• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) -- Not a 6.7GB Install + 2GB Save

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This would be the biggest install yet...and the save is enormous. What is the save size on 360?

Don

These installs are starting to get pretty stupid. I usually have no problem with them but they should all be made optional and not mandatory. I'm going to run out of hard drive space pretty soon and I don't really want to have to keep uninstalling games and re-installing each time I want to play a different game. Sony needs to make some sort of rule for developers that all installs should be optional.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why is the save file so gigantic? Holy shit. :lol

If anything that seems like a full game install.

Mau ®

Thats crazy! Thats probably more than the entire game on 360!

Sucks for anyone with a HDD under 40GB...

gcubed

it cant be right. 5gb is the install limit.

But hey OP, a little thing like that doesnt stop you from posting it! Fuck Sony's rules, i want to see GAF explode with wrong information!!

burgerdog

tha_con said:
So fucking glad I don't like Soul Calibur.

If Tekken 6 is like this I'll be pissed.

At this rate, fucking count on T6 having an install, seriously. Just expect it already so you won't be disappointed.

Iksenpets

Banned
I can only assume that they've implemented some sort of boob sag feature. The more you play with a character, the more wear and tear her breasts take. Thousands of variables on breast consistency must be stored for every character.

SaitoH

The PS3 install I can believe, but if the PS3 save data is 2 gig then the 360's must be too, which doesn't sound like something Microsoft would allow.

Loudninja

gcubed said:
it cant be right. 5gb is the install limit.

But hey OP, a little thing like that doesnt stop you from posting it! Fuck Sony's rules, i want to see GAF explode with wrong information!!

Yeah, I think people forgot its a 5gb limit.

LiK

sh4mike said:
According to YesAsia.com sales page. Japanese only.

http://global.yesasia.com/b5/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-index/pid-1011073438/

Save data = 2048MB+
Game data = 6700MB+

Not worth its own thread? Don't reply and it will go away.

You decide!

wtf.jpg

epmode

Don said:
These installs are starting to get pretty stupid. I usually have no problem with them but they should all be made optional and not mandatory. I'm going to run out of hard drive space pretty soon and I don't really want to have to keep uninstalling games and re-installing each time I want to play a different game. Sony needs to make some sort of rule for developers that all installs should be optional.
Honestly, this is what happens when you give too much leeway to developers as opposed to setting concrete standards. I know MS is GAF poison these days but at least they got that right.

Arsenic

But even 2000KB is enormous. I mean, MGS4 takes up 150KB~ and saves alot of data.

Install size sounds unrealistic as well

scarybore

The save data must surely be a mistake, the size is ridiculous for any game never mind a basic fighter, and from reading threads about the MGS4 install escapade I gathered that there was a 5GB install limit. I'm gonna guess dodgy numbers on both fronts.

Loudninja said:
Yeah, I think people forgot its a 5gb limit.
3-4 people have mentioned it but why would that stop people would dontt read the thread? :p
MGS4 didn't break the limit, theres no way SC4 will.

Speevy

Banned
Thank you for buying Soul Calibur 4.

Your hard drive will now be formatted. Please do not turn off the system.

USD

Holy crap, that's huge. Either it's not real, or those numbers are gonna get cut down before release.

shagg_187 said:
Not possible. Last i remember, PS3 doesn't allow files larger than 5GB. :/
DIE THREAD DIE!
Maybe it's two files lol.

bee

shagg_187 said:
Not possible. Last i remember, PS3 doesn't allow files larger than 5GB.

it wouldn't be a single file?

perhaps the 2gb save is for replays, grid on pc sticks a 2gb file on your c: drive for replays, if you haven't got the space you dont have replays

StuBurns

Banned
That can't be true?
I'd be stunned if the game itself was 6.7GB.
As for the saves, having to wait 2 minutes to save sounds like bullshit to me.

lulz. told you this mandatory install shit would get out of hand. sony needs to step it up and make full installs OPTIONAL. if you want to install it great. but come on now.

Top Bottom