• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Ginger Hail
Member
(11-07-2016, 12:43 PM)
Ginger Hail's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rize_21

This surely won't happen, but the translocator Sombra has, in UT 2k3/4 you could instantly kill someone with it if you teleported right in his position.
e: memory serves right! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHrDfXzkkeI

IIRC one of the devs confirmed no telefrags.
NeoRaider
Member
(11-07-2016, 12:47 PM)
NeoRaider's Avatar
Do you guys think that they will remove Symmetra from the Support category after her overhaul or that they will give her some kind of proper healing ability? I really don't look at her like she's a healer.
DevilDog
Member
(11-07-2016, 12:50 PM)
DevilDog's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeoRaider

Do you guys think that they will remove Symmetra from the Support category after her overhaul or that they will give her some kind of proper healing ability? I really don't look at her like she's a healer.

My guess is that Symmetra is going to give 50-75 shields to only one person, and they will drop as time goes on. Maybe they will make it so that symmetra has to hold E at a person to keep their shields up, like Mercy does with her healing ability.
Last edited by DevilDog; 11-07-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Fancolors
Member
(11-07-2016, 12:50 PM)
Fancolors's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeoRaider

Do you guys think that they will remove Symmetra from the Support category after her overhaul or that they will give her some kind of proper healing ability? I really don't look at her like she's a healer.

They already stated they would rather move her into another category like Defense than turn her into another healer. So idk
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 12:54 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar
How op would it be if sym can give someone cc immunity?

Maybe on a timer.

Though now that i think about it that's basically zarya.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(11-07-2016, 12:57 PM)
Data West's Avatar
I look forward most to hacking ice block and zarya's shield
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 12:58 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar
Dies hacking go through ice block?

I've learned that it basically goes through rein's shields? I thought it blocked los. I've definitely seen conflicting reports though.
Last edited by Antiwhippy; 11-07-2016 at 01:00 PM.
spiritfox
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:01 PM)
spiritfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

Torb needs a rescue ranger equivalent and he'd be ok. And maybe a dispenser.

You know, giving Torb a way to repair at range might make him less leashed to his turret.
Fancolors
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:03 PM)
Fancolors's Avatar
Torb needs a way of collecting scraps reliably and then he's good to go.
Cappa
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:07 PM)
Cappa's Avatar
Whippy needs to be nerfed.
I-hate-u
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:09 PM)
I-hate-u's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sir Griffith

Yes! Can't wait to try Somb.... Dammit no one went support.

* Picks Zen / Lucio*

Ikr?

It's like people have an allergic reaction to playing supports (and tanks)? Lucio is my most played character because it's either I play him or I lose.
WhyMe6
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:12 PM)
WhyMe6's Avatar

Originally Posted by HiiiLife

People who spam a character to try and get you to pick it, naw fuck you.

Thing is, if I'm in my 26XX match with a 30XX offensive main on my team and they're using this method to tell us they want X to go with their amazing Reaper/McCree, then I'll be their pocket anything-they-want. I've won a good number of matches pocketing awesome matchmaking errors (in my favour) on my team.
maouvin
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:16 PM)
maouvin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

nobody goes into the game thinking 'i'm gonna main support'

then responsibility hits you

I thought I'd main Mercy and I did for a while, but it's frustrating to play her on solo queue. I still mainly go support with Lucio and Zen though.

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Dies hacking go through ice block?

I've learned that it basically goes through rein's shields? I thought it blocked los. I've definitely seen conflicting reports though.

I think hacking (the right-click, not the ult) only works on targets that are susceptible to damage, so it won't work on ice block, bubbled people, Zen during ult and through Rein's/Winton's shields (Stylosa definitely said that you can't hack through Rein's shield). Just like Mei's M1, really.
But we'll find out later today I guess.

Originally Posted by Fancolors

Torb needs a way of collecting scraps reliably and then he's good to go.

He's automatically getting scrap over time on PTR, no?
Last edited by maouvin; 11-07-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Fancolors
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:23 PM)
Fancolors's Avatar

Originally Posted by maouvin

He's automatically getting scrap over time on PTR, no?

