• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shark Tank 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnett is such a human leech, he and the network getting a cut is rediculous (but of course not surprising).

The guy who had the inflatable wine cork eventually backed out of the deal. He was featured on another entrepeneur show, Invention Hunters, and made a deal with them. The product was renamed Air Cork and you can find it for sale online.

Good for him, glad he woke up and was able to get out of Cuban and the QVC witch's awful deal. Kevin wasn't fooling around when he loudly called them thieves on that one.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I know. :(

Been a great season so far though, the best being that guy that talked himself out of a million dollars down to 90k. Bwahaha

s100516_shark-tankpg-horizontal.jpg

cacophony

I know. :(

Been a great season so far though, the best being that guy that talked himself out of a million dollars down to 90k. Bwahaha

that was painful to watch. then changing the offer he initially came in with..

and I think the mil was from Laurie? That product on QVC would make that dude miiiiillions. what a dumb decision.

90% of the time they take these people to the cleaners and rip them off. If you really had a good idea what you should do is go on the show to get the free advertising and turn down any deal that the "sharks" offer you. Then go to a real investor and sell it to them.

90% of the time they take these people to the cleaners and rip them off. If you really had a good idea what you should do is go on the show to get the free advertising and turn down any deal that the "sharks" offer you. Then go to a real investor and sell it to them.

I have a feeling that's what the show is becoming, people asking for $250,000 for a 5% stake in a brownie business or something. They just want to get on the show for some advertising and the show just wants to have the sharks skewer them (although just by appearing on the show the sharks get a piece of the business AFAIK). It's also beginning to feel like the American Idol nonsense when they show all of the tryouts, no talent people doing silly things just so viewers can watch Simon shake his head.

It's too bad, I think the show has taken a turn for the worse. It's becoming less and less interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom