• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

mreddie

Warren Ellis, Shavley doing a Fifty Shades of Grey mini by Dark Horse. Confirmed at Wondercon.

HEHEHEHEHEHEH

mreddie

April Fools?

giphy.gif

Vibranium

Banned
Warren Ellis, Shavley doing a Fifty Shades of Grey mini by Dark Horse. Confirmed at Wondercon.

HEHEHEHEHEHEH

Sejic has some serious competition now...Ellis going for that market.

Seriously though, if it actually happened I think it would be interesting if Ellis went nuts with it.

Sandfox

And the CBR forums have once again spiraled into fuckery with the Marvel comments.
You really shouldn't expect anything else because quite a few people will just read titles and certain sites have agendas.

Personally I'm just waiting to see what Marvel does with MMM in terms of addressing the comments, which contain legit complaints. So far they seem to be addressing some of them at least.

Messi

The recent arc in Daredevil about the artist was legit creepy and really well done. Nice to see them find their feet at last.

Messi

That book just keeps getting better and better.

I recommend checking out Kingpin as well.

I only have the issues until they dropped digital codes due to my boycott. I am glad to hear Kingpin is good though, if it remains good I will buy a trade.

How has Elektra been?

Sandfox

I only have the issues until they dropped digital codes due to my boycott. I am glad to hear Kingpin is good though, if it remains good I will buy a trade.

How has Elektra been?
It's not as good as the previous book, but if you like Elektra you will probably enjoy it.

mreddie

You really shouldn't expect anything else because quite a few people will just read titles and certain sites have agendas.

Personally I'm just waiting to see what Marvel does with MMM in terms of addressing the comments, which contain legit complaints. So far they seem to be addressing some of them at least.

Again, they wanted Moon Girl/Riri to fail and almost dismissed Mosaic and they address the diversity don't mean sales shit to insanity

Sandfox

Again, they wanted Moon Girl/Riri to fail and almost dismissed Mosaic and they address the diversity don't mean sales shit to insanity
There's multiple reasons for stuff like that. It is a fact of the people getting into this don't actually read or buy the stuff they are championing for. People also like to bring up "real solutions" that wouldn't actually work in the industry.

Moon Girl is perfect. YOU FUCKING APOLOGIZE.
The X-Men fans on CBR absolutely hate her.

Messi

There's multiple reasons for stuff like that. It is a fact of the people getting into this don't actually read or buy the stuff they are championing for. People also like to bring up "real solutions" that wouldn't actually work in the industry.

The X-Men fans on CBR absolutely hate her.

....I WONDER WHY....

I really don't

Messi

Because she helped the X-Men during IvX and the X-Men were written as if they were in a book targeted at children when they appeared in her ongoing.

...Because her book is aimed at children... what do they expect? mature ass X-Men in a Moon Girl book?? Are they detatched from reality?

Oh thats where the insane X-Men conspiracy thread is right?

Some new entries on hamiltonbook.com.

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN, VOL 1, 2, 3 and 10 - $10 each
SPEED RACER: Mach Go Go Go (Box Set) - $12
MADMAN 20TH ANNIVERSARY MONSTER! - $20
MEANWHILE...: A Biography of Milton Caniff - $8
THE LOVE AND ROCKETS COMPANION - $10
LOVE AND ROCKETS: The Covers - $10
ANNIHILATOR (HC) - $7
RED HANDED: The Fine Art of Strange Crimes - $6

Vic_Viper

What the heck is this from lol? It was shown off during the Wildstorm Hardcover announcement I guess, found it on CBR but noone else has it in their article that I can find

Brass-DAnda.jpeg

Edit: wait, nvm Its something called BRASS

Anyone know what this series/character is from inside the Wildstorm universe? Was it stand alone or something else?

Read through two longer books over yesterday and today.

I did not enjoy This One Summer as much as Tyrant did I am afraid. It looked beautiful but the pacing and style of writing almost makes it feel like an "oscar bait" comic. It just didn't click for me even if I see what the writer is trying to do with the various characters. Windy was cool though.

I also read A People's History of the American Empire - a comic adaptation of A People's History of the United States. A long (and difficult) read though there's nothing special about the adaptation. Does make me want to track down and read the prose book.

What the heck is this from lol? It was shown off during the Wildstorm Hardcover announcement I guess, found it on CBR but noone else has it in their article that I can find

[IG]http://cbr1.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Brass-DAnda.jpeg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=20&w=790&h=1200&fit=crop[/IMG]

Edit: wait, nvm Its something called BRASS

Anyone know what this series/character is from inside the Wildstorm universe? Was it stand alone or something else?

That's Cyborg from the JL movie innit.

P5 Preload should be going up tonight.
Aye but I ordered the take your heart edition from Amazon so I'll have to wait until Tuesday

I'm still debating whether to use a non spoiler guide to get the most out of all the social links and ensure the true ending on the first playthrough. Although I'm hearing it's much easier to get the true ending on your own going in blind. I just don't want to spend 100 hours and miss stuff. I won't get to a replay any time soon. So I dunno

Sandfox

Aye but I ordered the take your heart edition from Amazon so I'll have to wait until Tuesday

I'm still debating whether to use a non spoiler guide to get the most out of all the social links and ensure the true ending on the first playthrough. Although I'm hearing it's much easier to get the true ending on your own going in blind. I just don't want to spend 100 hours and miss stuff. I won't get to a replay any time soon. So I dunno
I tried using the guide on gamefaqs and it didn't work.

Aizo

Banned
I bought too many comics this week. Hold me.
Wait, no, hold my comics.
Wait, they're mostly digital, so you can't hold them.
Hold me.

Detective Comics #935-953: Sooooo the Victim Syndicate kinda sucked. Not really any two ways about that. The core concept (group of "baddies" who were only villains because they got caught in the crosshairs) was cool, but they weren't used that well and the story they used them in wasn't really anything to write home about. Also, the First Victim's mask should've been expressionless or had a fixed expression or something. Just didn't look very good. I also didn't really find Spoiler's turn to be particularly compelling? Like, I get why, the character motives line up (more or less), but calling out the necessity of costumed heroes in a world where the Joker and all the rest exist independent of Batman is kinda dumb. Also, questioning the fundamental underpinnings of the setting without a simple and sound counter argument in the text is sort of a no-go on a meta level.

The League of Shadows tho, damn. This is spooky stuff. Shiva is a badass and creepy as hell. I am a little confused about how Clayface got beaten by punching and slicing but I'll allow it, it's appropriately creepy. Excited to see how it goes. Basically the entire team is totally incapacitated by this point with no real prospect at recovery. Curious to see how they finagle their way out of this one barring Deus Ex Machina.

Has anyone else noticed that Tynion's sort of turning Bats into a Failure Knight? Dude keeps getting his ass kicked, getting one-upped, having his plans fail and his competence and usefulness questioned, all that.

Sandfox

Waid Wondercon F-5‏ @MarkWaid 4m4 minutes ago

It is to David Gabriel's enormous credit that he somehow chooses, every day, not to put his fist through Jude Terror's smug-ass face.
Well then.

VanWinkle

Finished Darth Vader OHC Vol. 1. It was excellent. The art by Larocca was somewhat hit or miss but mostly pretty great. I wasn't too sold on the series in the first four or five issues honestly, going right in after Star Wars OHC Vol. 1 but I really ended up loving it by the end of the 12 issues. Looking forward to Vader OHC Vol. 2 with Vader Down.

Top Bottom