• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (PC) - New interviews, details, artwork/screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Lots of undue bitching in this thread. If you're that scared of this port, just go buy the awesome PS3 version like everyone else.

Until then, deal with it, and be glad you're getting this wonderful game at all.

Does the Master Race have to act so entitled?

We don't have to act like it because we ARE entitled by virtue of having spent $2500 setting up an amazing supercomputer that makes PS3 cry itself to sleep at night while it urinates furiously on itself and whacks off at the same time.

The game looks and plays like deep fried ass compared to what it could be on a PC.

The Hermit

Lots of undue bitching in this thread. If you're that scared of this port, just go buy the awesome PS3 version like everyone else.

Until then, deal with it, and be glad you're getting this wonderful game at all.

Does the Master Race have to act so entitled?

the funny part that this "shity port" is exactly like the PS3, with fixed framerate.

I guess I don't belong to the master race like I though :(

Glass Rebel

Really want to know how the people calling PC gamers entitled would react if this was a Wii game coming to their HD platform...

It is an absolutely marvelous game. That's what makes the notion of a shoddy port so unfortunate. It should have been the ultimate version of the game.

I'm aware of that. It's no excuse though.

Edit: yeah this thread just went over the edge.

Zeliard

I'm aware of that. It's no excuse though.

Of course not, but it's understandable that some out there will still be fine with the experience. It's not going to be any worse than the console versions - outside of GFWL implementation, of course - and those were still great games. It's just a shame that it doesn't seem to take advantage of the PC's substantial technical strengths over the console platforms.

Eusis

How was the PS3 version awesome?
Both the PS3 and 360 were equal I believe, but I do think the Dual Shock 3 is a better fit, mainly by merit of L1/R1 to attack versus LB/RB. Not that I've tried on a 360 controller yet, but I definitely wouldn't want to use bumpers in a primary fashion like that. Also a better D-pad for switching items and I think the PS3 controller's a little more comfortable for using "the claw" on it, using my index finger to hold down O as I keep my thumb on the camera stick while dashing.
We don't have to act like it because we ARE entitled by virtue of having spent $2500 setting up an amazing supercomputer that makes PS3 cry itself to sleep at night while it urinates furiously on itself and whacks off at the same time.

The game looks and plays like deep fried ass compared to what it could be on a PC.
And this, partially at least, can even justify the "entitled" angle. People blow a lot of money on computer gear for higher performance, and want to have that shown when possible. You can't expect every game to run godly, but at the very least deliberately aiming for platform parity to the extreme of even locking resolution IS NOT A GOOD FUCKING IDEA.

Both the PS3 and 360 were equal I believe, but I do think the Dual Shock 3 is a better fit, mainly by merit of L1/R1 to attack versus LB/RB. Not that I've tried on a 360 controller yet, but I definitely wouldn't want to use bumpers in a primary fashion like that. Also a better D-pad for switching items and I think the PS3 controller's a little more comfortable for using "the claw" on it, using my index finger to hold down O as I keep my thumb on the camera stick while dashing.

And this, partially at least, can even justify the "entitled" angle. People blow a lot of money on computer gear for higher performance, and want to have that shown when possible. You can't expect every game to run godly, but at the very least deliberately aiming for platform parity IS NOT A GOOD IDEA in this extreme of a manner.

That didn't answer my question at all...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Well I wonder, are there any PC gamers here who are interested in playing this disgusting shit ass port because they heard it's good and have yet to play it? There seems to be a absence of any interest at all.

Or were a majority of the 92k signatures on that petition from people wanting to run the game (again, understandably) on a technically superior platform.

Maedhros

then why did you guys beg?

Because I want to play the game on a platform I own?

I'm sure the resolutions will not end being fixed. The framerate probably will though, but I don't care, if it runs better than the console version.

K/m support is kinda of a bummer, but I have a controller and I will play with it.

