• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Filben

Man the map pacing really sucks. At the same time, where are u going to go? Its the only shooter of its kind and COD WW2 wont change too much for that

I still wish theyd work out a better dlc plan to make maps free and I wish sony allowed crossplay

I sold the game due to frustartion of playing solo. Randoms suck ass and no one played support and when they did they didnt drop ammo.

It was bad compared to games like overrwatch and rainbow 6 where randoms consistently used teamwork
Did you play on console? I found BF1 much more enjoyable on PS4 than on PC.

Mahonay

Banned
Glad they patched out players suddenly being able to place AT Mines on vehicles and have them stay on.

I had a some rounds of Conquest where a couple of dudes just kept repeatedly taking out my tank with motorbikes covers in AT Mines. Really infuriating. Was funny at first but they just did it every round.

Turkoop

Banned
Yup, Nivelle night is looking really good!
There's also a new feature, in Conquest at the end of the round you can see the best squad. Really cool

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Glad they patched out players suddenly being able to place AT Mines on vehicles and have them stay on.

I had a some rounds of Conquest where a couple of dudes just kept repeatedly taking out my tank with motorbikes covers in AT Mines. Really infuriating. Was funny at first but they just did it every round.
Awwww I didn't even know this was a thing :(

Lulu23

Played two rounds of Nivelle Nights CQ yesterday and thought it was a bit bland tbh. I hope it grows on me.

Btw, did they finally fix Operations matchmaking or is it still broken?

WillyFive

Didn't know TSNP owners also get access to the new maps. Nice surprise, but it still sucks it isn't free for everyone.

Also , the time between the map packs is ridiculously long and that makes me wonder if this is the same as with Battlefront I, where once the main game was released most of the devs moved to Battlefield 1, leaving a skeleton crew to do the DLC.

It seems they are planning to stretch the DLC over two years instead of one, but they are only going the same amount of content as if there was only one year.

DC2ngqDXYAEABjC.jpg:large
One of the upcoming Russian DLC map will be available in August.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played BF1 in over two months and now I'm at a point where I'm afraid to start playing again 😥

ornery

I just want HDR, man. They keep showing all these neat maps and additions, but we have yet to hear shit from DICE about something promised 6 months ago.

Turkoop

Banned
I don't know how you people from NA experience BF1 in the last weeks but it's a mess in europe. I have never seen such bad-teamplayer in BF1 since the new update. God, give me the strength for this.

Some people... really. Stop playing shooters.

ThisOne

So they are releasing DLC maps to everyone? The chart mentions Premium Trials. Probably the way to go from now on, honestly. Should help the player base from being too fragmented.

I don't know how you people from NA experience BF1 in the last weeks but it's a mess in europe. I have never seen such bad-teamplayer in BF1 since the new update. God, give me the strength for this.

Some people... really. Stop playing shooters.

The game doesn't really incentivize teamwork. Maybe if they erased k/d ratio from the game and made things like spotting work. And made emplaced weapons and tank mg's worth using.

manhack

So they are releasing DLC maps to everyone? The chart mentions Premium Trials. Probably the way to go from now on, honestly. Should help the player base from being too fragmented.

Yeah, no details, but I'm guessing a time limit or number of maps played for each DLC pack perhaps so people can try before they buy without using the Premium w/ Friends feature.

As someone who bought premium on sale this week I wouldn't even be mad if they just straight up gave the previous DLC away after a new one comes up or something. Anything to keep the playerbase from fragmenting.

Yeah, no details, but I'm guessing a time limit or number of maps played for each DLC pack perhaps so people can try before they buy without using the Premium w/ Friends feature.

As someone who bought premium on sale this week I wouldn't even be made if they just straight up gave the previous DLC away after a new one comes up or something. Anything to keep the playerbase from fragmenting.
agreed I bought premium 2x and would be happy if it was made free.

ThisOne

Anyone else feel like the balance of tanks had totally shifted? When the game came out they were way overpowered. Now it feels like every time I drive one, I'm just getting pelted from every dude with anti tank grenades and rockets and I die in a matter of seconds.

Ravek

Banned
Anyone else feel like the balance of tanks had totally shifted? When the game came out they were way overpowered. Now it feels like every time I drive one, I'm just getting pelted from every dude with anti tank grenades and rockets and I die in a matter of seconds.

Yeah from launch to now, tanks became either nerfed to fuck (aside from that POS artillery truck) or the anti tank weapons got a huge buff.

Striker

Players using the Hellriegel have a good chance to fight against any weapon in the game so combine that along with the anti-tank grenade, mines, rockets, or dynamite and it's tough business for opposing tanks. Especially on maps like Amiens or Suez. I feel like I have most of my success in the light tank on St. Quentin Scar.

Nivelle Nights is a joy to play so far. I've gotten one Frontlines contest and a few Conquest. Battles seem to go all over the place and no fights seem to get jammed in one area.

ThisOne

It's the biggest thing from BF4 to BF1 that I don't like. Vehicle play (tanks, specifically) is not as fun, dynamic, useful, etc. in BF1 as they are in BF4. Other than that, I think BF1 is a nice upgrade in most areas compared to BF4.

It also seems like there are far fewer tanks available in this game. Maybe DICE needs to create a couple huge maps and give each team 5 tanks or something. Don't really have any maps like that so far in BF1.

EDIT: I just played a few rounds in BF4. Maps like Silk Road, Firestorm, Dragon Pass, etc. Waaaayyy bigger than anything in BF1. When will BF1 get some giant maps like that? I think it would really help with the vehicle play.

Yep. New map is legit. Visually stunning and fun to play.
Will the next free map also be available for TSNP owners or only full fledged premium owners?

It's the biggest thing from BF4 to BF1 that I don't like. Vehicle play (tanks, specifically) is not as fun, dynamic, useful, etc. in BF1 as they are in BF4. Other than that, I think BF1 is a nice upgrade in most areas compared to BF4.

It also seems like there are far fewer tanks available in this game. Maybe DICE needs to create a couple huge maps and give each team 5 tanks or something. Don't really have any maps like that so far in BF1.

EDIT: I just played a few rounds in BF4. Maps like Silk Road, Firestorm, Dragon Pass, etc. Waaaayyy bigger than anything in BF1. When will BF1 get some giant maps like that? I think it would really help with the vehicle play.
from what I heard in those YouTube videos, the new Russian map is as big as the bf4 maps.

I'm digging operations because it has a frontline, which gives the game much better internal consistency. The maps are balanced super bad though, how is it even possible to win Monte Grappa as the attacker. Desperately needs reset buttons like gassing an entire bunker.

Coolluck

New map is pretty fun. Last time it was just moving in a roving pack from point to point. This time I tried to stay at one of the trenches when I knew the enemy would be rolling up. Needed a lot more firepower to deal with it. Those kinds of deaths always remind me of Saving Private Ryan.

New map is really great.

Having two servers to play on is not great. Why is it always so hard to find a damn server in this game, I feel like I am doing something wrong.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
How is the player base on PC? still lots of people playing?

BF1 stats
How is the player base on PC? still lots of people playing?
. As of now ~20k

BTW does anyone know if nivelle nights and prise de tagure will be an operation mode?

edit: according to the bf reddit discord, nivelle nights and prise de tagure will be made into an operation mode. Soo take that with some salt.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really, really like the new map. Feels really intense.

Top Bottom