• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 & Yakuza 2 Simultaneous Livestream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DQg-J4fUQAEAf8Y.jpg

panel-95455653-image-b62288b4-0139-49d4-804a-78e2f69255ec

Kiwami 2 has arrived! Follow my twitch channel for a simultaneous Let's Play of Kiwami 2 and the original Yakuza 2 :

I'll do my best to translate and narrate some of the dialogue. I'll also be completing all sidequests in Kiwami 2 and side activities. Let's have fun!

YouTube links: I've decided to upload my in-depth livestreams of both Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2 on my YouTube channel.

Highlights from my livestreams:

Chapter 1

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
I hope it's better than Kiwami. Kiwami was a big disappointment for me after the masterpiece that was 0. But it made up for it with Battle Bugs :)

Dunki

I hope it's better than Kiwami. Kiwami was a big disappointment for me after the masterpiece that was 0. But it made up for it with Battle Bugs :)

Kiwami 2 has FMV Gravure shootings XD

But yes Kiwami felt a bit low key. Kiwami 2 uses the Yakuza 6 Engine so this alone should give this game the edge. Also Majima playable

I loved the Ishin/Zero/Kiwami 1 engine used in Yakuza Kiwami. The combat and the superb framerate was remarkable. I'm still getting used to the Dragon engine!

BANGS

Banned
Kiwami 2 has FMV Gravure shootings XD

But yes Kiwami felt a bit low key. Kiwami 2 uses the Yakuza 6 Engine so this alone should give this game the edge. Also Majima playable

Very cool. I'm trying to play them in order and without a ps3 that's kinda tough right now... I've only played zero and kiwami...

Dunki

Very cool. I'm trying to play them in order and without a ps3 that's kinda tough right now... I've only played zero and kiwami...

Oh than guess you want to play also the terrible US Version of Yakuza 3. This was probably the worst one in the series for me because of the censorship and cuts from the western Version. Here I would suggest just to rush through the main story.

BANGS

Banned
Oh than guess you want to play also the terrible US Version of Yakuza 3. This was probably the worst one in the series for me because of the censorship and cuts from the western Version. Here I would suggest just to rush through the main story.

That's a shame, I'm hoping 3-5 get rereleased on PS4 so I can even attempt to play them. Also would be nice if they took out the censorship you speak of. How bad was it really?

stn

Great stuff, OP. Lucky you can understand Japanese, I'm still hoping it comes out West.

Great stuff, OP. Lucky you can understand Japanese, I'm still hoping it comes out West.

Thanks man! Please do follow the channel! Even if you don't get a chance to see my streams live, you can always check the archives!

We are live! I'll be playing both Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2 simultaneously once again. I will translate and narrate the dialogue to the best of my abilities and will complete all activitires, sidequests, coin lockers etc. :

https://www.twitch.tv/theelecplay

Ubername

Banned
Yakuza 2 is great. Love it so much. It's more of an improvement of 1 with diff story but still it is so good, first as an action game and second as a pulpy soap opera.

So, people didn't like Kiwami, though? Don't have a PS4 so I didn't play it.

Yakuza 2 is great. Love it so much. It's more of an improvement of 1 with diff story but still it is so good, first as an action game and second as a pulpy soap opera.

So, people didn't like Kiwami, though? Don't have a PS4 so I didn't play it.

Hey Kiwami 2's great! You can check out my livestream right now! I've translated all the dialogues and story elements to the best of my abillity.

Luck has nothing to do with learning Japanese. I started in my late twenties and I did it with self study.

on topic: I haven't bought kiwami 2 yet but I am currently replaying the series to do the stuff I skipped the first time around.

Ubername

Banned
Luck has nothing to do with learning Japanese. I started in my late twenties and I did it with self study.

on topic: I haven't bought kiwami 2 yet but I am currently replaying the series to do the stuff I skipped the first time around.

What did you miss in the first 2? I tried playing it again bc I had such a great time with it but jeez it is not a good game for replay value. Really unforgiving if you miss some key event. Esp if you want to fight the Amon family which I never was able to reach

Watched some of an earlier cast from kiwami 2 . Good stuff ark

Same here. It's all a matter of intense study and playing Japanese video games along with those dictionaries. Localizations of some Japanese import games also help too!

What did you miss in the first 2? I tried playing it again bc I had such a great time with it but jeez it is not a good game for replay value. Really unforgiving if you miss some key event. Esp if you want to fight the Amon family which I never was able to reach

Appreciate it, Ubername!

Please join my livestream in just 15 minutes for the completion of Chapter 2's substories and the continuation of our inevitable meeting with 'The Dragon of Kansai'. Once again, I'll be doing a simultaneous Let's play of the original Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2.

I skipped some side quests because I was already at max level and I didn't do the hostess stuff because I didn't get 500万円 for the trophy. There is no premium adventure in 1 HD without resetting all your money and quest progress so I am stuck with Haruka and her silent disaproval of any adult stuff I do. You lose trust for leaving her behind to do massages and etc. So now I need to hit 20 homeruns and get 3000 pachinko beads in one sitting to get SSS so I don't need to care anymore. Not sure if its worth it. The hostesses are different from kiwami so there is that I guess.

