• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 1.04 Patch Notes - [Patch 1.05 Has Been Released On 360/PS3 U.S. & 360 EU]

I'm really, really going to need someone to tell me whether Moonlight Sword got nerfed or not. I'm going to be a sad individual if it did.

elty

From that pyro video

1.03 Great Combustion = 1.04 Great Combustion w/ Dusk Crown
1.03 Great Combustion w/ Dusk Crown = 1.04 Great Combustion w/ Dusk Crown + Ring

Seems to be around 20% nerf

With Iron Flesh against Silver Knight, now it seems to take at least 3-4 times more damage.

Raide

worldrevolution said:
Holiday here in Japan tomorrow so perfect timing to get in a big play session tonight. Finally rang the second bell last week so off to Sen's we go!

Does a Dark Souls Marathon fit in well with Culture Day? :p I would play Dark Souls but my Xbox is back in the UK, along with the game I pre-ordered when it came out. :D

Having BBQ instead.

duckroll

Jonsoncao said:
-Dusk crown nerfed
-Gwyndolin mask nerfed
-magic buff ring nerfed
-iron flesh nerfed

That's not what the comparison is about at all. Well other than Iron Flesh being totally useless now. Lol.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, awesome, awesome

Iron Flesh being nerfed is bad, bad, bad

purg3

slept with Malkin
wow, looking at the armor change log, a lot of shit got nerfed hard.

poor gold hemmed set...

Jonsoncao

Banned
duckroll said:
That's not what the comparison is about at all. Well other than Iron Flesh being totally useless now. Lol.
Well it is a quantitative assessment of the nerfing, but you got the idea.

duckroll

Jonsoncao said:
Well it is a quantitative assessment of the nerfing, but you got the idea.

I think the most important nerf there is is the actual Pyromancy Flame nerf itself. Because of the 40% magic adjust nerf on the +5 ascended flame, it affects everything else on the high end of the calculation scale (plus buffs).

Iron Flesh though, just got plain ruined. Totally worthless now. :/

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Defuser said:
What did they nerf on Iron Flesh? Duration? or the amount of damage reduced?

Damage reduction, looks like from that Youtube video. 1.04 guy takes a lot more damage per hit than 1.03 guy.

That site that shows the 1.04 changes is down (guessing they got bumrushed and their server couldn't take it), anybody have the changes to Ornstein's Armor? I use that on my character and was hoping it would get buffed, just wanna know how much now.

About Iron Flesh: Yeah, the DEF got nerfed to high hell. All you get is Poise and moving really slow now. Basically, it's useless.

Defuser

ixix said:
Damage reduction, looks like from that Youtube video. 1.04 guy takes a lot more damage per hit than 1.03 guy.
That sucks, Iron flesh help a shit ton of people get through 4 Kings especially on NG+.

Riposte

purg3 said:
wow, looking at the armor change log, a lot of shit got nerfed hard.

poor gold hemmed set...

I am happy with a lot of these nerfs. Some of the equipment really contributed to making the game a little too easy later on.

so have these changes now gone TOO far in the other direction?

I think im going to glitch one last time offline to get the things i want then update the patch...sucks about the crystal ring shield but lets see how this all pans out.

BeeDog

Not nure how I like most of these changes. Am just glad I managed to platinum the game the other day, lulz.

Iron Flesh should have only taken a 5-10% nerf. The video shows a pretty big nerf. The Four Kings borderline cheap the way how that boss fight goes. Take into account the spell and attacks the Four Kings does.

Actually in my first playthrough, I didn't use Iron Flesh. however NG+, it was pretty much a necessity.

Defuser

Cloudius12 said:
Iron Flesh should have only taken a 5-10% nerf. The video shows a pretty big nerf. The Four Kings borderline cheap the way how that boss fight goes. Take into account the spell and attacks the Four Kings does.

Actually in my first playthrough, I didn't use Iron Flesh. however NG+, it was pretty much a necessity.
Especially when your ring equip is occupied by the stupid abyss ring limiting you to one ring slot left.

Ill Saint

knitoe said:
Obvious, From Software didn't test their game. Way too many nerfs.
It's not a simple game, From are not exactly a huge studio with massive resources, and a lot of these changes came from user feedback. Give them some credit.

Haunted

Defuser said:
Especially when your ring equip is occupied by the stupid abyss ring limiting you to one ring slot left.
Now I'm wondering... what happens when you unequip the Abyss Ring after jumping in, but before defeating 4kings? During the fight.

Defuser

Ill Saint said:
It's not a simple game, From are not exactly a huge studio with massive resources, and a lot of these changes came from user feedback. Give them some credit.
Did people actually complained about Iron Flesh? Or From just took noticed how people just cheese their way through bosses?

Haunted said:
What happens when you unequip the Abyss ring during the fight?
You fall to your death. After defeating 4 kings,you can walk around the abyss without the ring.

Haunted said:
Now I'm wondering... what happens when you unequip the Abyss Ring after jumping in, but before defeating 4kings? During the fight.

I think you're able to stay there even if you remove the ring. I remember warping back to the Abyss without the ring and I didn't fall to my death or anything. Not positive on this though.

BeeDog

I just hope someone can compile up an updated list of the armor sets. Too much nerfing up in this bitch.

And I also feel burned now that you can buy Twinkling Titanite; I busted my ass off killing all lizards during my runs. Either way, does the Darkroot Garden farming still work?

Dresden

Four Kings ng+ is going to be hell. My sorceror squeaked by on it, can't imagine what a non-iron-fleshed melee is going to do.

