• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Really? Is that through the Xbox app then? I’ll have to look into this further.

Game DVR was in Windows 10 from start, Game mode came with an update last March I think.

You can edit Game DVR's settings in the Xbox App (and after the Fall Creative Update coming tomorrow it will be in System Settings then Games).

You can enable background capture (it works like on Xbox One and Shadowplay) or record what you want.

You can even record non-game apps by enabling the game bar in any app with the Win+G keys.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I have a favor to ask to anyone who has access to the forza forums and can post there....

There's a few guys over on the Forza FFb thread that is in severe pain because they can't use their DD OSW wheel to play Forza 7. They keep asking if anyone knows of any possible to way to play the game with their DD wheels. I am extremely frustrated because I want to respond and help them, but I can't sign into the forums at all for some strange reason and I'm not banned. Here's the thread:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst105351_OSW-wheel-no-FFB.aspx

And another thread:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...etting-there--needs-a-little-more-oven.aspx?=

Can one of you PLEASE go in those threads, and simply post a link to this thread as well as *THIS ONE* and let them know there *IS* a solution, I'd appreciate it. I'll be happy to help them answer questions regarding GIMX.

Navigating through the menus still feels sloppy (in-game it's fine). Small delays and micro-stuttering. Also, a confirmed memory leak when you want to tune/adjust your car (not by me, but by someone from the official forums).

They need to fix this. It seems CPU related instead of GPU related.

xrnzaaas

What's concerning is that guys from Turn 10 seem to be dead silent since the last (first) patch. I sure hope they're working on a bigger one. The game is nowhere near in terms of bugs and lack of polish to something like Project CARS 2 but I feel like there's more of them this time around (I'm talking about the Xbox situation, on PC you get more things to worry about ;)).

Hawk269

What's concerning is that guys from Turn 10 seem to be dead silent since the last (first) patch. I sure hope they're working on a bigger one. The game is nowhere near in terms of bugs and lack of polish to something like Project CARS 2 but I feel like there's more of them this time around (I'm talking about the Xbox situation, on PC you get more things to worry about ;)).

I hope they address issues, but I can say with a fact that people from Turn 10 look at this thread. I don't want to mention the person's name, but someone from Turn 10 sent me a PM about the on-line audio issues I am having. For some reason, using my 7.1 audio system when playing on-line, every once in a while the audio would drop to a much lower level, even when my car was only in view (in front and behind) the volume level would be find, but randomly it turns down for a bit then goes back up to normal.

Anyways, I posted that sometime last week and I got a PM from a T10 team asking me for specific information in regards to my issue. I think a dev or a member of the dev to do that is a good sign.

I am not saying they are perfect and I have been buying these games since the first Forza MS on the OG Xbox and I know they have not been always on top of things to fix, but hopefully they are listening and things get addressed. For me, I appreciated that person taking the time to ask about it.

Fox Mulder

After 30 laps of nurburgring, I can really zip this f1 car around like it's a slot car.

I really wish they had the standard red, green, purple lap time displayed instead of black numbers in a blue box.

Wiped89

Bought the game today after deciding GT Sport won't be for me (so few cars and no real single player? No thanks).

I have really enjoyed it so far. Played about 4 hours. At first I found the handling super heavy and I was overshooting all the corners, but coming from Horizon 3 I think I needed to readjust to sim handling for the first few hours. I'm starting to get decent.

I love the number of cars and tracks and SP races. This feels like the Gran Turismo 7 I wanted in many ways.

I had some fun with the mods actually, bought one crate and got the perfect turns mod and nailed it each time. I think they do add some variety. But it also feels a bit tacky and money-grabby too, like the game is trying to make you spend real money (I haven't ever spent money on loot boxes and don't intend to).

Graphically it's very impressive on sunny or sunset tracks and the HDR is good. I think F1 2017 has it beat for rain though (but that is PS4 Pro tbf).

Enjoying it overall so far on first impressions.

GHG

VIR is a good time trial/track day circuit because of the amount of variety it has (elevation changes and corner types). It's actually a fun track when there are no other cars around.

Having said that, it's a horrible circuit to race on because of how narrow it is in most places. Pair that with aggressive AI and yeh, it's a disaster, especially in wet weather conditions.

Fox Mulder

VIR is a good time trial/track day circuit because of the amount of variety it has (elevation changes and corner types). It's actually a fun track when there are no other cars around.

Having said that, it's a horrible circuit to race on because of how narrow it is in most places. Pair that with aggressive AI and yeh, it's a disaster, especially in wet weather conditions.

I just haven't spent much time with VIR. When it does pop up in f7 career, it's often the apocalypse storm and you start in 12th or whatever.

I didn't appreciate Bathurst either until I did an endurance race on pcars and got a fun flow going.

GHG

I just haven't spent much time with VIR. When it does pop up in f7 career, it's often the apocalypse storm and you start in 12th or whatever.

I didn't appreciate Bathurst either until I did an endurance race on pcars and got a fun flow going.

Yeh until you do an endurance race (or spend a few hours time trialing) it's difficult to get an appreciation for some of these more technical unforgiving tracks.

To drive hard on tracks like Bathhurst/VIR you really need to know them well because there is very little margin for error and a lot of the corners are completely blind.

Gestault

VIR is one of my favorite tracks, but sort of the same way something like Sakitto in the Project Cars career absolutely BLOWS when they give you two laps with F1-style cars against homicidal AI, you need a lot of laps in a real race event to appreciate VIR competitively. There's more nuance than you'd expect (both VIR and Sakitto).

Ugh, just found that the McLaren 570S is absent. Did they model ANY new cars for this game? It really does feel like they left a lot out to sell as DLC and it's making me mad.

GHG

Nah, VIR is great... on the other hand, Dubai... cant tell you how much I hate that track.

Dubai regular is ok as are some of the short varieties but the reverse version of full track is just badly thought out.

Ugh, just found that the McLaren 570S is absent. Did they model ANY new cars for this game? It really does feel like they left a lot out to sell as DLC and it's making me mad.

Of course they did. It's standard practice now.

R8TEDM3

I'd like to share a few pic's from Pc ver. with you guys.

23893986178_9d43fda4b5_k.jpg

36955679444_17af923cb5_k.jpg

37389287180_aa9600f76d_k.jpg

36995276753_8bc674d2cf_k.jpg

36955702134_f0da1af4cb_k.jpg

37714852302_c8ca6c3188_k.jpg

Fox Mulder

Just finished 50 laps of nurburgring in the renault f1 car. I thought doing it in 5 hours would be great, but the car is insane and takes crazy concentration. The unbeatable AI blows on this track. I was doing lap times ten seconds faster than them.

Got 3.5 million and 26 levels. Even got the Ferrari 641 as a level reward.

xrnzaaas

Not having the 720S in the game is a bigger deal imo, but yeah, they pretty much transferred DLC cars from Horizon 3 (that way we got cars like the new NSX, Aston Martin DB11 or BMW i8) and haven't made any new ones for the premiere of Forza 7. :/

Not having the 720S in the game is a bigger deal imo, but yeah, they pretty much transferred DLC cars from Horizon 3 (that way we got cars like the new NSX, Aston Martin DB11 or BMW i8) and haven't made any new ones for the premiere of Forza 7. :/

Well I already knew the 720 didn't make it, but the 570 is an older car so there's no excuse for that omission.

xrnzaaas

Well I already knew the 720 didn't make it, but the 570 is an older car so there's no excuse for that omission.

Scratch my last post, it turns out that 570S is actually in the game:

mclaren_570s65rf0.png

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/t...-track-list-wip-updated-september-29th.40704/
http://forza.wikia.com/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_7/Cars

It's just among the cars you can't buy from the dealership. It will probably appear in the specialty dealer at some point (or maybe, you know, you should open some loot boxes ;)).

xrnzaaas

It may be as simple as a car that turns up in a Forzathon.

All of these methods have the same thing in common - you have to be playing regularly or at least follow the news on the game so you won't miss out on the opportunity. It's not annoying if you just play with the cars you earn via normal progression, it can be annoying if you have that one favorite car and you can't buy it despite it being included in the game.

MaLDo

After the problems I had with the install and being unable to play the game after finally installing it, I created a new guest account in my windows, and that user can start and play the game. O_O

It's really inconvenient to change the user before playing the game so I'm trying to find what can I do to fix the game in my main account.

I tried everything. My problem is that when I reach the "Press enter to start" screen, I press enter key, a new green windows pops with XBOX|windows 10 .... text, and it closes in 3 seconds to return at the "Press enter to start" screen. No way to go after it.

What I need is something to break the link between the game license and my main user account. Tried "restore" the forza 7 app, the xbox app, uninstalling both, and a few powershell commands to re-validate the current licenses list. But no luck at the moment.

Why the game works in a different windows account but not in my main?

Wiped89

Sorry, I should've been more specific, it's just the lack of new cars I was talking about being annoying.

Are there really not many new cars?

Forza 6's description on the box says 'over 450 cars'. Forza 7's description says 'over 700 cars'. Is the difference just all the Forza 6 DLC cars and new Horizon 3 cars?

Bought a 1,500,000 credit car I didn't want from Car Collection menu because I was viewing many car thumbnails and I hit "buy" button by accident. Damn it, I'm so mad right now, it feels like I just erased all my money which is already hard to come by in this game. Crappy UI design right there, too easy to accidentally buy cars, I bet I'm not the only one to have this happen.

Top Bottom