• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Project Rap Rabbit (Parappa x Gitaroo Man creators)

Why haven’t you made PaRappa The Rapper 3, Gitaroo Man 2, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 3 or Elite Beat Agents 2?

All our old titles hold special places in our hearts, and in recent years we’ve tried to both work on new ideas and continue our favourite franchises. The current environment has made it difficult to produce story-led rhythm-action games through traditional means, which is why we’ve resorted to the community-at-large to help us realize our dreams.

This is because none of you all played Demon's Score. You are all on notice.

borges

Banned
Oh please, do this. Gitaroo Man is one of my all time favs games. Cant forget playing 56834 times against that flying coffee machine!

LAA

Urgh, the pace it's getting funds at does not look good at all... :(
The concept does look good, so shame if it doesn't get funded.
Really should have had some concept gameplay footage or something with music, hope when the release that it'll turn it around.

PoshAlligatorRD

Neo Member
This month's EDGE has a four page spread about the game, though it was written before the Kickstarter launched. Two of the pages are the key art, and I have to say it's really cool printed.

Interview with Yano and Matsura. Not a huge amount different than the KS video, but it does delve a bit more into why they're doing Kickstarter and what prompted the idea.

Camjo-Z

It seems they're doing a contest to have fan art included in the game.

Paging all Rap Rabbit fan artists: we've been so impressed by your #RapRabbitArt talent that we're going to do something VERY special... Every week, we're going to pick one piece of #RapRabbitArt to feature in a gallery in the game itself once we're funded, so keep tagging your work with #RapRabbitArt art so we don't miss it! This Friday we'll announce the chosen art from weeks one and two!

I'd be more enthusiastic about that if it looked like the campaign was remotely close to success. A week in and it's stuck around 13% funded... they'd really better hope this music and footage they're working on blows people away.

dracula_x

→ https://twitter.com/ProRapRabbit/status/866645555946147840

The new issue of @edgeonline is out on Thursday 25 May, and it contains the exclusive first Project Rap Rabbit interview. Don't miss it!

DAbxToMXcAAVxbh.jpg

dickroach

not THAT bad... if they keep this pace they will reach £600k of £855k

there is no pace. any way you look at it, it ain't getting funded.

BEST CASE SCENARIO, they get an absolutely enormous push at the end like Amplitude did (65% of the goal in the last 5 days) which like never ever happens.
and even still, Amplitude started way stronger (21% vs 11% in the first two days)

This is because none of you all played Demon's Score. You are all on notice.

From what I remember, Demon's Score was exclusive to Tegra devices or some shit. I remember being frustrated that I couldn't play it on my relatively high end phone.

Edit: The Android version that is.

Camjo-Z

Gameplay coming in a couple of weeks according to a USgamer interview.

USG: It sounds like a complicated system. Are you concerned that it's going to overwhelm players, or do you think it'll be OK, because it's music, and music is universal...?

KY: I think when we release our target gameplay video in a couple of weeks, we'll see just how... I'm searching for the right word. It's definitely a new experience. It sounds complicated on paper, but when you actually see it in action, it feels very natural... there are still a lot of things about the game we haven't exposed yet, and I think a lot of people are saying, "Well, there's no demo." And that was one of those things... we just couldn't get it ready in time for the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign, which was probably our bad. But I think when people see it, the proof will be in the pudding, and they'll get it.

Print_Dog

Hope they don't wait too long to show something. The concept art is cool but that only goes so far.

I funded it, but this pace doesn't have me confident. I know you guys don't know me but please fund this game. It's up there with a Legend of Dragoon remake in my eyes. These things should be supported.

Off topic: How do I become a Member?

Hope they don't wait too long to show something. The concept art is cool but that only goes so far.

I funded it, but this pace doesn't have me confident. I know you guys don't know me but please fund this game. It's up there with a Legend of Dragoon remake in my eyes. These things should be supported.

Off topic: How do I become a Member?

You need to post more. I think it was around 300 posts or so but I'm not entirely sure. Also, if you do stupid shit you can be Junior'd permanently, so there's that.

Print_Dog

You need to post more. I think it was around 300 posts or so but I'm not entirely sure. Also, if you do stupid shit you can be Junior'd permanently, so there's that.

Oh OK. That's not so bad. Thanks for the reply.

There's a Project Rap Rabbit live stream today:

Update #6

May 25 2017

Live stream #1 - The Music Of Project Rap Rabbit

Greetings from Tokyo!

We're currently gearing up for our first development live stream, direct from the iNiS J studio. Masaya Matsuura, Keiichi Yano and Yuji TECHNOuchi will be talking about the creation process of Project Rap Rabbit's music, and discussing the fusion of styles and influences that will give the game's soundtrack a unique flavour.

Want to join us on the stream? We'll be going live on our main Kickstarter page at the following times:
18:00 Pacific - Thurs 25 May
21:00 Eastern - Thurs 25 May
02:00 CET - Fri 26 May
10:00 Tokyo - Fri 26 May

Subscribe now for a reminder of the stream. And also submit your questions now for the team to answer during the broadcast.

Can't make the live stream? There's no need to miss out! You'll still be able to submit your questions for us to answer on air, and the stream will be recorded and available to watch on our main Kickstarter page afterwards.

We're also busy preparing for next week's live stream, which will will focus on the gameplay and design of Project Rap Rabbit. Again, we'll be answering your questions on air ahead of our big target gameplay footage reveal - we'll be setting up the page to submit your questions as soon as our first live stream has ended.

BigPete

Such a disappointment that this isn't taking off. It's understandable though. Too many people are feeling burned after a few high profile KS games failed to live up to the hype. There's been a lot of mid-tier stuff that never even came out. (What IS going on with 90's arcade racer anyway?)

At the very least you need to have alpha gameplay video.

I gladly backed this last week, but I highly doubt this makes even 75% of the goal. I suppose it is possible that the gaming media picks this up and generates some good publicity, but I wouldn't count on that.

ArjanN

Nicalis.

They refuse to even acknowledge it anymore.

It's standard operating procedure for Nicalis for things to dissappear for years. Happens with pretty much all the stuff they're involved in. It's also pretty telling the developer made like an entire different game in the mean time on Steam. (the Takeover) so I'm sure the holdup is on the NIcalis side.

Shin

Banned
Live stream - Jun 2 at 2:00am CEST (approx 14 hours at the time of posting).
Funding isn't moving at all, saddens me.

Live stream - Jun 2 at 2:00am CEST (approx 14 hours at the time of posting).
Funding isn't moving at all, saddens me.

It doesn't matter what kind of dev you are or what kind of pedigree you might have, these days if you don't have gameplay ready you're just not gonna get anybody on board. Too many development hell KS scenarios have poisoned the well, people need proof that you both intend to actually make the game in a reasonable amount of time and can show some level of development competency (not to mention it's way easier to market a game with active visuals than with stills and vague concepts). At the very least it's how I've approached KS stuff as of late.

Caj814

As much as I want this, they have been handling this terribly right from the gate. They really should have launched with some early gameplay available since so many are burnt out on blindly crowdfunding.

Top Bottom