• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

sibarraz

Banned
I feel like this game could get as boring as hearthstone super quick (At least I still found both games fun), I mean, we are still on our honeymoon phase, but I don't see playing constantly with super aggro decks and a combo deck where you really can't do anything about it being super fun.

My last runecraft match was fun for me, but my opponent must have felt like shit after I played 2 giants and 2 dimensional shifts.

The one thing that I feel that this game does better than hs at the moment, is that there is not an uber deck that had awesome matchups against almost every other deck, even watching the tier list it seems like the 3 archetypes (aggro, mid, control) have an s tier deck and that those counter pick each other.

But I'm still tired of all this circlejerk of "better than hearthstone" that I read on every single reddit when a game releases which feels more on spite of blizzard than praising the actual game. At least I'm happy to have another card game to play, specially since I love the anime style on it, and the UI is great, even though I hate that the pc client feels like a direct port of the mobile app

I feel like this game could get as boring as hearthstone super quick (At least I still found both games fun), I mean, we are still on our honeymoon phase, but I don't see playing constantly with super aggro decks and a combo deck where you really can't do anything about it being super fun.

My last runecraft match was fun for me, but my opponent must have felt like shit after I played 2 giants and 2 dimensional shifts.

The one thing that I feel that this game does better than hs at the moment, is that there is not an uber deck that had awesome matchups against almost every other deck, even watching the tier list it seems like the 3 archetypes (aggro, mid, control) have an s tier deck and that those counter pick each other.

But I'm still tired of all this circlejerk of "better than hearthstone" that I read on every single reddit when a game releases which feels more on spite of blizzard than praising the actual game. At least I'm happy to have another card game to play, specially since I love the anime style on it, and the UI is great, even though I hate that the pc client feels like a direct port of the mobile app

The "better than hearthstone" stuff is dumb. It's just different. I think I still prefer hearthstone by a large margin but draft mode at least is refreshing. The current HS meta isn't even that bad, despite being shaman dominated. I'll take that meta over a heavy face deck meta any day.

I haven't played a lot of ranked because when I tried it it was all face decks or very high cost decks. Kind of reminds me of early hearthstone once people figured out the classic meta a bit. Then seeing that runecraft deck... that honestly looks more toxic than any deck I've ever seen in hearthstone and I've been playing since closed beta. Why would they think time walk would work in a game where you can't interrupt an opponent's plays via instants or counters? If draft wasn't fun, I'd probably have moved on already. I don't like draft in hearthstone, never was a huge fan either.

Luigi87

Just downloaded this and played through the tutorial. Pretty neat.
Used 10 of my free tickets and accidentally opened all the packs at once (via Skip), which is somewhat less exciting, lol, but eh, got an animated Gold, so that's neat I guess. Only one legendary so far.

sibarraz

Banned
There are achievements that requires you to beat all the classes on elite in practice mode, each one gives 200 g, so in the end you could get 14 packs

With runecraft was easy, but the shadowcraft took me a good while (shadowcraf is the dracula from castlevania right? I confuses it with bloodcraft since both are super edgy names)

Ken

There are achievements that requires you to beat all the classes on elite in practice mode, each one gives 200 g, so in the end you could get 14 packs

With runecraft was easy, but the shadowcraft took me a good while (shadowcraf is the dracula from castlevania right? I confuses it with bloodcraft since both are super edgy names)

i was gonna say shadowcraft is the little girl but you can buy vania for bloodcraft too

but shadowcraft is luna the little girl with 2 spoopy skeletons

"Better than hearth stone" is just the new "WoW killer"... Completely pointless and almost always brought up by someone mad that blizzard nerfed their favorite play style in the original game they were complaining about.

See also Diablo killer, hunters ruined wow/hearthstone, SC1 was better, etc.

KuroNeeko

Bloodcraft uses blood, mayne. So they're all vampires.

Shadowcraft uses shadows; so you get a necro loli.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

sibarraz

Banned
So after spending 40 dollars and disenchanting lots of legendaries and 3 entire classes, I could get 3 competitive decks (Garuda HavenCraft, Runecraft Spell and Aggro Shadowcraft) I think that this game is grea to pour an initial investment ad then go on, with all the free packs one could build one competitve deck (some of them) but I want to hae at least 3 decks in everything

Aggro Shadowcraft is entertaining, but I still need to improve on it

cj_iwakura

Sheesh, that feeling of being on a win streak and thinking you have the game down, then losing like six games straight. Spellcraft has to be the toughest class special to use effectively.

sibarraz

Banned
Sheesh, that feeling of being on a win streak and thinking you have the game down, then losing like six games straight. Spellcraft has to be the toughest class special to use effectively.

I always have troubles since the mulligan phase, at times I never draw dimensional shift before spellboosting it, so I never have the chance to combo.

Mulligan is vital

Daouzin

This game makes me feel old. I started a story with Eris, I think, game seems cool.

I claimed all the rewards but have no idea how to open the boosters I got. I'm thinking I want to get as far as I can with the story decks in each story mode before I play with the deck editor and open packs.

I'm guessing the deck editor is where you open boosters?

This game makes me feel old. I started a story with Eris, I think, game seems cool.

I claimed all the rewards but have no idea how to open the boosters I got. I'm thinking I want to get as far as I can with the story decks in each story mode before I play with the deck editor and open packs.

I'm guessing the deck editor is where you open boosters?

You go to shop and use the tickets you get to buy the packs.

By the way I've been playing the game for a couple months now and am approaching AA0 in ranked. I have a pretty decent grasp on the current meta and the current decklists so if anyone is looking for some pointers as far as good lists to climb with I can point you in the right direction.

Dahbomb

Man it takes forever to rank up even with constant win streak. It's kinda silly to be on a 13 game win streak and still only get 50 bonus points for it.

Man it takes forever to rank up even with constant win streak. It's kinda silly to be on a 13 game win streak and still only get 50 bonus points for it.

If it makes you feel better there's no rank reset. (Or at least there hasn't been one the entire time I've played) Once you get that rank you'll never lose it. That being said it can kinda get a bit grindy at lower levels because everyone sucks there and they don't put up much of a fight.

At which rank does the "real meta" starts?

Also, you will always have 3 quests per day, no matter what?

You start seeing more standard decks as you rise. In the C ranks you start seeing fully built agro decks that are very cheap to make like Banner Sword, Garuda Haven, and Bat Blood. In B rank you start seeing the more expensive lists like Tempo and Purgatory Forest, as well as Dimensional Shift lists that have playsets of Merlin. A rank is pretty massive in terms of skill levels but I'm at A3 right now and aside from the occasional Antomeme or Earth Sigil list everything I play against is at least Tier 3, and even the weaker decks are usually fully built. It's more of a gradual increase in skill rather then just hitting a rank and suddenly everyone is playing optimized lists, especially since the matchmaker often pits you against people that are substantially higher or lower rank then you. (I'm 32000 now and I get matched vs 23000s all the time)

Each quest has a 21 hour timer that starts after you complete it, and once the timer is up you get another quest. Not entirely sure how the Reroll counter works but to answer your question: yes, you will always have those 3 quests.

Wow, this game has hooked me a bit. I've pulled a few good legendaries, so I've got a decentish Swordcraft deck with Otohime, Tsubaki, and Aurelia (just one copy of each, though). I just wish people would finish out a match instead of conceding when they still have 10 health and 5 cards in their hand...!

Sölf

Is there a way to remove the "Connect to another device" quest? I have no intention of doing that (and no space on my phone to install that anyway) and it takes one spot on my missions away. >_>

Sölf;222857963 said:
Is there a way to remove the "Connect to another device" quest? I have no intention of doing that (and no space on my phone to install that anyway) and it takes one spot on my missions away. >_>

Could be wrong but I believe that is for connecting your account to a Google or Facebook account so your info is backed up somewhere. You don't need to link it to a mobile version.

Ken

Could be wrong but I believe that is for connecting your account to a Google or Facebook account so your info is backed up somewhere. You don't need to link it to a mobile version.

can you do that on the steam version? i didn't see a "link account" option like there is on mobile

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have such weird Legendary luck in this game. Have 12 total so far and 4 of them are Moon Al-mi'raj, 3 normals and 1 animated. Card seems good atleast, but it's funny how often I've been getting it.

can you do that on the steam version? i didn't see a "link account" option like there is on mobile

Possibly not? I don't see it anywhere either but it would make sense because it would already be linked with Steam so they could backup your info there.

gngf123

You can't link your Steam account for sure, I tried. I'm not sure how to link my Google account though...?

There's no link option on Steam. To do it you need to device link to mobile first and then account link from there.

On the mobile client, it's next to the Device Link option in "more".

Been playing this a lot today. Still have no idea what I'm doing but I think I'm getting there. Really enjoying it so far.

It took a while but I've finally done it.

In case anyone is wondering here's my list. For those trying to go for a budget list unfortunately the decklist pretty much requires at least 2 Fortes if not 3. You can get by without Urd or Deathmist and it's doable without the playset of Dragonewt Scholar though. I would start with more Wildfangs and maybe another Dragon Warrior and maybe a Dance of Death or two if you're really short on cards.

vall03

Cautiously played Take Two since I was never a fan of Arena in Hearthstone and found the system better here. Got a pack and 70 rupies after going 3-2. Still have a lot of free Take Two tickets so I think I'll play more of it. Haven't played ranked yet since I want more cards to play with.

I also don't want to spend on packs yet since I'm saving it for Forte.

MrDoctor

just found out about a twitter campaign where they're giving away free packs based on the number of combined followers they get on their english and japanese accounts.

btw, my id is 826 052 903 if anyone has private match missions or just wants friends. been playing for a few months

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Seems like you can't do infinite Take Two (meaning your raw gold return >= the price of admission which is 150g) unless you go 5-0.

It also breaks even if you get at least 2 wins? Harder to go infinite, but you don't have to commit 2ish hours for a run. Overall, I think I still prefer this to HS arena.

sibarraz

Banned
one can do missions with friends?

Also tried playing spell runecraft on D1, there is lots of cheap aggro decks so is not a good idea, heavencraft is amazing here though

gngf123

Just built a Swordcraft deck built around Royal Banner and finished the story mode with it. Online seems to be recommending Alwida's Command but I don't have any or the funds for it so I'll have to wait for that. Have 3 sage commander for now instead which is okay i guess but looking for other ideas.

Also just got a task to win a private match. Anyone want to practice with a newcomer? Going to sleep for a bit first though.

one can do missions with friends?

Also tried playing spell runecraft on D1, there is lots of cheap aggro decks so is not a good idea, heavencraft is amazing here though

There is a couple that you can such as the one that requires you to play a private match or the evolve ones but generally no.

And yeah Agro is a lot cheaper to make and easier to pilot so it's a lot more common a lower levels. That's why Elana's Haven (Fairly cheap to make) and Control Sword (REALLY expensive) are strong at earlier levels. It balances out more at higher ranks (Although agro is still a bit overrepresented) when people generally have the cards needed to pull more expensive decks off.

Just built a Swordcraft deck built around Royal Banner and finished the story mode with it. Online seems to be recommending Alwida's Command but I don't have any or the funds for it so I'll have to wait for that. Have 3 sage commander for now instead which is okay i guess but looking for other ideas.

Rousing Step might work a bit better for agro lists as it's a fair amount cheaper which can really make a difference. That being said it only takes a couple days of packs to craft a Gold Card so it shouldn't take you long to get the playset.

CwdcbiGW8AA_pja.jpg
w-w-w-w-well -f-f-fuck you tt-t-tooo

I DIDN'T WANT TO WIN ANYWAY

Ken

Soo, what's the best newbie-friendly craft? Mobile (reroll, fewer packs) versus Steam (no reroll, more packs)?

When you link with steam you get a few more packs so it comes out pretty close to the amount of cards you get.

Aggro bloodcraft is cheap. I think swordcraft had a cheap aggro deck too?

Cautiously played Take Two since I was never a fan of Arena in Hearthstone and found the system better here. Got a pack and 70 rupies after going 3-2. Still have a lot of free Take Two tickets so I think I'll play more of it. Haven't played ranked yet since I want more cards to play with.

I also don't want to spend on packs yet since I'm saving it for Forte.

Take Two will break even with 50% win rate so it's much better investment than buying packs with gold imho.

Also if someone has trouble with Mac version then disable steam overlay.

sibarraz

Banned
Take Two is a good mode to play for free, but under no way I will pay money for it, even though is cool that you will always play 5 matches no matter what, it doesn't have the "epicness" of seeing how far will you go in Arena,

How do you link the mobile version to steam?

Generate a link on the steam version and input it into the mobile one?

If you do that, can you exploit the mobile's reroll option and gain steam's extra packs?

You generate a link code on the mobile version (after you are done rerolling), which it sends to an email you supply. Then either type or copy/paste the code on the steam version. I don't think you get steam's extra packs, but I'm not sure.

Ken

How do you link the mobile version to steam?

Generate a link on the steam version and input it into the mobile one?

If you do that, can you exploit the mobile's reroll option and gain steam's extra packs?

You generate a link code on the mobile version (after you are done rerolling), which it sends to an email you supply. Then either type or copy/paste the code on the steam version. I don't think you get steam's extra packs, but I'm not sure.

You get extra packs after linking yeah.

i also installed the shadowverse on my ipad but they only gave me 10 standard packs. i assume last month they had an extra 5 standard for something else.

Been playing Aggro bat vampire and I'm having tons of fun with it. It's crazy how good it is despite not having any legendary cards.

Nikodemos

I pulled 8 legendaries out of 44 packs (24 core 20 expansion), coming out at around 1 out of 5.5 packs which isn't bad. Unfortunately they're 1-ofs and not all of them are 'power' legendaries (Soul Stealer for one feels more like a Gold card).
Bloodcraft:
1x Soul Stealer
1x Bloody Mary

Forestcraft:
1x Rose Queen
1x Crystalia Tia

Dragoncraft:
1x Fafnir
1x Zirnitra
1x Dark Dragoon Forte

Swordcraft:
1x Alexander

I've also gotten 16 Gold cards, but again, most as 1-ofs. The only 2-of is a Timeworn Mage Levi.
Should I reroll? Seems like I pulled a decent amount of stuff, but rather spread out.

sibarraz

Banned
I want to build midrange swordcraft next, since I really like erika, but is an expensive deck, at least now I'm playing royal banner, so I have a decent deck for the class

btw, the twitter promotion ended, we should receive 5 evolved darkness packs

Top Bottom