• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What gems are trapped on last generation? (PS360)

Sonic Unleashed, sorry not-sorry. Yes, even the Werehog levels. Some of the later moves you learn make WereSonic incredibly versatile, and he becomes a lot of fun to play. Honestly, the big thing holding those stages back is the framerate choking on his fur shaders, so I think the game in general would benefit from a modern port.

Luminaire

Nothing but hearts to all of you saying Resonance of Fate. PC/current gen port would make me very happy.

I'd like to see the ICO / Shadow of the Colossus collection on PS4. Bundle it with Last Guardian at retail for $50-60.

-hadouken

bourgeois said:
Mostly remasters.
- Tekken Tag Tournament HD (stuck in that crappy Tekken Hybrid package.) (PS3)

Technically not stuck cause its BC on Xbox One.
When correcting others, it helps to be right. Tekken Tag HD was exclusive to the PS3. Makes an X1 BC version a bit tricky to pull off.

Hardvlade

Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid 4
NieR
Dante's Inferno
Fable II
Marvel vs. CAPCOM 2
Marvel vs. CAPCOM: Origins
Turtles in Time Re:Shelled (It wasn't great, but I'd love to have it)
Tales of Vesperia
El Chavo Kart (Mario Kart Clone, obscure, great game though!)

CJCW

I recently had the urge to play one of the Skate games and was shocked to find that not one of them had a PC port. Get on that, EA.

REDSLATE

Gaming isn't the only media where things get trapped in old formats. At least gaming has emulation to help a bit. Eventually that will allow the vast majority of games to be played on a single machine. It just takes a while to catch up.

It's actually kinda the opposite. Most other forms of media can be replicated in a modern format (pictures can be scanned, music can be ripped, movies can be captured, etc...). Games are unique in that they typically rely on a physical architecture. They're interactive, thus the construct that operates them must be compatible. Emulation isn't an inevitability; instead, it's often the only way to play a game in a modern format, and it's by no means perfect.

You may need a VCR to play an old tape, but once you've recorded it and copied it over to a digital medium, you're likely good to go for several decades. The movie only plays one way. Nothing is really lost in the transition (depending on the recording method, there may be a slight drop in quality, but that's it). Games don't have this luxury (well, maybe some FMV-type games could utilize a similar recording method).

The only one that bothers me is Resonance of Fate, and many people have listed it. I pretty much tracked down and played the majority of that generation(or have access to them thru BC or PC). RoF always seemed interesting. It does seem like a good possibility for eventual PC port though, so I'm not too worried. Lost Odyssey was my previous desire and that one recently came to XB1, and it seemed like more of a long shot to me.

dadjumper

Oh yes, E.X. Troopers was fun and I enjoyed the character design immensely. It's been a long time we had a capcom game with colors lIke that. I had the 3ds version and enjoyed my time with it. Has anyone tried it on Citra?
It's great! Honestly, I don't think anyone's tried at all. I have a cart I could dump, I should really try that.

Man, I bought the game, but I haven't played it. I also can't read Japanese, but I should give it a shot.
You should! I have a friend that played through the whole thing without knowing a lick of Japanese, it seems fine!

Love the LP series, I bought that one, but never got around to playing it. How does it compare the original trilogy?

Couldn't tell you, I played the demos for each of the LP games and hated them. EX Troopers is pretty different, I guess?

SirNinja

latest
latest

There needs to be a PS4 version of these games yesterday.

EDIT: Ico/SotC Collection and Okami HD, in case the images didn't show up

Cracklox

For me, Dragon's Crown

Now, on the Wii U, well, almost every game that not Mario Kart 8. Specially Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Yeah, Dragons Crown a good one. I feel like playing it now but it and my ps3, are in storage. Cool game that I didn't give enough time to

Freeman76

Trials HD and Trials Evolution.

Those were fucking classic. I spent longer on those games than probably any other games.

Then Ubisoft consumed Redlynx and we now have Trials Fusion which is dumbed down bullshit.

daninthemix

All the stuff re-released or resurrected like Bangai-O HD.

Why not release that stuff on a platform that will last, like Steam?

wbEMX

3D Dot Game Heroes
Nier
Demon's Souls
Ni no Kuni

Also, on the Wii U front:
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Hyrule Warriors

I know, this thread is about 7th gen, but Wii U is technically last-gen now, so bring on the Switch versions. :p

Dragons crown

Unfortunately the lag during end-content stopped my journey on the ps vita

Its my favorit game from last gen really hoping for a port or sequel

But seems like vanillaware is up to different things

KingBroly

Banned
Red Dead Redemption

Almost every Wii game from Nintendo

Burnout Paradise

Tales of Vesperia

MGS HD Collection

Sonic Generations

Raitaro

Some games I'd like to see on PS4 especially (as I don't own a PC anymore):

- Nier (keep to your promise Yoko Taro san pretty please; Automata is selling quite well!)
- Folklore + Majin: The Forsaken Kingdom
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (HD version)
- Darkstalkers (HD version)
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (HD version, now completely delisted...)
- Red Dead Redemption (not counting Xbox One BC)
- El Shaddai
- Demon's Souls (a full remaster would be preferable perhaps)
- Jet Set Radio (the HD version + the never remastered Future please)
- Outrun 2 / 2006 (the HD version was delisted + missing EU tracks please)
- Tokyo Jungle
- Trash Panic
- The Puppeteer
- Sin & Punishment 2
- Punch Out! (Wii)
- Wii Sports Resort (why oh why did Nintendo only HD-ify the original on Wii U...?)

I really hope that backwards compatibility will yet again become a common feature going forward as I hate having to wait until publishers decide to bless us with a re-release or remaster of an old favorite game, which with regards to obscure or underrated games is never really certain or even likely.

Seeing previously, often miraculously released remasters of old favorites get stuck yet again on a previous gen is heartbreaking as well. I really want to be able to take those with me going forward as they are often the type of games that I want to fire up again every once in a while without having to connect old hardware (if they even work still, unlike my PS3). If only games were treated and appreciated like many movies where they continue to be appreciated and re-released on new formats to satisfy a continued demand.

(While not on-topic, I'm personally hoping for quite a few Wii U to Switch ports as well, especially of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe kind that essnetially create an ultimate version that stimulates even more people to try it out.)

Grief.exe

Now that Vanquish, Bayonetta, and Dragons Dogma have PC versions, two of the most perplexing admissions are The Darkness and Red Dead.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
It's such a shame Demon Souls is lost to time. I can't play it since my PS3 has a broken disc drive so it's gone to me forever.

Also, 3D Dot Heroes was really fun and it's a shame that can't get some sort of PC release.

Trials HD and Trials Evolution.

Those were fucking classic. I spent longer on those games than probably any other games.

Then Ubisoft consumed Redlynx and we now have Trials Fusion which is dumbed down bullshit.

Been waiting for evolution for ages. Got HD and fusion just need the best 1 to arrive.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Speaking of Zone of the Enders HD, did it ever get a physical print with all the patches, or is the version on all the disks still the crappy broken one? It would suck to have the disk and then not be able to get the patch in a few years.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I came here to support OP and his wife in their love of Magic Orbz.

Top Bottom