• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Or some just hate the people delivering the message.

You know you're loved..nothing but ribbing ��

Jules. This ain't my fuckin' town man!

------

btw

Misgivings about the marketing and dumb shit spoken out of place about racial issues, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is nothing like what they kicked dirt up about. And far more grounded and engaging than ME:A ever attempted to be.

And since I got the top spot on the page, Into the Badlands is utter garbage. Fights I can see anywhere else.

Besides Kanye what has Kendrick or Chance done to get shit on besides talk about their personal experiences with religion?

I'll leave it here. You seem to be on a "don't judge everyone the same" trip..right? Then don't speak in absolutes like a dope, and decide it's a gawd thing. Fair enough? Or does gawd change things?

LionPride

Banned
I'll leave it here. You seem to be on a "don't judge everyone the same" trip..right? Then don't speak in absolutes like a dope, and decide it's a gawd thing. Fair enough? Or does gawd change things?
But the discussion I was listening to was specifically about the reaction that the religious aspects of those albums had. Ibwas talkin bout that specifically

Sch1sm

Besides Kanye what has Kendrick or Chance done to get shit on besides talk about their personal experiences with religion?

Kdot and Chano are some of the cleanest dudes in the game. I can't think of anything crazy absurd either of them have done to be given grief. They just stay putting out heat.

Rod and Karen made a lot of good points about religion and rap and the people who listen to music

Kendrick made an album about his fear of God and religion and life as a whole
Kanye made an album basically saying God gonna love me despite all my shit
Chance made an album celebrating God

and some people hate it because they talkin bout religion. It's been interesting to notice, people acting like people celebrating or talking about their personal experiences with religion will negatively impact the listener

see that's the problem with today's youth, i don't know which god they are talking about

Bennu?
Mut?
Ninhursag?
Shamash?
Manat?
Dushara?
Teshub?
Triglav?

these nikkas are just lazy

Johndoey

Banned
Jules. This ain't my fuckin' town man!

------

btw

Misgivings about the marketing and dumb shit spoken out of place about racial issues, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is nothing like what they kicked dirt up about. And far more grounded and engaging than ME:A ever attempted to be.

And since I got the top spot on the page, Into the Badlands is utter garbage. Fights I can see anywhere else.
I wouldn't say Mankind Divided handles the prejudice angle amazingly well, but it does a decent job showing it as a pervasive throughout Prague, and that the new restrictions disproportionately affect the poor, most of whom who had augmentations for medical issues or received them as parts of contracts with large companies.

Plus they were smart enough to point out that discrimination tends to give rise to extremist sentiments and make that a focus.

But then it has all the Illuminati bullshit that doesn't work particularly well and that gets the majority of the focus.

God this is the longest post I've had in ages and it's about discrimination in a Deus Ex game.

The hub is great though. Tons of explorable interiors and I even managed to map out the city mentally by the end if my time with it. You can also tell the development was rushed because a lot of what where clearly full side quest chains end aburptly and the game barely has an ending.

I just realized I don't like white people talking about black people/things in general.
Okay, but why?

Dereck

I just realized I don't like white people talking about black people/things in general.
Anytime any White person talks about Black people is an opportunity for me to listen and potentially understand.

EDIT: I mean, within my presence, or to me directly.

Sch1sm

Probably isn't the place for you, then.

see that's the problem with today's youth, i don't know which god they are talking about

Bennu?
Mut?
Ninhursag?
Shamash?
Manat?
Dushara?
Teshub?
Triglav?

these nikkas are just lazy

"Youth." lol.

All 3 of those cases Lion mentioned are pretty straightforward Christian/Catholic.

Do you need to know what God they're referring to in order to relate to their music, though? I think praising God, struggling with religion, and/or being aware of your flaws within a religion but knowing God still loves you are fairly universal.

vB3R6fO.gif

Bout to be me

Mornin', Sun People

Morning and no time to head to church--had to travel to deliver some cupcakes to grandma

Hey I'm good. Sorry I've been mia on OW. I haven't been on much and when I am I'm multi-tasking
but still winning games!

How have you been Lightning?

Pretty good dude. Just working and playing Overwatch. Been using 76 for a while and gotten pretty good with him. Also planning on buying Dying Light sometimes this week.

Young Magus

"Youth." lol.

All 3 of those cases Lion mentioned are pretty straightforward Christian/Catholic.

Do you need to know what God they're referring to in order to relate to their music, though? I think praising God, struggling with religion, and/or being aware of your flaws within a religion but knowing God still loves you are fairly universal.

You know vics talking out the ass right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom