• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 10 Creators update causing battery drain? ( Im on a Surface Book )

HF2014

Well, trying to find some answer for that problem and hope finding someone with similar problem. Before creators update, when simply browsing with Chrome, my pc seem to hold its battery better ( Surface Book i5, dPGU ). I was probably getting about 10 hours, 10.5.(Just websurfing like). Now im getting like 8.5,9 hours around. Battery drain seem imo faster. Sure, they recommend using the crappy Edge browser for longer performance.

Sure there is some tweak you can use there an there ( disable mic , battery saver etc ), but still, i didnt need to tweak my pc to get like long battery. Iv run a battery report, numbers seem very similar, but still, for simple web browsing like i did in the past week, i find my battery using more battery power. Sometime, im even wondering if MS made a crap patch to conflict Chrome so it use more battery now compare to Edge.

So i dont know what could cause this battery drain. Just wondering if any laptop user or surface book user are experiencing bigger battery drain since creators update.

Top Bottom