• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - NO MORE NAZIS [New Gameplay Trailer]

Great to see all of you guys being so confident about those stuff not affecting the release of this game. I didn't follow those events too much (since I don't live in US) so judging by the EZA discussion I was worried that it may had a big impact and would force Bethesda to move the release of this game to a later date.

Just look at Bethesda's marketing for the game. They're leaning into it because they know there's no better time than now for its release. Just look at this from one of their dev docs

wolfensteinv6sl4.png

wolfenstein1hzs9c.png

Sotha_Sil

It's crazy how Bethesda's output has made me forget about every other publisher. Prey, Evil Within 2, Dishonored Death of the Outsider, Wolfenstein TNC, and TESO Morrowind. Hell of a year.

Joffy

Neo Member
Looks awesome. Loved the first one, eager to play this.

Planning to wait a while though, particularly since the season pass was confirmed. Mario Odyssey's out the same day so I'll probably hang in there for the inevitable complete version next year.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Cool, I will be sure to pick it up when it releases on the Switch next year and in the mean time I can play the first game on PS4.

I've been sold on this game since the start, and it just keeps looking better. I like the ramped-up humor and I hope that juxtaposed music makes it into the game itself.

Timeaisis

Cannot wait.

The game paints the Nazis as sociopathic monsters in every facet and your only major form of interacting with them is killing them in all manner of violent fashions. The game hardly paints them in any kind of sympathetic light and glorifies their murder to absurd extents.

These aren't some present-day alt-right neo nazis. These are WWII-era, third reich, "let's commit mass genocide" big N Nazis. I don't see how one needs to tread lightly with being sympathetic here. When their two goals are world domination and ethnic cleansing, it draws a pretty hard "bad guy" line.

Damn that looks so good.

Any details about the season pass? Tempted to pick it up but in my experience most of the stuff released within season passes aren't all that great

lcap

Damn that looks so good.

Any details about the season pass? Tempted to pick it up but in my experience most of the stuff released within season passes aren't all that great

Here you go, fam. Looks like could be great additions, like The Old Blood.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4KgYy6Fd2gEOeumkGekwgy/wolfenstein-ii-the-freedom-chronicles-season-pass-and-pre-order

Wolfenstein II – The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass & Pre-order
The time has come to once again refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Nazis have overrun the world, and while BJ Blazkowicz is busy igniting a new revolution in America, other freedom fighters are waging war on their own fronts. Soon you can step into the brave soles of a former football player, an assassin and an Army captain, and battle to restore the soul of America in Wolfenstein II: The Freedom Chronicles. Starring a trio of larger-than-life heroes, The Freedom Chronicles includes three DLC packs:

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe – As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!
The Diaries of Agent Silent Death – As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!
The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins – As the US Army’s renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!

If anything I'm expecting butt hurt coming out of the Alt Right and associated groups. The game even has Nazis mirroring modern day talking points that you always hear about respecting their rights and bull shit like that. Of course BJ don't care and will brutally take them down either way.
Just look at Bethesda's marketing for the game. They're leaning into it because they know there's no better time than now for its release. Just look at this from one of their dev docs

wolfensteinv6sl4.png

wolfenstein1hzs9c.png
Thanks guys. Now I feel a lot more confident in the October release date.

Can't wait to kill some Nazis as BJ!

CHC

Looks so amazing. I bought it quite a ways back at this point, so all the marketing is just gravy for me.

I have a sort of inordinate distaste for "rubble city" levels in games though, so hopefully there's not too, too much of that. New Order had a great selection of locales.

joe2187

Banned
You can mix and match duel wield guns....one of the features I wanted in the last game.

Cant wait to kill me some damn nazis.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The EZA discussion about how it might not be the right time for a Nazi related game to come out after the stuff that happened a while back.
I can't think of a better time for the Nazi hating spirit of America to make a comeback.

Gameplay looks amazing!

I still need to play Doom and the first Wolfenstein game.

I wonder how bad Pewdiepie's army will review bomb this game XD

CHC

Going through New Order and enjoying it.

Is Old Blood worth getting?

100%. Make no mistake - it's not quite as good as the New Order, but if it came first, people would have applauded the direction and then said New Order improved on the formula, if that makes sense. Still worth playing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wolfenstein1hzs9c.png

Those are the eyes of a killer.

hotcyder

Slightly off topic - but anyone else find the locked 30 fps cutscenes in Wolfenstien a little jarring - considering how sharp the 60fps gameplay looks?

I assume they're all pre-rendered video - but I'm sure they could have tweaked them to match the game. I dunno.

Slightly off topic - but anyone else find the locked 30 fps cutscenes in Wolfenstien a little jarring - considering how sharp the 60fps gameplay looks?

I assume they're all pre-rendered video - but I'm sure they could have tweaked them to match the game. I dunno.

were they 30 locked in the First ?

hopefully the Hair is fixed before launch

Neptonic

60fps prerendered videos would be huge

Plum

Already got this pre-ordered on PS4. I do have one doubt about this game... how am I possibly going to decide between Mario Odyssey and this in what to play first?

T.O.P

Banned
This is the Doom Engine right? cannot wait for this game and it will hopefully run like a charm as well :D

Ha! That trailer was great, looking forward to it a lot, loved New Order and Old Blood.

Funny, I don't like Bethesda as a developer their games are jank messes but the stuff they publish from their other studios like Prey, Dishonoured and Wolfenstein are freaking brilliant.

Plum

This is the Doom Engine right? cannot wait for this game and it will hopefully run like a charm as well :D

Yeah it's the DOOM engine, or the latest iteration of idTech. I can't see this being anything other than a locked 60fps on PS4/X1; Bethesda/Machine Games are getting this running on Switch, after all.

Top Bottom