My biggest problem is with the GFWL. Even if the game ends being locked on 720p and 30FPS, I intend to buy.

I honestly will still get this.

I care far more about the new content (which will come to consoles undoubtedly but still) and the ability to play co-op with my brother without having to buy a 2nd PS3. I always planned to play it with a gamepad (because keyboard/mouse for this kind of game is wrong IMO), and never cared about mods.

Sure it is a letdown that we won't be seeing this game at 60 FPS with better visuals, but the moment we found out From was doing the port themselves and not outsourcing it, I never expected it to be a technical marvel because From is inexperienced with PC as a platform. Honestly I'm just happy they're making the attempt to learn PC because to me that shows they value it as a choice for their future titles. It's not like they can go from making console only games to being CD Projekt RED overnight.

Swifty

Well I wonder, are there any PC gamers here who are interested in playing this shit ass port because they heard it's good and have yet to play it?

Or were a majority of the 92k signatures on that petition from people wanting to run the game (again, understandably) on a technically superior platform.
Why are those two mutually exclusive? Why should it be?

Alex

then why did you guys beg?

Who the fuck are you talking to? Him and his 100k friends? is he going to dial them up?

What he probably meant is the performance on the platform, Dark Souls runs like shit, even compared to Demons Souls, on both platforms. ~20 FPS with drops Wasn't awesome on the n64 and it's not awesome now.

A solid 30 is fine with me though, and someone will crack the resolution even if Namco really is this stupid.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why are those two mutually exclusive? Why should it be?

They aren't and shouldn't be, I'm just curious if anyone here who has a PC and neither of the two consoles the game was released on is interested in playing the game despite the reported restrictions.

Both? People want a game they've heard great things about on a platform they own, and they naturally expect it to be technically superior.

Huh? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why should I support companies by paying full price for a terrible effort they put into a game to make a quick grab of cash? There have been other games I haven't bought or bought at bargin bin because it was such a shit port. Why must I support their effort when they won't even support their own game?

Yes, I understand, but what I'm asking is if despite the technical performance not being as good as it could be, if anyone is interested in playing the game for the game itself.

Zeliard

Well I wonder, are there any PC gamers here who are interested in playing this disgusting shit ass port because they heard it's good and have yet to play it? There seems to be a absence of any interest at all.

Both? People want a game they've heard great things about on a platform they own, and they naturally expect it to be technically superior.

Teknoman

Well I wonder, are there any PC gamers here who are interested in playing this shit ass port because they heard it's good and have yet to play it?

Honestly, i'm glad for the new content, but i'd be cool with just playing Dark Souls at whatever resolution I want, and with an unlocked framerate.

In a world where Sonic Generations runs at 60 fps and has decent graphic options on PC without any major glitches, i'd hope Dark Souls could do the same.

Emitan

What does he even mean with "limited support" for keyboard and mouse? Considering how clueless he is, I doubt he meant 1-10 hotkeys for items or something.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
This is mental.

Most of the loudest supporters of the PC petition already own the console version (myself included) the whole fucking point of it was that we all wanted to see the game on a platform that doesn't restrict it on a technical level.

This is like asking for a Bluray edition of a film already out on DVD and then getting a simple rip of the DVD burned onto a BRD.

lolz ,yeah Pretty much.

Already shaping up to be a bad PC port... no thanks if this is how the final product will end up being. Bamco/From Software don't seem to get it.

Japanese developers and publishers (aside from Capcom) still have no clue about PC, it's really sad.

What does he even mean with "limited support" for keyboard and mouse? Considering how clueless he is, I doubt he meant 1-10 hotkeys for items or something.

seeing how stupid things are going with the port so far I guess they will let us use arrow keys instead of WASD and non inverted mouse and no option to change them.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So many entitled "PC master race" people in here not realizing they're being given a gift.

Zzoram

I'll wait until reviews/impressions.

I could live with 30fps, but they better support PC resolutions properly and not just stretch a 720p image into a blurry mess.

I already beat the game twice on PS3, I only want to play it on PC if it looks better and runs more smoothly.

Huh? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why should I support companies by paying full price for a terrible effort they put into a game to make a quick grab of cash? There have been other games I haven't bought or bought at bargin bin because it was such a shit port. Why must I support their effort when they won't even support their own game?

Aselith

Who the fuck are you talking to? Him and his 100k friends? is he going to dial them up?

What he probably meant is the performance on the platform, Dark Souls runs like shit, even compared to Demons Souls, on both platforms. ~20 FPS with drops Wasn't awesome on the n64 and it's not awesome now.

A solid 30 is fine with me though, and someone will crack the resolution even if Namco really is this stupid.

The big problem with simply cracking the resolution is that it will scale everything and consequently, the various menu items will be fucking tiny. Go play a version Baldur's Gate with resolution modded to 1920x1080 if you want to see. Illegible doesn't even do it justice.

Emitan

So many entitled "PC master race" people in here not realizing they're being given a gift.

So if 360 and PS3 got a Wii game ported that was running at 480p horribly scaled and with a bad framerate people would call it a gift?

Zeliard

Probably not much in the way of binding and things like that.

Ubisoft came out recently and said that gamepad was the ideal controller for AC3, and that it wouldn't feature much in the way of kb/m support. In that case they meant that it's intended to be played with gamepad for the best experience, but the AC games still feature decent kb/m support regardless.

Dunno if Miyazaki meant something similar there, or if it will truly feature very dire kb/m support. I'm inclined to think the latter given everything else.

The game still costs money to buy, guy.

Teknoman

lolz ,yeah Pretty much.

Japanese developers and publishers (aside from Capcom) still have no clue about PC, it's really sad.

Hey Sega.

Not really. PC gamers were "gifted" the Oddboxx, and the Strangers Wrath/Munch's Odyssey port arrived pretty busted. Even the CEO said he had no idea PC players wanted multiple selectable resolutions, unlocked framerates, true widescreen, and so forth.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415067&highlight=oddworld+strangers+wrath&page=2

Seriously, just read through it...everyone is still waiting for the HD assets to hit the PC version, and i'm not sure if Munch works properly now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

FYZLN.gif

So then don't buy it, geez. Namco isn't forcing any of you. You guys just bitch and cry and then say you're going to buy it anyway. Yeah, that'll show them...

"Namco, you guys did a fucking terrible job. This is a worthless product. Here, take my money."

Glass Rebel

Of course not, but it's understandable that some out there will still be fine with the experience. It's not going to be any worse than the console versions - outside of GFWL implementation, of course - and those were still great games. It's just a shame that it doesn't seem to take advantage of the PC's substantial technical strengths over the console platforms.

I agree but the same goes for PC gamers taking an opposite stance. As a proponent of voting with your dollar I say let people buy what they want, hell, I might even buy it myself.

There were some posters at the beginning piling on Orayn because he said he was still gonna support it but now the console people have turned it around calling everyone who doesn't want to buy a presumably shoddy port "entitled". I have really no idea why though, people get stupid when it comes to their favourite games, they feel offended whatever.

I mean, just look at this worthless post:

H_Prestige said:
So then don't buy it, geez. Namco isn't forcing any of you. You guys just bitch and cry and then say you're going to buy it anyway. Yeah, that'll show them...

"Namco, you guys did a fucking terrible job. This is a worthless product. Here, take my money."

Teknoman

If they do buy it, and it sucks, then i'm sure Amazon, Steam, and whoever else will get flooded with refund requests.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Then they worry they will never a Souls on the PC again. So damned both ways.

linko9

Yeah, seems like he's got no idea what's going on... whatevs. I'm certainly buying the game, even if it ends up being identical in every way to the PS3 version but with added content. And if the multiplayer's broken, I'll just play offline. But I might not buy day 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom