• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analyst: Nintendo downgrades Wii U production because FIRE [Nintendo says NO]

IrishNinja

oh those juniors

zChSy.jpg

haha, came for this
seriously, does PS2 still hold the crown for most troubled launch?

Miles X

I have a theory that the Wii was supposed to sell 3.2 million with wii u selling 7.3 million as that might still be faster than what the wii sold when it was released in its first five months. Using the fire as an excuse, they can downgrade the wii forecast to 2.2 million and still keep 7.3 million for Wii U, which should sell out and make it look like the wii will be supply constrained to create a self fulifilling prophecy and also make the wii forecast seem more realistic as it wont even reach its 2.2 million target, making it look like it was 2.2 million all along will look good in the end especially since it will probably just sell shy of 2 million units for the period ending march 2013.

Nintendo don't care about adjusting down or anyones opinion on that, I don't think they've hit any of their Wii targets in years. One fiscal year they adjusted down every quater.

If they expect 10.5m, expect anything under that. That said 6 - 7m is a good bet for WiiU this FY, with Wii getting 3m~

I don't think Wii is gonna hit 110m now though, if they expect only around 3m for Wii.

What I know is what everyone does so far. A non multitouch expensive tablet for a console with 2007 tech whose lineup consists mostly of ports.

I don't exactly see it as a viable contender or a viable system. I think it should sell on the Nintendo name alone but I don't see Wii levels, maybe a little bit above N64-GCN levels of sales.

Alpha Omega Sin has a nice youtube video about "sales" in the video game world you should check out. I think youll find it interesting. In fact, ill link it for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eStcSpAdodc

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
"As of now, we see no impacts on our Wii U console production scheme"

lol that quote sounds evil. "Yes this won't affect our scheme to create artificial demand by purposely lowering available supply."

Teletraan1

Banned
Always the same avatars jumping on 1 person with a disparaging Nintendo remark in every Nintendo related thread. You derail the thread by quoting that one person 100x and then claiming that the thread has gone to shit. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

klier

Always the same avatars jumping on 1 person with a disparaging Nintendo remark in every Nintendo related thread. You derail the thread by quoting that one person 100x and then claiming that the thread has gone to shit. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

LOL. You're right though, people like those are best to be completely ignored...

Top Bottom