• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nah, as vocal any negativity gets, Neogaf still voted it GOTY 2008 and then again in the 2012 revote! It actually has plenty of love here. :)
Yep, count me in with the group. I love the game. Bought a PS3 just for it. The people that don't like it are just a lot more vocal and they do have some valid criticisms.

eso76

Should I buy mgs3 HD then ?
Is this what the thread suggests ?
I loved it so much I am afraid playing it again might ruin the memory, I'm afraid of HD graphics being too 'clean' and not having the same appeal and...dunno.

I loved it so much I am afraid playing it again might ruin the memory, I'm afraid of HD graphics being too 'clean' and not having the same appeal and...dunno.

lol what? The enhanced graphics and 60fps only make the game that much better, seriously.

Protome

Nah, it holds up really well and looks outstanding in HD.
MGS2 doesn't hold up quite so well, but it still looks okay.

cory64

I played it for the first time like that and I consider it one of the greatest games of all time.

Sky Chief

Total speculation but maybe kid Psycho Mantis = Chico. Both grew up without a mother and have a penchant for arson. However, I believe Mantis was from Russia, not South America. Maybe this explains Chico's headphone jack in some way?

Also maybe burning chick is Amanda?

Raonak

Banned
Nah, as vocal any negativity gets, Neogaf still voted it GOTY 2008 and then again in the 2012 revote! It actually has plenty of love here. :)

Yeah, MGS4 just has a very vocal minority. most people i know who's not on gaf, likes it.
the "hivemind" mentality really hammers it.

It's a deeply flawed game, but at the same time, it's one of my favourite games. the insane amount of fanservice poured into that game is amazing.
It basically is a Metal Gear Solid fanfiction. which could either rub you the right or wrong way.

---
Need to finish peace walker again. never got that second ending.

Anyone else get the vibe that the Peace Walker crew will eventually become the Outer Heaven Bosses in the eventual Metal Gear 1 Remake?

Protome

Yeah, MGS4 just has a very vocal minority. most people i know who's not on gaf, likes it.
the "hivemind" mentality really hammers it.

It's a deeply flawed game, but at the same time, it's one of my favourite games. the insane amount of fanservice poured into that game is amazing.
It basically is a Metal Gear Solid fanfiction. which could either rub you the right or wrong way.

---
Need to finish peace walker again. never got that second ending.

The fanservice was part of what really ruined it for me.
Playing through each section and being "Wow, I remember this from the previous games! only it was fun that time" was hugely detrimental to my experience.
And the last fight with Liquid/Ocelot was just DUMB
in a way I actually kinda loved

eso76

lol what? The enhanced graphics and 60fps only make the game that much better, seriously.

The game itself yes I'm sure, but I'm afraid I won't like how BB looks in HD.
I mean

Big-Boss-Salute-688x230.jpg

1098110-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

The SD version looks so much better

I too fucking love MGS4 with all my heart. It's beyond dumb at times. But what isn't if you really dissect it?

At the end of the day the only people who wins are those that are able to love. Suspending your disbelief is a great skill to have. If you don't have it, so much in life will suck because you have your shit-tinted classes on. Serious fox am serious.

Sky Chief

Oh I see, I thought the acrobat at the end was currently the front runner for Mantis. Kojima is a master troll.

Yeah, I mean this is complete speculation on my part. The fire explosion scene is in the same hallway that they see the kid in so it seems he/she was the one that caused it.

Yes, I didn't really like the 3DS game's controls.
Admittedly, the Vita version doesn't control that great either due to the original's reliance on pressure sensitive buttons.

That's what I mean, in the portable world I think the 3ds controls were better than the Vita adaptation.

Total speculation but maybe kid Psycho Mantis = Chico. Both grew up without a mother and have a penchant for arson. However, I believe Mantis was from Russia, not South America. Maybe this explains Chico's headphone jack in some way?

Also maybe burning chick is Amanda?

Psycho Mantis killed his father and burned down his village, doing so he also burned himself. So I don't think so.

The only thing I don't get is how/why they are releasing two MGS titles within a short time frame (and for the same platforms).

Also, AFAIK they never mentioned anything about BB/Snake/Liquid/Solidus having a fake arm. Sure they can just retcon it but...

BadWolf

The only thing I don't get is how/why they are releasing two MGS titles within a short time frame (and for the same platforms).

Also, AFAIK they never mentioned anything about BB/Snake/Liquid/Solidus having a fake arm. Sure they can just retcon it but...

We don't know if its two games or one.

Ah ok I'm not up to date these days. I only remember the announcement (?) that GZ isn't MGS5 and that they will show the real MGS5 later.
Kojima trolling makes much more sense.

Metal Gear Solid 5 - Ground Zeroes' Phantom Pain

SgtCobra

I still think this is another trailer for Ground Zeroes, that "Moby Dick Studios" thing sounds fishy (pun intended yes) Even Konami isn't that stupid to release 3 MGS games in one (two?) year(s)
Don't quote me on this though.. Everything is possible over there at Konami, and Kojima has always been a troll..
I haven't been following this thread that closely to be honest because MGS threads always get outta hand with the speculation and story discussion, so pardon me if I've been saying stupid things :p

SgtCobra

My god..

6026298dea2dd40f5ceba8c182aab960.png

Hahaha he even Tweeted a pic of his dinner (Swedish meat balls)

EDIT: It's has to be a fake account, although it made me chuckle.

Yep, count me in with the group. I love the game. Bought a PS3 just for it. The people that don't like it are just a lot more vocal and they do have some valid criticisms.

Me too, im actually still rocking the 80gb mgs4 ps3. I enjoyed 4 but the other games were better. Ill replay mgs.

XOMTOR

My god..

6026298dea2dd40f5ceba8c182aab960.png

Hahaha he even Tweeted a pic of his dinner (Swedish meat balls)

EDIT: It's has to be a fake account, although it made me chuckle.

Came for this and was not disappointed.

Joakim N. Mogren: Head CEO of Moby Dick Studios

Now this is how you reveal a new game, I mean IP, right yea...IP

The game itself yes I'm sure, but I'm afraid I won't like how BB looks in HD.
I mean

Big-Boss-Salute-688x230.jpg

1098110-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

The SD version looks so much better

That's not even a proper SD version. This was someone who took a picture of his shitty television with a shitty digital camera. It does not look good. I'll take the HD version.

I prefer the Old Snake salute myself.

800px-Oldsnake_salute.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom