• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 more awesome Mass Effect screens!

Kiljaro

qcf x2 said:
good art strikes again

...however...

Am I the only one who looks at those screens and longs for a true sequel to the Sega Genesis Phantasy Star games?
Regardless of those screens a true Phantasy Star sequel is something I've wanted for soooooooo long.

P.S. OMG! MASS EFFECTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! EFFFFFFFFFFFFF YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!H MOTHAAAAAAAAA EFEEEEEEEER!!!!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Bioware should release a book about this game in the same vein of Valve's Raising the Bar.

Mass Effect has some of the best art I've ever seen. This is quality. And the plot/setting sounds like unadulterated nerd pr0n.

Kabouter

GhaleonEB said:
Looks like the main character's armor is designed to accomodate breasts.
There's your plottwist right there.

Oh, and this looks great, looking forward to playing this :)

raYne

GeneralIroh said:
Man this game has really generic art. The human's leg and shoulder armor look too bulky. They mostly look like lifeless bald zombies with huge hips. Most of the alien designs are boring too. Especially that cyborg. Looks like the only thing that will pull me into the game is the gameplay.
Took long enough. It almost made it to the second page.

qcf x2

GhaleonEB said:
Thank you very much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a paper cut, and pour lemon juice on it?!

:lol Just making sure I wasn't the only one.

XSamu

Banned
This looks so good. Still, I don't get it.

Kotor was an amazing game, but the graphics were awful... but this looks soooo good :D

GhaleonEB

qcf x2 said:
:lol Just making sure I wasn't the only one.
Nope, but hey as long as stuff like this is coming it goes a long way towards easing the pain.

I mean, damn. Adjectives fail me.

Buggy Loop

If we can get something as good gameplay wise as Baldur's gate or KOTOR with these graphics, then its my GOTY. So damn pretty.

Bildi

Geez, I really wish I were excited about this. I got really bored with Knights of the Old Republic and hence never tried Jade Empire. I'm missing out on the hype train :-(

I have not been following this - is the combat different to KOTOR? I never really liked that aspect of KOTOR so if this is different I would probably be more hyped.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The use of Depth of Field is pure hottness. It so subtle that you barely notice it but enough to bring attention to the people conversing.

The character design is also one of the best I've ever seen. The use of lighting rocks too.

bry-bry

GeneralIroh said:
Man this game has really generic art. The human's leg and shoulder armor look too bulky. They mostly look like lifeless bald zombies with huge hips. Most of the alien designs are boring too. Especially that cyborg. Looks like the only thing that will pull me into the game is the gameplay.

Compared to what? I could not disagree with you more.

Looks better than Gears! Amazing texture work and lighting that actually looks really clean.

temp said:
I wonder if the helmet is glued to the woman squad-member's head.

I think it's removable. We've seen the lady in the white uniform with and without the helmet.

temp

posting on contract only
vspectra06 said:
I think it's removable. We've seen the lady in the white uniform with and without the helmet.
How did I miss that? Anyone have the shots?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Screenboy said:
every single person in those pics is bald, it doesnt change when the fads do.

904_0003.jpg

But he is bold though? Right?

Deku

Banned
It's Bioware. The gameplay will be awesome and I'm looking forward to giving western RPGs another try, but this game has no visual style.

The technology isn't quite there yet for photo realistic characters but they are pushing for that visually, and you end up with mannequin like characters that are just creepy to look at. Reminds me of a lot of the early 90s PC game when hi color still images were all the rage and you'd have these really creepy portraits of characters and avatars in PC games.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Great Scott.

Amazing.

bigmakstudios said:
Why do the human characters have such lifeless faces? They look like zombies. >_>

When's the last time you saw someone grinning ear to ear while saluting? What a ridiculous post... if you actually watched a video, or just looked at any of the other pics, you'd know that it makes absolutely no sense saying "Mass Effect" and "lifeless faces" in the same sentence...

And yay for the bald comments when the character isn't even bald, let alone can be made from scratch to whatever you want your character to look like...

90% of the games in the next-gen that receive the stupid "bald" comments don't even have bald characters, that's the funniest thing...

Anyways, Mass Effect is just a sight to behold, it really makes me gasp whenever I see new pics... I'm just gonna take a few minutes and stare at them all right now...

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Deku said:
It's Bioware. The gameplay will be awesome and I'm looking forward to giving western RPGs another try, but this game has no visual style.

No visual style?

The game is oozing with it. The character design mostly but the physical structures and surroundings look awesome. Its certainly one of the best a western dev house has to offer.

Top Bottom