TP

StickSoldier said:
I think it keeps you there actually. I remember warping back to the Abyss without the ring and I didn't fall to my death or anything.

I took it off after I landed
I was sucked into the abyss and died

You don't need the ring after you beat the boss

Aeana said:
I want to hear about the moonlight great sword with high INT.

Moonlight Sword got buffed, S scaling on anything past + 1. :D

I'm happy.

Dresden said:
Four Kings ng+ is going to be hell. My sorceror squeaked by on it, can't imagine what a non-iron-fleshed melee is going to do.

My brother (AlphaDragoon) did it in Ornstein's with a Wolf Ring and an Iaito + 15 with no spells whatsoever. It's ridiculously hard, but possible.

Zeliard said:
Does the Moonlight Sword in Dark Souls cut through shields like the one in Demon's?

No, sadly it does not. That ability would be absurdly useful in PvE in this game since everybody and their fucking dog had shields that you can't break guard on even though all they have to do is hit you and your stamina will go out.

Defuser

BeeDog said:
I just hope someone can compile up an updated list of the armor sets. Too much nerfing up in this bitch.

And I also feel burned now that you can buy Twinkling Titanite; I busted my ass off killing all lizards during my runs. Either way, does the Darkroot Garden farming still work?
Is it even possible to patch the AI?

Haunted

Defuser said:
You fall to your death. After defeating 4 kings,you can walk around the abyss without the ring.
meh.

I need to have Havel's Ring on permanently to even move around properly. Really limits the options during the boss fight.

We should be able to equip 10 rings anyway. :mad:

Welp, think I'm going to have to do four kings in my ng+ before the patch hits. It seems I got to work on some different shields and armour as well. Some interesting changes there. Crystal Ring Shield change is hilarious.

ironcreed

Banned
Haunted said:
wait what?? say it ain't so. ;_;

That was my favorite set in the game as well. Oh well, glad I beat it. Can't say I am looking forward to a lot of these changes when I decide to fire it up again one day.

sleepykyo

BeeDog said:
Not nure how I like most of these changes. Am just glad I managed to platinum the game the other day, lulz.
Ditto. 4 actually 5 Kings without Iron Flesh is going to be a nightmare .

Zeliard said:
Does the Moonlight Sword in Dark Souls cut through shields like the one in Demon's?

Nope. Which sucks, but it still does damage through most shields because it's pure magic damage.

Not seeing any buffs on Ornstein's Armor on that website with the patch update, like someone was saying. But maybe they haven't updated everything yet, I don't know.

BeeDog

sleepykyo said:
Ditto. 4 actually 5 Kings without Iron Flesh is going to be a nightmare .

I don't understand why people need to rely on Iron Flesh for that boss. Even on NG+, his attacks deal minimal damage if you hug his body. You just have to watch out for the grab and magic attacks like usual.

BeeDog said:
I don't understand why people need to rely on Iron Flesh for that boss. Even on NG+, his attacks deal minimal damage if you hug his body. You just have to watch out for the grab and magic attacks like usual.

Depends on your build and equipment really. Some will struggle more than others.

ixix

Dresden said:

My sorc did it on NG+ without Iron Flesh. I summoned Beatrice to distract them, then got into a pattern of casting Crystal Homing Soulmass at range, running in until it fired off, then rolling away and casting it again. It really wasn't all that bad. I used about 6 or 7 Estus Flasks total. Should be doable post-patch even with the sorcery nerf.

One thing that might have helped was taking off the Dusk Crown in favor of
Gwyndolin's zany mask
, which reduced my damage output a bit but which doesn't increase received magic damage.

Edit: ha ha, just realized I totally misread your post. Oh well. It's still decent advice.

BeeDog

Air Zombie Meat said:
Depends on your build and equipment really. Some will struggle more than others.

Well, I guess. Either way, the boss might become ultra-hard after this patch, since they've changed so much shit up. I used my Fire Zweihander on him in NG+, but I hope they haven't reduced its damage output...

JVIDICAN

me and a friend were going to do a new game ++ co-op speed run for sunlight medals and a few other things. Definitely need to do that before this patch makes 4kings and bed of chaos ++ impossible. :p

Defuser

BeeDog said:
Considering your weapons except spells/pyro does pitiful damage against them,it's the matter of endurance and you're bound to screw up somewhere if it drags too long not to mention they will gang up on you.

sixghost

JVIDICAN said:
me and a friend were going to do a new game ++ co-op speed run for sunlight medals and a few other things. Definitely need to do that before this patch makes 4kings and bed of chaos ++ impossible. :p
I can't imagine the 4kings would be that hard on NG+ with 2 people. Unless you are severely underleveled or just have weird builds, 2x the damage should wreck them.

ixix

sixghost said:
I can't imagine the 4kings would be that hard on NG+ with 2 people. Unless you are severely underleveled or just have weird builds, 2x the damage should wreck them.

Even just using Beatrice takes a lot of the pressure off. She usually winds up dead and she can actually screw up the jump and die before the boss spawns from time to time, but just having a second target to draw their attacks is a huge help.

JVIDICAN

sixghost said:
Double + man! ;_;
lol. I'm scurred.

maomaoIYP

The bonus encumbrance is changed gear stats means I'd have to plan my gear from scratch again. At least if farming for slabs is really easier now it won't be that painful.

_Xenon_

Banned
So how is the framerate now? Some place used to be kind of unplayable, what about it now?

And they nerfed a bunch of equipments but didn't touch anything to the enemies? I guess they are probably cooking that $15 easy mode DLC right now. Well that makes sense.

Top Bottom