That's the main reason a lot of people were saying Torb would be part of the new meta a few weeks ago. You know, before everyone asking for Sombra nerfs.
Cappa
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:24 PM)
Cappa's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhyMe6

Thing is, if I'm in my 26XX match with a 30XX offensive main on my team and they're using this method to tell us they want X to go with their amazing Reaper/McCree, then I'll be their pocket anything-they-want. I've won a good number of matches pocketing awesome matchmaking errors (in my favour) on my team.

how do you know their SR without checking their Career profile?
Incendiary
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:25 PM)
Incendiary's Avatar
Yay! Made the wall of shame! Wait, am I supposed to be excited?

Also just got around to watching the finals from Blizzcon. Man, Russia put up a fight but South Korea schooled them.
Kor of Memory
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:29 PM)
Kor of Memory's Avatar
Went on a 9 game win streak last night.

Feels good.

RecRoulette
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:30 PM)
RecRoulette's Avatar
My comp experience: Tanks open, I get to be D.va for once

Clydefrog
momfrog
dadfrog
madfrog
(11-07-2016, 01:32 PM)
Clydefrog's Avatar

Originally Posted by RecRoulette

My comp experience: Tanks open, I get to be D.va for once

Blues1990
Member
(11-07-2016, 01:34 PM)
Blues1990's Avatar

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Nah, i love pharah but i don't think she needs the 250hp. Especially not with the mobility buff i suggested. That would just turn her into a nightmare. Mobility buff would already raise her survivability, but also raise her skill ceiling in a really fun way.

People already do it with her concussive blast but shortening the cooldown of concussive blast would make her real obnoxious to face against and i want her to be able to do it without facing a wall.

True, but I would be fine if Blizzard could implement either for the PTR. I want to have fun playing this character, gosh darn it!

Originally Posted by HiiiLife

People who spam a character to try and get you to pick it, naw fuck you.

It's just as annoying as people who say thanks when they're trying to blame us for losing

I just mite my television when that happens. Not my responsibility to listen to them beg, 'cause I ain't having any of that.

Originally Posted by barrbarr

I came into the game loving Lucio. He has such a cool design with his wall running, speed boost. Hell I love his animations and character flourishes too. The problem is when you decide to main support it can be so frustrating, when you realise that if the other team wants you dead you die. Especially in solo que when you can't call for help. In the end the best thing about learning Lucio was movement. After maining Lucio, I am a weave and dodge master now all I need to do is learn how to track my shots better.

For me flying solo, I felt obligated to play support, as the DPS & Tank roles would be taken or no one would select a Support Hero, aside from Ana. It became frustrating that my teammates will never protect me from the Roadhog's that are there for the sole purpose of silencing Lucio/Zenyatta. I politely ask the tanks to watch out for me when they can, but thyy tell me "Lucio's fast. You can outrun anyone! BTW, push the payload while I go & get a kill streak & stare at Mercy's sweet ass. Later, shorty!"

It gotten so bad, that I make it a mental thought to protect my healers and watch over them when playing Zarya. I've gotten some nice replies, telling me that they appreceated the protection. :)

With that said, I'm so glad that I can play with Whippy or the other members on this forum, as he and I rotate between support/tank, & we know that we can rely on each other to watch each other's backs. The POTG's I got when he fired Ana's dart at Reinhardt's butt. :D
Clydefrog
momfrog
dadfrog
madfrog
(11-07-2016, 01:39 PM)
Clydefrog's Avatar


Sombra can't do this to me!
DevilDog
Member
(11-07-2016, 02:03 PM)
DevilDog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clydefrog

Sombra can't do this to me!



Is it safe to have this here?
Azoor
Member
(11-07-2016, 02:05 PM)
Azoor's Avatar
I think Sombra will be the cause of so much salt that we'd turn into the dead sea.
AngryMoth
Member
(11-07-2016, 02:10 PM)
AngryMoth's Avatar
Yay new thread. Maybe if I complain enough I can make the wall of shame next time haha


Something I've been wondering, I heard a streamer say that cos the game wants you to have a 50% win rate if you are winning too much it will start matching you into games which are basically impossible for you to win because the other teams has much higher internal MMRs than yours. Is that true?
RecRoulette
Member
(11-07-2016, 02:13 PM)
RecRoulette's Avatar

Originally Posted by AngryMoth

Yay new thread. Maybe if I complain enough I can make the wall of shame next time haha


Something I've been wondering, I heard a streamer say that cos the game wants you to have a 50% win rate if you are winning too much it will start matching you into games which are basically impossible for you to win because the other teams has much higher internal MMRs than yours. Is that true?

Considering at the end of the last topic I saw people mention their insane 1-??? losing streaks. I highly doubt that's true.

Edit: I guess it would be pretty funny in a messed up way if the matchmaking was just lobbing you pitches across the plate and you still kept losing.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 02:16 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar
Some people do it to themselves to be honest.

I've seen groups queueing with people 800sr below the next lowest in the group. The most recent one i ran into was mercy and she could not get a single res off. Mercy is not a low skill healer. You can't just stick to people's asses constantly and expect success.
Rize_21
Member
(11-07-2016, 02:17 PM)
Rize_21's Avatar
Impossible matches are when you're facing 3 premades against 1, rest filled with solo queuers, I've been on both side of the fence, and let me tell you that the matches are extremely easy when you're with 2 others premades, everyone chat, it's ridiculous how enjoyable the game becomes.
I think that's the only occurence where it really is impossible to turn over if you're with THAT 1 premade of 2 peons.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 02:21 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rize_21

Impossible matches are when you're facing 3 premades against 1, rest filled with solo queuers, I've been on both side of the fence, and let me tell you that the matches are extremely easy when you're with 2 others premades, everyone chat, it's ridiculous how enjoyable the game becomes.
I think that's the only occurence where it really is impossible to turn over if you're with THAT 1 premade of 2 peons.

Mmm, i can tell you that from my experience the opposite can be just as true, and I've experienced that on both sides.

Just because you're grouped doesn't mean that you're coordinated. I feel like I've gotten slightly more success coordinating with a group of all randoms than i have with people who are grouped up when i solo q.

Does feel good when you completely rub the groups into the ground as an all random team.
Rize_21
Member
(11-07-2016, 02:48 PM)
Rize_21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Mmm, i can tell you that from my experience the opposite can be just as true, and I've experienced that on both sides.

Just because you're grouped doesn't mean that you're coordinated. I feel like I've gotten slightly more success coordinating with a group of all randoms than i have with people who are grouped up when i solo q.

Does feel good when you completely rub the groups into the ground as an all random team.

Are you playing in the us?
I'm playing in europe, and it really is terrible communication wise( low platinum here) in solo queue, most of the time the only interaction my team give is at the end of the match saying something like "shitty teammates delete accounts plz", also people almost never, never announce their ults %, I wish it was more the case.
2 more weeks remaining for S2, let's hope for a better start for S3 :p.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 02:57 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar
I play on aus servers, and other than the weird spike of trolling I've experienced the week before and your occasional pro genji, things are pretty mellow in chat. I try to keep things pretty mellow myself which might help.
Tovarisc
Member
(11-07-2016, 02:59 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rize_21

Are you playing in the us?
I'm playing in europe, and it really is terrible communication wise( low platinum here) in solo queue, most of the time the only interaction my team give is at the end of the match saying something like "shitty teammates delete accounts plz", also people almost never, never announce their ults %, I wish it was more the case.
2 more weeks remaining for S2, let's hope for a better start for S3 :p.

2 weeks into S03 it will be revealed that there was bug and/or unintentional event with spread of SR causing players to be clumped up too much. Huge swings in SR, up and down, will be feature of S03 too.

Devs promise to do better in S04.
Anne
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:12 PM)
Anne's Avatar
I'm late but I'm still of the opinion that Pharah is really close to good as is. Buffing her is mad spooky.
Fancolors
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:15 PM)
Fancolors's Avatar
The only thing I ask for Pharah is a way of cancelling her ult a la McCree. And maybe make her health pool have 150 normal hp + 50 shield.