Thinking of moving on to 2 HD or kenzan. I didnt get the 80 sidequest trophy for 2 so there should be a lot left over. Kenzan I am close to maxing if I recall correctly.

SolidSmiech

Neo Member
Seriously great stuff, Ark!

I'll dip in and out a bit as you continue to simultaneously make your way through both versions of Yakuza 2 (which is seriously a great idea), but I'm going to try and restrain myself as much as I can since Yakuza 2 is somehow the last localized Yakuza I've yet to properly play through and I want to experience it fresh when we hopefully get Kiwami 2!

I'm definitely going to give into temptation a few times, though; your quality on the fly translation while walking us through the games is the best we'll get short of a proper localization treatment.

I skipped some side quests because I was already at max level and I didn't do the hostess stuff because I didn't get 500万円 for the trophy. There is no premium adventure in 1 HD without resetting all your money and quest progress so I am stuck with Haruka and her silent disaproval of any adult stuff I do. You lose trust for leaving her behind to do massages and etc. So now I need to hit 20 homeruns and get 3000 pachinko beads in one sitting to get SSS so I don't need to care anymore. Not sure if its worth it. The hostesses are different from kiwami so there is that I guess.

Thinking of moving on to 2 HD or kenzan. I didnt get the 80 sidequest trophy for 2 so there should be a lot left over. Kenzan I am close to maxing if I recall correctly.

That's understandable! Although I personally loved RGG 1's/Kiwami's story, I prefer the improvements and refinements they made in RGG 2/Yakuza 2!

Seriously great stuff, Ark!

I'll dip in and out a bit as you continue to simultaneously make your way through both versions of Yakuza 2 (which is seriously a great idea), but I'm going to try and restrain myself as much as I can since Yakuza 2 is somehow the last localized Yakuza I've yet to properly play through and I want to experience it fresh when we hopefully get Kiwami 2!

I'm definitely going to give into temptation a few times, though; your quality on the fly translation while walking us through the games is the best we'll get short of a proper localization treatment.

Hey thanks for checking out some of my streams, Solid and no worries about restraining yourself! I plan on doing Hokuto ga Gotoku when it's out.

Appreciate those who joined the stream. Here is the archived stream from earlier for those that missed: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208649865

Mooreberg

Is this likely to get a US release late next year or in 2019? I'm finally playing Yakuza 0 now. I got a trophy for taking more than fifteen minutes to bring cooked octopus to a woman
who was a sex slave of the Korean mafia and went blind from the trauma.

Consistently the most amazing game franchise ever.

Is this likely to get a US release late next year or in 2019? I'm finally playing Yakuza 0 now. I got a trophy for taking more than fifteen minutes to bring cooked octopus to a woman
who was a sex slave of the Korean mafia and went blind from the trauma.

Consistently the most amazing game franchise ever.

Well fans were hoping for an announcement during this year's PS Experience but unfortunately, we didn't get the localization announcement for Kiwami 2. SEGA have said on their livestreams that 2018 will be a good year for Yakuza fans. So perhaps we may see a Kiwami 2 announcement eventually but they're focusing on The Song of Life.

Once again, I'll be doing a simultaneous Let's play of the original Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2 comparing and contrasting both games. Please join my livestream in just 10 minutes as we start Chapter 4 featuring a fan-favorite character; Karou Sayama!

custom701bfb45a14b86b0-320x180.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209196217

For those that missed the simulatenous livestream of Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 2, we took an injured Karou Sayama to the bar, Aoi and completed most of Chapter 4's substories. Substories in chapter 4 can be completed before heading back to Aoi.

Tune next time as we continue with Chapter 4 and learn more about the new Club Sunshine Management minigame!

Once again, I'll be doing a simultaneous Let's play of the original Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2 comparing and contrasting both games. Please join my livestream in just 10 minutes as we return to Aoi in Soutenbori to see how Sayama is doing and our first introduction to the Cabaret Club GP side activity.

custom3c4c2eb7866127aa-320x180.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209466712

In this simulatenous livestream of Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2, Kiryu returns to Aoi and we discover that the bullet which was used by the assailant was not meant to kill but to intimidate Kiryu. Sayama tells Kiryu to find an informant in a padded vest in the mahjong parlor with a series of questions about the rates he offers. Plot twists unfold!

decisions

I cannot fucking BELIEVE they changed
the Crazy Ken Band song that plays during the ending sequence

Upon localization announcement I will start a campaign to fix it. I mean come on all I wanted from this whole thing was the best ending in videogame history with better graphics.

thumb1-320x180.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209659064

For those that missed my simulatenous livestream of Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2, we are introduced to the all new Nightlife Island - originally featured in Yakuza Zero. I explain briefly how it all works, how to increase the fanbase within the vicinity as well as translate the menus.

We will continue the Nightlife Island Side activity in the next livestream!

Thanks for streaming this! I hope more folks tune it. These streams are really well done and informative.

Appreciate you joining my livestreams, the hillsilent ( I keep calling you thesilenthill by mistake; my bad)

Please join my livestream in a few minutes as I'll be doing a simultaneous Let's play of the original Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2 comparing and contrasting both games. We'll be continuing the Nightlife Island minigame with the second Platinum Hostess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom