• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Zereta

Played and beat Luke Timmins in quickplay I think. He didn't drop the Recon helmet. Feels bad.

Luke Timmins is still at Bungie? Love that dude from the old ViDocs and Podcasts.

360405_o.gif

ChrisDM

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, and so I apologize in advance, but has anyone bought a digital PC version from Gamestop? If so, do you get your key instantaneously? I have a ton of credit with them and am hoping to burn it and pre-load the game tomorrow.

Simbo

Neo Member
Is the max mobility and constantly ducking really a thing now?

Yeah, I mean when did crouching up and down whilst shooting become a thing?

D1 was all about fantastic movement around maps but I find it infuriating that hammering the crouch button in the middle of a firefight is now viable and I’m seeing it more and more.

shermas

Shaxx, Flashpoint, clan nightfall all picked up... Still missing a 305 chest and helmet on my 'main'

Alts are at 305 before doing any weeklies. Sigh

Floody

Did they lower the amount of times you have to run the raid to do the His Highness's Seal part of the quest for The Legend of Acrius? Or does it still take around 3 completions?
Mine says get 10 seals, instead of 100.

Edit: Thanks guys!
How do you aim while you're spamming the crouch button?

Changed you control setup to Puppeteer. Crouch is the analog stick.

Floody

don't get me started on that shit! nightstalker + quickfang + max mobility = one man army! just today my whole squad got sworded by one guardian....then he taunted us :(

still won the match though >:)

Wait until Devour Warlock with blink + a Sword catches on, shit is really annoying.

How much does min-maxing help with nightfalls and the like?

At 296, and feel like I was dying more quickiy than I should have been last night, not been paying attention to my stats or mods/perks since I started the game

Anyone up for trying the nightfall now?

Floody

At 296, and feel like I was dying more quickiy than I should have been last night, not been paying attention to my stats or mods/perks since I started the game

Recovery is the only one you really need to worry about imo.

Did they lower the amount of times you have to run the raid to do the His Highness's Seal part of the quest for The Legend of Acrius? Or does it still take around 3 completions?

Changed you control setup to Puppeteer. Crouch is the analog stick.

Got 8 tokens in 1 raid completion last night.

Maddocks

This game really needs to have a better mercy rule. 40 to 90 isn't going to have a come back with 30 seconds left. Call that shit and save me some time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, they fixed it. You can also just grind the banner/door opening phase 10 times and get it that way if you don't want to do the raid for whatever reason.

deadduck

Yeah, I mean when did crouching up and down whilst shooting become a thing?

D1 was all about fantastic movement around maps but I find it infuriating that hammering the crouch button in the middle of a firefight is now viable and I’m seeing it more and more.

D1 had this too, you could duck out of many situations using this.

tamminen

87 Hours played on my main and finally 305. 11 Hours on alt which is 29x something but can't really bother as the last few levels are quite tedious.

I've had lots of fun. Best part has probably been making new friends in couple of raids I've managed to do. I'm not super social when it comes to gaming but I guess it works when the game forces you to communicate lol. I gotta say it feels super good when someone you've recently met invites you to party and asks to do nightfall or crucible or whatever. I've been a lone wolf on PS4 and this is really something new to me.

Putting new friends aside, the game really has not much to offer at this point. I don't feel like I'm gonna try the prestige raid and the prestige nightfalls are quite painful. I could do PvP but I'm just terrible. Don't know what went wrong this week but I used to do pretty okay in trials and crucible but this week I've been just demolished over and over again. People running around with Last Hopes and for the love of god I just can't figure that gun out. I've also seen some pro streamers running warlock with blink but I cannot figure that one out aswell. So I'll just focus on getting the milestones done and then.. well then what? Yeah.

I hope they'll come up with some fancy new content and quite soon. I'm okay with grinding if the reward is somewhat worth it.

Nicodemic

Really sorry for last night. :-(

To be franc, I raged quit after the second attempt. Don't want to excuse myself but lack of sleep didn't help. Not my finest hour as a gaffer...

I'm willing to try again later tonight if you still wanna try with me. No rage quit this time. :p

Managed the nightfall on my 3rd attempt with Gaffers (thanks Razorskin and Hnetuduft!)
I'm not going to count the 3 or 4 restarts when we died to pikes or missed the rings in the first part!

It's certainly a tough one. Knowing where the rings are is important. The rings just before the boss can be easy to miss, since I think you have to get to the top and jump back down to hit about 4 of them.

I find the strike really awkward because rocket launchers are really useful for quickly taking down the yellow servitors/shanks (e.g. when you need to hold the hacking zone), but it's almost impossible to use it on the boss (I even considered switching to dawnbreaker to allow an easy jump-shot). There's little or no purple ammo near the boss so you can't easily switch guns.

This NF is also incredibly annoying for using supers. Prism and an invisible boss mean you're almost always doing crappy damage or sitting there doing nothing while the super meter drains.

If anyone manages "Rat King" this week they have my utmost respect. I think I'll wait for anomalies/inverted spire to do mine!

Really sorry for last night. :-(

To be franc, I raged quit after the second attempt. Don't want to excuse myself but lack of sleep didn't help. Not my finest hour as a gaffer...

I'm willing to try again later tonight if you still wanna try with me. No rage quit this time. :p

No worries, I was livid with myself as well lol

I find it pretty tough to transition between mindless shooting in public events and stuff, to actually having to control sections of the map and position yourself since you die so quickly in the Nightfall. No idea how its recommended level 240.

I'm up for trying it again later (or now even), we should probably talk this time though :p

Did some reading up on the ring mechanic, we're definitely gonna need to coordinate who is taking what rings and when

Also up for raiding if anyone has a spot open?

LiK

I think I'm done with the game for the most part. Might just play Call to Arms and Flashpoint to see if I can get my gear to 305 for kicks. Might log into Xur just to buy exotics I'm missing but I have very little motivation to log in to grind daily content.

Encountered that during IB. A lot of hunters were doing that. It was pathetic.

That's PVP in general with Hunters. They love to duck. Don't get it since I'll just aim lower. They make it easier to aim at their heads.

Out 1

That's PVP in general with Hunters. They love to duck. Don't get it since I'll just aim lower. They make it easier to aim at their heads.

It does make it easier to kill them, doesn't it? I lost first couple of firefights due to sheer shock and disgust, but adapted quickly.

Why now tho? I don't remember this technique being widespread before IB started.

void666

Banned
Are they really ducking or just trying to dodge?
Sometimes it looks like i'm teabagging someone but that's my dodge out of juice.

I do the side strafe a lot though. The classic ADADAD.

LiK

It does make it easier to kill them, doesn't it? I lost first couple of firefights due to sheer shock and disgust, but adapted quickly.

Why now tho? I don't remember this technique being widespread before IB started.

It was happening a lot even before IB in my games. I have no idea what the reason was/is. Some of them end up just stationary in a spot when they do that. I guess maybe they think it would catch people off guard. I have Mobility at 5 and use Antiope/Uriels so their ducking shenigans don't work against me unless they wanna die.

When you're crouched you ping enemy radar less often. So some of this is probably trying to just catch you off guard around corners. It's a big thing with Sword users.

noomi

When you're crouched you ping enemy radar less often. So some of this is probably trying to just catch you off guard around corners. It's a big thing with Sword users.

Sword in PvP is hilariously annoying. Had a guy this morning chop our whole team down.

LiK

True, but they didn't even have swords. They were just crouching in a spot shooting. It was just odd. Maybe they were just trying to get kills.

They also love to go stealth which from what I heard gives them a few seconds of aim assist when they come out of stealth that the person they are shooting does not have (if that person was aiming at the hunter).

Top Bottom