Outside that I think she's already good enough.
Rize_21
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:18 PM)
Rize_21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tovarisc

2 weeks into S03 it will be revealed that there was bug and/or unintentional event with spread of SR causing players to be clumped up too much. Huge swings in SR, up and down, will be feature of S03 too.

Devs promise to do better in S04.

As long as support players are the ones to benefit of said SR fix, it's all good,DPS can all go gently die in fire, complaining against everyone and everything while they don't fall in SR like their healers, S03 will include med pack hacks though, gonna love that rise of "I need healing" coming from nowhere.
Paltheos
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:21 PM)
Paltheos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Incendiary

Yay! Made the wall of shame! Wait, am I supposed to be excited?

Also just got around to watching the finals from Blizzcon. Man, Russia put up a fight but South Korea schooled them.

To anyone who watched the whole tournament through the group stages there was little room for doubt - South Korea is the best. There are definitely some outstanding players on other teams ("jesus christ shadowburn, stop wiping the enemy team"), but SK played the game as a team the best. I don't recall allot of wasted ults for example from them while other teams would sometimes have people trying to go ham or make snap decisions that didn't always play out well for them.
Tovarisc
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:22 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rize_21

As long as support players are the ones to benefit of said SR fix, it's all good,DPS can all go gently die in fire, complaining against everyone and everything while they don't fall in SR like their healers, S03 will include med pack hacks though, gonna love that rise of "I need healing" coming from nowhere.

I'm already selectively dick towards shitty players at times.

"Oh you are the fuck who spams need healing after watching from sidelines as I was getting killed? You can wait a moment, I have this lovely Cree here with only 80% left..."
Mutombo
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:25 PM)
Mutombo's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeoRaider

Do you guys think that they will remove Symmetra from the Support category after her overhaul or that they will give her some kind of proper healing ability? I really don't look at her like she's a healer.

To me, if they just make her turrets do more damage again it will be fine. They nerferd her damage, then they started saying: she needs a new use.

If Symmetry will become a slow tank with a mobile teleport on her back she will be viable on attack too. Do it.

I think she's support because it's almost like half a ressurection for your entire team once you have your teleport up. You can't heal, but your team can sure as fuck get back into the fight quickly.
Apathy
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:27 PM)
Apathy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Dies hacking go through ice block?

I've learned that it basically goes through rein's shields? I thought it blocked los. I've definitely seen conflicting reports though.

No it does not. At least as she was playable at blizzcon
Cappa
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:28 PM)
Cappa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Azoor

I think Sombra will be the cause of so much salt that we'd turn into the dead sea.

The game is full of Salt, Sombra will just be on of many. :(

Originally Posted by Mutombo

To me, if they just make her turrets do more damage again it will be fine. They nerferd her damage, then they started saying: she needs a new use.

If Symmetry will become a slow tank with a mobile teleport on her back she will be viable on attack too. Do it.

I think she's support because it's almost like half a ressurection for your entire team once you have your teleport up. You can't heal, but your team can sure as fuck get back into the fight quickly.

On a competent team, you can takeout the teleporter quickly. I mean you have to be deaf not to hear the damn thing and theirs a sound cue everytime Symmetra puts it up. Im not sure theres much they can do where either she is OP or unplayable. Maybe increasing the range of her photon gun or something.

I think, in theory, Symmetra can be really good but right now shes more of a handicap to any team that picks her especially if youre playing in higher SR levels...
Last edited by Cappa; 11-07-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 03:37 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Apathy

No it does not. At least as she was playable at blizzcon

Yeah i read on Reddit that it hacks through shields but it's Reddit.
Tovarisc
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:40 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Yeah i read on Reddit that it hacks through shields but it's Reddit.

Dev said Rein shield, Zarya barriers, Mei block etc. will prevent hack when they are up. Also I wouldn't look down on Reddit, equally weird stuff gets posted here too. Just look at my posts :b
Skii
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:50 PM)
Skii's Avatar
Yay new thread.

Made the wall of shame again :D
Fixed2BeBroken
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:54 PM)
Fixed2BeBroken's Avatar

Originally Posted by maouvin


I think hacking (the right-click, not the ult) only works on targets that are susceptible to damage, so it won't work on ice block, bubbled people, Zen during ult and through Rein's/Winton's shields (Stylosa definitely said that you can't hack through Rein's shield). Just like Mei's M1, really.
But we'll find out later today I guess.


if it didn't, as in would go through everything like rein's shields, it would be legitimate game breaking....and it did for like the first 2 days they were trying her out, but not anymore thank god.

and one of the developers themselves says that it doesn't (As in it doesn't go through rein's shields, mei's block, etc) but it did initially for 2 days. So lets leave that as confirmed.
komaruR
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:59 PM)
komaruR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Greddleok

I went into the game thinking "I'm going to main a tank."

While they're not support, it's also a role people generally avoid playing.

When I play rein, what irks me more is not having no healers but instead no dps (mccree, soldier) standing behind me and poking away. They all just run off and do their own stuff. A rein without pokers having your back is not scary at all. When I'm on the opposite of the situation I usually just push that rein since he's alone.

Originally Posted by maouvin

I thought I'd main Mercy and I did for a while, but it's frustrating to play her on solo queue. I still mainly go support with Lucio and Zen though.

I think hacking (the right-click, not the ult) only works on targets that are susceptible to damage, so it won't work on ice block, bubbled people, Zen during ult and through Rein's/Winton's shields (Stylosa definitely said that you can't hack through Rein's shield). Just like Mei's M1, really.
But we'll find out later today I guess.

He's automatically getting scrap over time on PTR, no?

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

Some people do it to themselves to be honest.

I've seen groups queueing with people 800sr below the next lowest in the group. The most recent one i ran into was mercy and she could not get a single res off. Mercy is not a low skill healer. You can't just stick to people's asses constantly and expect success.

I'm no mercy expert, I've only play mercy for maybe 1-2hrs over my ow career and in qp too with friends. I'm a impatient man, so 100% dedication healing is not my forte. I will always switch over to pistol when like say the teammate is fighting an enemy and the enemy is low on hp. I will rather switch to a pistol and give that low hp enemy some pressure (2v1) than instead heal my teammate for him to have a 1v1 fight. Sure sometime, my teammate might die but most of the time, we both survive while killing that enemy because of the pressure they had for 1v2'ing us.

Now after playing (battle :P) mercy for a couple of hours, back to dps. When I'm fighting off an enemy, so many times I wished my friend/or teammate mercy to help kill the enemy when he/she is low on hp than to pocket heal me 100%.
That's what my take for playing mercy. P.S. mercy's pistol is no pea shooter!
Last edited by komaruR; 11-07-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Garrett Hawke
Member
(11-07-2016, 03:59 PM)
Garrett Hawke's Avatar
do we know when the ptr will be live? :)
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 04:00 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar
HMmmm, i think i also read that emp can't break rein's shield from the front, but can do it from the back.

If that's true than it is a lot, and i mean A LOT weaker than i thought it would be. Blizzard itself works so well it's because it completely ignores barriers.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(11-07-2016, 04:02 PM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Garrett Hawke

do we know when the ptr will be live? :)

Tomorrow I think?
Tovarisc
Member
(11-07-2016, 04:03 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Antiwhippy

HMmmm, i think i also read that emp can't break rein's shield from the front, but can do it from the back.

If that's true than it is a lot, and i mean A LOT weaker than i thought it would be. Blizzard itself works so well it's because it completely ignores barriers.

EMP breaks all shields and barrier within its radius, angle or direction doesn't matter. EMP hits front of Rein's shield and destroys it.

That is my understanding of how it works.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(11-07-2016, 04:06 PM)
Antiwhippy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tovarisc

EMP breaks all shields and barrier within its radius, angle or direction doesn't matter. EMP hits front of Rein's shield and destroys it.

That is my understanding of how it works.

Got it from this. Don't know if it's true or not.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/com...omment/d9o0hck
Azoor
Member
(11-07-2016, 04:06 PM)
Azoor's Avatar
Lots of people will call her OP in the beginning, but I hope if they nerfed her, they won't hit her hard.

Thread Tools