• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 B/S/T Feedback Thread | Read the OP, and Prepare to Feedback

LQX

Positive buyer feedback for Ifrit.

Positive buyer feedback for Sydle.

Positive buyer feedback for Lord Panda.

Thank you all, and very sorry to Ifrit for the mix-up.

Nightz

I guess now would be a good time to post this again. Most people are doing a great job formatting their feedback, which is highly appreciated.

Hey guys,

As Cloggerdude mentioned earlier in the thread, we're trying to automate the gathering of feedback in this thread as much as possible. I have a working script that crawls through the thread and searches for a specific feedback pattern. You can check out a sample of the results here: http://textuploader.com/5noty (the bottom part of the file is the interesting part).

BUT to make this work, we need your help with the format of your feedback posts. As the OP mentions, it should look like this:

Positive/Negative/Neutral Buyer/Seller feedback for InsertNameHere

The bolding of the text isn't that important, but having a line like this in the body of your post for each person you're giving feedback to is. Here are some examples of good and bad posts:

GOOD
Positive buyer feedback for user1
Positive buyer feedback for user2
Positive buyer feedback for user3

BAD
Positive buyer feedback for user1, user2, user3
Positive buyer feedback for user1 and user2

Also, moving your comments to a different line will help the script more accurately find the usernames:

GOOD
Positive seller feedback for Cloggerdude

Great guy, sold me his soul

BAD
Positive seller feedback for Cloggerdude - his soul belongs to me
Positive seller feedback for Cloggerdude. Great guy!
The script may pick up anything after "Cloggerdude" and think it's part of the username, especially since GAF allows spaces and symbols as part of usernames.

Lastly, if you guys could refrain from putting punctuation like exclamation points and periods at the end of each feedback line (unless it's part of the user's name), that would be great. It's not a big deal, but again, GAF allows those symbols in usernames so the script will pick them up.

GOOD
Positive buyer feedback for Nightz

BAD
Positive buyer feedback for Nightz!
Positive buyer feedback for Nightz

Apologies in advance for potentially having you guys change the way you've been leaving feedback, but as a former feedback list updater, I know that updating the list takes a LOT of time and effort. This was created to help our current updaters to save some of that time. The good news is that most people in here are already doing feedback correctly. Others just need to make some minor tweaks. :) Thanks for your cooperation!

soultron

Banned
Positive buyer feedback for Fantomex

Allowed me benefit of the doubt to fix an issue I had in selling, which was my fault. Was great to communicate with.

Shiv47

Positive Buyer Feedback for NightmareTrigger

Positive Buyer Feedback for pete_clarf

Both paid quickly, smooth transactions with each!

Why the heck does Neogaf allow for periods in usernames?

This is actually going to be really hard to remember. I type periods without thinking about typing them. Apologies in advance for the future screwup I'll probably make. :3

mace999

Neo Member
Positive seller feedback for Zaheer

Sold me some e-shop credit and gave me a little discount on an already great price, very quick with the code, would definitely buy again from him.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Positive Seller feedback for Wilflare

As always, extremely helpful member who goes out of his way to help. Passionate about games. :)

Christian

Positive seller feedback for wilflare. As always, he went the extra mile to pick me up some English-language Vita imports. He's just an absolute pleasure to deal with. Thank you!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Positive Seller Feedback for OraleeWey.

OraleeWey is a very generous seller and I appreciate what he did for me. He sold me a brand new Charcoal Black PS2 and he gave me some memory cards and a game. It is received with a warm welcome. OraleeWey does not appear to be some run of the mill, grab the highest price you can find, kind of seller. He is highly recommended.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Positive Seller feedback for rc213. While there was a snag in our transaction, he worked quickly to get it resolved and everything worked out in the end. Thanks again.

pje122

Just noticed this thead.

Purchased a 360 game from UpperCaseN. Went very well. Would recommend.

Edit: Umm... positive buyer feedback.

Top Bottom