• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

wamberz1

Fairy Tail END
zHPiW6Q.jpg

Usobuko

Banned
I recommend Bokutachi ga Yarimashita for anyone who is drawn to Minoru Furuya ( Ciguatera, Himizu ) and Naoki Yamamoto ( Arigatou, Dance till Tomorrow, Believers ) stuff.

Similar artstyle and the same kind of schadenfreude except shit hits the fan fairly quickly within 7 chapters. Just enjoy the rollercoaster ride because you have no idea how the un-redeemable characters going to fix this.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've been bugging Seven Seas in their monthly survey for it, I'm sorta giving up on the idea it's ever going to happen at this point though.
The last chapters anyone put out were last year. I'd have thought the anime would push that along but nope.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean in fairness at least one couple happened. The one random one we already knew about because they said it out loud.

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san 1 - 14

Story about a girl named Koizumi who seems to only care about ramen, and not making friends, despite great efforts by her classmate Yuu. Though I'd say ramen is the main focus of this.

Danberu nan kiro moteru? 25

Its always just super buff dudes that hang out at the gym. Also, Machio must spend a lot on clothes seeing how they explode when he flexes.

How do you guys feel about The Ancient Magus Bride being adapted into a anime?

Looking at the PV I would never have guessed it would get a high budget adaptation because it looks beautiful. It looks like they got the world and atmosphere down.

When I first read the manga I asked myself how would it convert into a anime. I mean the art is beautiful so I thought it would never get close. Oh boy if its as consistent as the PV its gonna be damn good.

Jay RaR

Fairy Tail END

I'm free, I'm free!

After a JRPG-style bs friendship attack, every good guy/gal gets a happy ending.

Even if Lucy and Natsu aren't a thing, their friendship is as clear as day. Seems at the end, nothing has changed after Lucy joins the guild.

Zweizer

Banned
Strawberry Fields Once Again ch2

Her love seems pretty genuine, but the biggest question remains as to whether she actually came from the future or not.

Don't listen to her. These stamps will make your wallet cry.

Beastars ch43

Things are going fast for Legosi, though he opened with one hell of a mood killer.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch31

Chloe saved the day.

How do you guys feel about The Ancient Magus Bride being adapted into a anime?

Looking at the PV I would never have guessed it would get a high budget adaptation because it looks beautiful. It looks like they got the world and atmosphere down.

When I first read the manga I asked myself how would it convert into a anime. I mean the art is beautiful so I thought it would never get close. Oh boy if its as consistent as the PV its gonna be damn good.

You didnt watch the ovas?

CDiggity

Fairy Tail END

You know what? I can respect a series so up it's own ass about friendship ending with it's implied main romance being friendzoned.

That said, Mashima really needs to grow a spine for his next work because otherwise it's always going to be wasted potential. Or he can embrace the meme and go full R-18 because it would certainly help minimize the weaknesses shown in long-form manga writing while maximizing his...um...artistic strengths.

Defuser

Fairy Tail END
Garbage ending to a garbage series. I hope Mashima's next work would be in the same vein as Rave Master instead of Fairy shit.

dramatis

June 2017 Recommendation: Midnight Secretary

Supernatural romance | 7 volumes, Completed work, Licensed in English
Kaya Satozuka prides herself on being an excellent secretary and a consummate professional, so she doesn't even bat an eye when she's reassigned to the office of her company’s difficult director, Kyohei Touma. He's as prickly—and hot—as rumors paint him, but Kaya is unfazed...until she discovers that he's a vampire!! (source)
hipbabboom: I said i liked this but i really really enjoyed... so much so that i got bombed out it was about to end

Fairy Tail END

You know what? I can respect a series so up it's own ass about friendship ending with it's implied main romance being friendzoned.

That said, Mashima really needs to grow a spine for his next work because otherwise it's always going to be wasted potential. Or he can embrace the meme and go full R-18 because it would certainly help minimize the weaknesses shown in long-form manga writing while maximizing his...um...artistic strengths.
The worst part is that I'd understand if he had done this before but then I remember Rave Master's ending which was pretty much solely dedicated to giving closure to the main pairing.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Seven Deadly Sins "Being calm and composed is a privilege of the mighty." AAAAAAAAAAGH ESCANOR WHY ARE YOU SO COOL!?!?!?!? Also wow I was not expecting some good reaction faces this chapter......

Fairy Tail END You know what? Not a bad chapter, going out on them all being goofy seems like the right call because Fairy Tail has always been its strongest when--*Mavis and Big Bad show up as reincarnation* THIS IS SOOOOOOO FUCKING DUMB! This is the problem with Fairy Tail at its heart. Even when it gets a bit of loveable charm there is something to either fuck it up or make it creepy. Have no interest in the writer's future work. The man is clearly a hack.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fairy Tail

And so it's over. Honestly not a bad ending BUT with how bad the series got it's overall just meh.

Echoing what some people are saying and hoping he does something more like Rave. Maybe I imagined it but I swear I read he wanted to do something more lighthearted and loose after Rave so maybe he can now go back to it and tighten up the story.

I feel like he's in a great position now with nobody dying and friendship winning the day to have in his next series to start off like that then throw in some nice twist to fuck our days up.

But who am I kidding, the next series will have even more tits and ass. He's established this is who he is, just man go full board don't try to deny your pervy nature. It's the half assing that makes it worse.

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail

I assume Acnologia is also still alive and joins Fairy Tail right

Angry Grimace

They did the same with Nisekoi, calling it "Nisekoi: False Love"
It's a weird recent trend too. They never referred to Hikaru no Go as "Hikaru no Go: The Go of Hikaru" or something

What's the deal with the colons? Even Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To is being re-named "Kaguya-sama: Love is War"

Strawberry Fields Once Again ch.2
Even if she doesn't want a relationship (even if it's determined in the future supposing that claim is true), having a friend to be snarky with is still a step up.

Biohazard the Toon
Something I discovered in the past week is that apparently Capcom's Japanese website has had a 4Koma going for more than a year that is based on Resident Evil. Specifically with gags based on the juxtaposition of the game's horror themes and the way serious RE players actually play the games (like reloading weapons in the inventory screen, assuming enemies are just patiently standing in place until they're done). The last several ones have been focused on 7, but there's quite a few based on RE0 and 4. With a little bit from 5 and 6. Though the more interesting aspect is how the text is all in English so there's no need to translate. Rather, in another nod to Resident Evil, the text is English but there are translations on the side in Japanese, mimicking how the games have always had English voices even in Japan.

Pretty fun diversion with just the 30+ strips available, though the creator seems to upload them whenever there's a new one ready so it's not something I see myself trying to follow seriously. It's fun to look at if you're an RE fan though, or at least have an appreciation for it's game play style and inherent goofiness.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's the deal with the colons? Even Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed To is being re-named "Kaguya-sama: Love is War"

It's supposed to be a subtitle I guess? Like Captain America: Civil War.

One Piece: The Pirate King
Bleach: Reapers of Death
Naruto: Shippuden

petran79

Banned
I think I'll skip Made in Abyss. Reason I avoided posting in the anime thread

Browsed the manga a little and seing cute children in tense, torturing and violent situations is not for me....not anymore

I think I'll skip Made in Abyss. Reason I avoided posting in the anime thread

Browsed the manga a little and seing cute children in tense, torturing and violent situations is not for me....not anymore

It does get really, really dark in some parts... made even me a little uneasy.

Slutty Bitch VS Young Virgin Futanari by Kasuga Mayu is pretty good, and The Desire For The Older Sister Experience by Michiking is short but fun. If you crave something a bit more risqué, Rebis' Meikyuu Oujo to 3-nin no Mama: NatsuComi Kaijou Shousasshitsuki Set features some good over-the-top curves and as is often the case, futanari action. There's also Q's Phallic Girls 5 which was recently released, but it requires some prior knowledge of the Dulce Report series.

This one is more for Arc, but if you're alright with Kancolle doujinshi, Kiseijijitsu no Tsukurikata and Kyouizon toiu Na no Ai no Katachi by Usubeniya are pretty good at depicting some good yandere faces, especially the latter with an unequal abusive relationship thrown in the mix.

For the very weird, Naho-Machine! by Zakkin is worth a read, though it's probably going to raise all your eyebrows, lol.

Finally read all these. Last few where a bit odd though. xD

Goodnight Punpun 1-12

Morbidly fascinating is probably the best way to describe this so far. Another series I just kind of bought on a whim since I heard some good things about it.

Top Bottom