• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain this to me? I get that it's a line spoken in that last episode, but why is it so funny to everyone/meme status?

The commentary track on that particular episode revealed that that line was not part of the script. Rather, it was an ad-lib that was inadvertently left in the final cut - making it somewhat of a special line for fans.
Edit: Beaten like Sansa.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can someone explain this to me? I get that it's a line spoken in that last episode, but why is it so funny to everyone/meme status?
Because it wasn't supposed to be in the show and nobody caught it. They talk about it during the audio commentary.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Because it wasn't supposed to be in the show and nobody caught it. They talk about it during the audio commentary.

Also, he interjects when they're not even talking about Renly at that point. They were talking about Stannis. It's like the guy is half paying attention to the conversation and was like, "Did someone mention a Baratheon? RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!"

Jarmel

Banned
So how are they going to adapt AFFC and ADWD? Didn't they say they were going chronologically? Also would they need three seasons or could they condense it to two?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The commentary track on that particular episode revealed that that line was not part of the script. Rather, it was an ad-lib that was inadvertently left in the final cut - making it somewhat of a special line for fans.
Edit: Beaten like Sansa.

It's an interesting piece of trivia but like most other memes it's not actually very humorous and was certainly run into the ground pretty quickly.

Famassu

So how are they going to adapt AFFC and ADWD? Didn't they say they were going chronologically? Also would they need three seasons or could they condense it to two?
They are obviously going to combine them for at least two seasons. They've said numerous times that this isn't an adaptation of the books, it's an adaptation of the whole A Song of Ice and Fire, so they don't really think about it in a "Season 3 will be ASOS part 1, Season 4 will be ASOS part 2, Season 5 will be AFFC" way, though the seasons might start at end roughly at the same points as the books (but contain some storylines from future or past books).

Snake

Is there a list of movies/tv shows with multiple GoT cast members in them? I know a few other combinations have been mentioned, but I can't remember them off hand.
Just to add:
The Masterpiece Classic version of Great Expectations that just aired on PBS had both Viserys Targaryen (Harry Lloyd) and King Robert (Mark Addy) in prominent roles. Unfortunately, the Usurper never shares a scene with Westeros' most golden King.

Between Gendry and Gilly we've got two of the actors from the TV show Skins on Game of Thrones. I'd love to see Cook's actor get in on this(CoK)
as Ramsay Bolton lol

apana

I have to say she hasn't been mentioned much this season but Michelle Fairley is doing an incredible job as Catelyn. I liked her scene with Robb, both her and Maise should get nominated in the actress categories come awards season.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's a remarkable amount of black text from this thread tonight, gentlemen. Fine work. :)

I did a rewatch of The Night Lands tonight. The Arya-Gendry-Hot Pie-Lommy scene at the river is pure gold. Hot Pie is hilarious.

A couple potentially gif-able moments if Plywood has the time/interest:
- Bronn's smile when they arrest Janos Slynt
- Arya shoving Gendry
- Theon's "I bet you can" and look at Yara
- Balon ripping the necklace/cloak off Theon
Didn't catch your post til' now, will definitely get to it later today.

Micerider

I have to say she hasn't been mentioned much this season but Michelle Fairley is doing an incredible job as Catelyn. I liked her scene with Robb, both her and Maise should get nominated in the actress categories come awards season.

Yeah, This is one of the characters that got better in the series than in the books for me. Can't wait to see her down south, we need to see more Renly too (I hated him in Season 1, but I've been positively surprised by his new "appearance" in the few shots from trailers).

Socreges

Banned
Cornballer should just be a mod at this point.

The mod in the North!
ibtkeFBHdgEXdm.gif

DeSo

Banned
Couldn't agree more, I've loved her portrayal.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Catelyn's portrayal on the show has been one of my favourite parts about the series.

I still have my own version of, say, Tyrion in my mind (despite Dinklage's awesome take on it), but Catelyn has almost been completely over-taken by Fairley. The actor who plays Tywin did the same thing for his character.

I would be way into a fighting game. There are so many potential characters with their own style!

Funny how I've never really considered it before, usually a fantasy series screams RPG but a fighting game almost makes more sense for ASOIAF.

agrajag

Banned
I would be way into a fighting game. There are so many potential characters with their own style!

Funny how I've never really considered it before, usually a fantasy series screams RPG but a fighting game almost makes more sense for ASOIAF.

Fuck yeah. Syrio Forel vs. Gregor Clegane!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Or a Sim-City like kingdom manager. Sim Thrones. Sim Westeros, Something like that.

Puddles

Banned
Ideal first game roster:

Ned Stark (Ice)
Robb Stark (Longsword)
Arya Stark (Needle)
Jon Snow (Longclaw)
Robert Baratheon (War Hammer)
Joffrey Baratheon (Lion's Paw)
Jaime Lannister (Longsword)
Sandor Clegane (Broadsword)
Gregor Clegane (Biggest Broadsword)
Syrio Forrel (Rapier)
Khal Drogo (Arakh)
Loras Tyrell (lance)

Later games could have:

Oberyn Martell (spear)
Brienne (broadsword)
Rorge (huge battle axe)
Victarion (whichever weapons, I forget)
Asha Greyjoy (smaller axe)

Pollux

Ideal first game roster:

Ned Stark (Ice)
Robb Stark (Longsword)
Arya Stark (Needle)
Jon Snow (Longclaw)
Syrio Forrel (Rapier)
Khal Drogo (Arakh)
Loras Tyrell (lance)

Later games could have:

Oberyn Martell (spear)
Brienne (broadsword)
Rorge (huge battle axe)

Tyrion (Bronn)

agrajag

Banned
Ideal first game roster:

Ned Stark (Ice)
Robb Stark (Longsword)
Arya Stark (Needle)
Jon Snow (Longclaw)
Syrio Forrel (Rapier)
Khal Drogo (Arakh)
Loras Tyrell (lance)

Later games could have:

Oberyn Martell (spear)
Brienne (broadsword)
Rorge (huge battle axe)

I would remove Arya and Joffrey. THey shouldn't be anywhere near competetive with any of the other fighters. I'd include
Biter, Mance Rayder, and maybe a troll or something

Puddles

Banned
I would remove Arya and Joffrey. THey shouldn't be anywhere near competetive with any of the other fighters. I'd include

(series)
They could go with Book 5 Arya

Joffrey would be a joke character, obviously. Or maybe he could come on as a special attack for another character.

bengraven

Tyrion (Bronn)

More like the other way around. Or have Tyrion on Bronn's shoulders like in Revenge of Death Adder or Thunderdome. ha]

Arya could hold her own. Give her Needle and some stealth moves and she'd be good. Joff can't fight, though.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
An ASOIAF fighting game should be as "realistic" as Bushido Blade to mimic the reality of the series.

...also I just want another Bushido Blade. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom