• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

SleazyC

PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE....

Tornado of Souls... that solo is going to be ridiculous and I would love Neversoft if this was one track that actually made it into the game. The other tracks there are also amazing.

GavinGT said:
The Aerosmith version of Guitar Hero won't have DLC, iirc.

I meant for world tour, probably Janie got a gun and crazy plus one other. Of course you couldn't expect GH Aerosmith to have all the Aerosmith songs you want. Just like if buy the metallica album for GH3 you'll have to buy it again for world tour.

I AM JOHN! said:
Why the fuck would you want to buy Death Magnetic for either game? Has the world collectively forgotten about St. Anger?

PErsonally I don't. Just pointing out the milking of releasing for GH3 before WT comes out to make people double dip

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I AM JOHN! said:
Why the fuck would you want to buy Death Magnetic for either game? Has the world collectively forgotten about St. Anger?

we want to believe....im giving it some hope since rick rubin is on board, but even that makes it iffy.

The Innocent X said:
PErsonally I don't. Just pointing out the milking of releasing for GH3 before WT comes out to make people double dip
I get that, but what's the point, dude? We've known that Activision were a bunch of detestable dicks the minute they started demanding that Harmonix pay them to have Guitar Hero controllers work in Rock Band for PS3 and signing artists exclusively for their
inferior
product.

awesomeneogaflogo.png

GavinGT

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
Why the fuck would you want to buy Death Magnetic for either game? Has the world collectively forgotten about the past 10 years?

Fixed. Seriously new Metallica sucks.

duffey

I AM JOHN! said:
Well if they truly are going back to their Master of Puppets ways then I'm excited, but I'm seriously doubting it at this point. I'll take Testament over them right now.

Cronen

I told myself that I wouldn't get GHWT. If this setlist is true, and now that the game is compatible with RB, I may have to!

schild

TheExodu5 said:
You're delusional if you think GH3 has better charts than GH2.

Hit or miss really. They were certainly better than any guitar in Rock Band. And really, GH2 only SHINED (like a crazy diamond) on YYZ, Misirlou, Jessica and Beast and The Harlot. Yes, I'm ignoring bonus songs. Mostly because anything good was offset by the inclusion of Yes We Can. Ugh. What a terrible song - as in, the song itself.

schild

rhfb said:

I don't mind being laughed at. Some people think the original Rock Band drums were just swell, klax squares instead of circles were ok and that there were no problems with the Rock Band guitar. Those people are wrong. But then, you can look around for my thoughts on fans of the Wii also.

Kusagari

This is the greatest music setlist ever if true. I wanted to just get Rock Band 2 but if this is real, World Tour is mine day 1.

element

Pretty freaking badass if true.

Everlong
Spin the Black Circle
Comfortably Numb
One Armed Scissor
Johnny B Good
Angel of Death (woah)
Renegades of Funk
Santeria
Man is a Box
Heartbreaker
Hot for Teacher (that drum track is sick!!)

Too much mainstreamrock, not enough indie. GHIII at least had the Stone Roses.
I wouldn't mind seeing a little more indie stuff.

There's still a pack of shit in the first third.
Well I've done with GH2/3, should be able to hang in there.

Other than that PULL ME UNDER and LIGHT MY FIRE WHOOOO

immy

Banned
armubaba said:
Some of those songs are amazing. I'm not going to bring the inevitable RB2 comparisions in, but let's just say I'm real happy that the RB instruments are compatible with GH4.

Oh, and MOAR Muse plz.

yeah but should be KoD or hysteria not assassin

fresquito

There're some freaking awesome songs on that list. Some really good choices, but I really think the people behind RB and GH are too narrow minded when it comes to music. That or they have zero interest in dealing with European labels and artists because they're not interested in selling their games to Europe.

The day the make European friendly setlists, the day their products will boom in the old continent.

Come on, how comes there's ZERO Queen songs? I won't bother asking about metal legends such as Blind Guardian, Helloween or Gamma Ray...

Jethro

Wow, that list is awesome. The only thing left in Rock Band 2 for me is Jethro Tull-Aqualung.

But especially Tool, Dream Theater, Rammstein, Metallica and Maiden persuade me, to buy GH 4^^

I hope that Porcupine Tree will be in there in the future too, maybe for download.

The only real letdown is Tokio Hotel. This is no rock, it's shit.

eXistor

Some nice pop punk too: Offspring, NoFX, Blink 182. Still no Green Day though.

Chuck Berry alone makes this worth buying.

LCfiner

Jeesh. Ten entire tours before there's a single song I can get excited about. The track list really picks up from there but this list makes me think I'll be flying past those first tiers on medium to get to the good stuff.

_Angelus_

Banned
Eruption Tour:
"Beat it" by Micheal Jackson Feat. Eddie Van Halen
"Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen

I heard you missed us....we're BACK.

:D
Hope theyre in with these tunes. Please!!!

Hooker

OMG, I almost got emotional imagining playing these songs!!

Lateralus (!!)
Comfortably Numb (!!)
Pull Me Under
Toxicity
Master of Puppets (!!)
Crazy Train (!!)
Nottingham Lace
Purple Haze
Fucking Hallowed Be Thy Name (!!)

The only ones missing for me are

Holy Wars
Eruption (why call it the Eruption tour without this masterpiece)
More Dream Theater (Systematic Chaos, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Scenes From a Memory. Hell, give me Change of Seasons :D)

Fuck Rockband 2, this is a real man's tracklist!!

justchris

Argh! Why is it called the 'Undertow Tour' when it doesn't actually include Undertow!? And Where's Ænima?

On the other hand, Comfortably Numb and Johnny B. Goode are ace.

nny

"Roland" by Interpol

Undertow Tour:
"Stinkfist" by Tool
"Lateralus" by Tool
"Schism" by Tool

"Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains

"Spin the Black Circle" by Pearl Jam

"Song for the Dead" by Queens of the Stone Age

"One Armed Scissor" by At The Drive-In

fuck. :D

please be true, please be true.

Sins*

Neo Member
game looks promising, comes out same month as Rock band ONE in aus... that is if this gets released in Aus.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Weird for some reason I'd thought they'd gotten rid of those Boss Battles....

daegan said:
Now they just need to announce that it works with PS3's Rock Band instruments.
yeah, seriously. i didn't think the rock band 2 track listing would be beat but if this list is true then it takes top spot for me. pink floyd? holy shit at that. theres no way i'm buying more instruments so these guys better figure out a patch for this or activision won't get my $60.

Top Bottom