating camera 45 degrees and dodging forward via double tapping A or D.

Now single tap allows you to dodge forward without breaking momentum, so no need to rotate camera weirdly every few seconds just to move faster. You could double tap W without stopping.

You can either just continuously dodge forward or sprint or attempt a sprint. And those are pretty easy to do so new players won't have to learn the 45 degree dodge to be able to compete.

Velurian

Can't get it to run. I have an UltraWide monitor. Tried all different kinds of resolutions but I still think it's related to the monitor. It just keeps minimizing itself (not crashing).

Same problem. Anyone else have it?
MSI GT72
980M + i7 + Windows 8.1

e: resolved - somehow teamviewer causes it. Kill it and it works fine.

commedieu

Banned
Is there a map, that's just black and a plasma/waterfall.. or was that a glitch...? It seemed to be the only game I could joing.

The_Afroman

Have we moved on from this already? :p

I just finally got settled enough to install this, and i see no one has talked about it since the 4th :(

Wondering if any Gaffers are still playing?

Top Bottom