• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm on that play games ssssson.

How can we add each other without posting our email address for the forum to see?

Use the email tags .

In the " ", put your email. It won't show up unless someone quotes your post. Like so:

Rashid

Banned
Would it be worth listing the best emulators to use and good games to play for each platform? Might be a good addition to op, no?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Would it be worth listing the best emulators to use and good games to play for each platform? Might be a good addition to op, no?

I have no idea about which ones are the best. If you want to put together a list for the thread, that would be great.

Crazy Taxi is so much fun. Doesn't worked in my Galaxy sII, but works flawlessly in my new Nexus 4. Such a great feeling to hear the "ya ya ya ya ya" again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Crazy Taxi is so much fun. Doesn't worked in my Galaxy sII, but works flawlessly in my new Nexus 4. Such a great feeling to hear the "ya ya ya ya ya" again.

Great to hear. I have a N4 as well and wasn't sure how it would run on it. How does it control?

Daigoro

super stickman golf 2 is amazing.

great controls, asynchronous multiplayer, cool powerups, achievements. awesome.

only thing missing is leaderboards for the single player campaign. dunno why that seems to be missing.

Daigoro is my player name of anyone wants to get a game going.

ash_ag

I'm on that play games ssssson.

How can we add each other without posting our email address for the forum to see?
I was thinking we could start a G+ community. Will be easy to find fellow GAF members, and no one will have to directly most their Gmail here. What do you guys think?

Edit: Just noticed there are two. Anyone in the knows about either of them?

Groof

Because Google are stupid and silly and haven't made a section for it, or even any indication, anyone up for trying to make a consolidated list for games that have Play Games support?

(that reserved post could be used for this hoho)

edit: well the play games app does consolidate things a bit, but the idea still stands.

The play games app is depressing. I counted 65 games that I've purchased out of which I've completed less than 10. That's a worse ratio than my steam backlog :(

ash_ag

The play games app is depressing. I counted 65 games that I've purchased out of which I've completed less than 10. That's a worse ratio than my steam backlog :(
The biggest problem is that there is a lot of shovelware and non-games in the list that you potentially downloaded while fooling around. For example, my list has stuff like Talking Dinosaurs and that Ginger cat that I downloaded for my cousin. It would be wonderful if there was a smart filter that distincted actual games you got busy with -- or even better, manual categorization à la Steam. I suppose that a filter for games that use Play Games API will eventually come, but even if future games support it, there will still be older ones that won't get updated.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Because Google are stupid and silly and haven't made a section for it, or even any indication, anyone up for trying to make a consolidated list for games that have Play Games support?

(that reserved post could be used for this hoho)

edit: well the play games app does consolidate things a bit, but the idea still stands.

Yeah, I will make a list later today.

ILoveBish

Retroarch is the only emu you need. Free, best performance (runs native not java), and has all the major emu cores in one app.

Vorg

Banned
Retroarch is the only emu you need. Free, best performance (runs native not java), and has all the major emu cores in one app.

I love retroarch but this isn't actually true. Some retroarch cores are slower or have other performance issues compared to other emulators. There are some emulators worth buying like fpse and epsxe.

zeitgeist

Awesome! I have been using a few but this is kind of a catch-all which is amazing.

For some reason I am worried that a PSX game will make my phone explode though. Not sure why.

Futureman

I've had my G-Nexus for about a year now and haven't played any games except for Sword & Sworcery.

I need to beat that still.

Just installed thanks to this thread....

-Riptide GP2
-Bobbing: Get Addicted
-Color Zen
-Hanging With Friends
-Subway Surfers

GNex battery gonna cry.

Sorry for the self promotion, but I just released an Android game called "Cook, Serve, Delicious!"

Demo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.vertigogaming.cookservedeliciousdrdemo

Full: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.vertigogaming.cookservedeliciousdrd

Here's a Giantbomb quick look of the game: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-cook-serve-delicious/2300-6702/

Hope y'all enjoy!

I've been waiting for the Android port, bought it not too long after you posted. Works great on my Nexus 7 (2012). Plays great too, started it up after I bought it to try it out and ended up playing for almost two hours. After some more play sessions, I've finally made it to the 1-star restaurant. Cook, Serve, Delicious! is definitely a great deal at $2.99. Highly recommended.

Amon37

So mobage released their P&D clone Monster Match. While I'm enjoying it for some reason its a super battery hog as in it will drain the battery while its plugged into the charger.

I have an S3 ATT.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I've had my G-Nexus for about a year now and haven't played any games except for Sword & Sworcery.

I need to beat that still.

Just installed thanks to this thread....

-Riptide GP2
-Bobbing: Get Addicted
-Color Zen
-Hanging With Friends
-Subway Surfers

GNex battery gonna cry.

While researching games for the thread, I came across so many good titles that I never knew about. That was the most frustrating thing about the older thread. The inability to look up games without having to dig back through pages.

So mobage released their P&D clone Monster Match. While I'm enjoying it for some reason its a super battery hog as in it will drain the battery while its plugged into the charger.

I have an S3 ATT.

I looked up the game, doesn't appear anyone else is having those issues. And it doesn't look like a graphics heavy game. Its only this game that causes those problems?

Amon37

I looked up the game, doesn't appear anyone else is having those issues. And it doesn't look like a graphics heavy game. Its only this game that causes those problems?

It is the only game that does it but that's not to say it couldnt be something weird with my phone since its not on a stock ROM.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nice. Now where's my Animal Crossing clone?

Rashid

Banned
World of Goo is a brilliant game, been playing it on my phone, great sound and the controls are amazing. It was the first indie title I ever wanted, I saw my cousin playing it on his Wii but never got it so snapped it up for my Xperia Z. the only negative is that on the 1080p display the icons are veeeery small.

ILoveBish

I love retroarch but this isn't actually true. Some retroarch cores are slower or have other performance issues compared to other emulators. There are some emulators worth buying like fpse and epsxe.

I cannot believe you've tried out psx on retroarch and said this. Fpse is awful and epsxe is a paid app that doesn't run even close. Just make sure to put bios file in folder where your games are for best compatibility. I get full 60fps with tekken 3 on my note 2 with no frame skip which is not possible for me in fpse.

Awesome! I have been using a few but this is kind of a catch-all which is amazing.

For some reason I am worried that a PSX game will make my phone explode though. Not sure why.

You can see retroarch in action for psx here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4xQsgVSns

Its really awesome. Check out the other videos from the same guy for the emulator cores.

reKon

Banned
Kingdom rush is probably the best tower defense game I've played. I've been playing the shit out of it on my HTC One and I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot more when the nexus 7 comes because of the bigger size. I've probably put 4 to 5 hours into it.

Wthermans

Banned
Anyone comment on a good action RPG?

Ravensword Shadowlands looks good, anyone recommend it?

IIRC it's made by the same people that did Aralon and I am loving Aralon. Ravensword and Bard's Tale are two adventure/RPG games I'm planning to purchase once I get bored of my current round of games.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Castaway Paradise seems to be "inspired" by Animal Crossing.

Is it wrong that it really bothers me when clones are this shameless?

They...they didn't even try to make it different.

I found the dev. He posts on GAF. I got no response to my excited PM. I don't care that it's a clone because I can't otherwise play Animal Crossing on my Nexus.

RM8

It's okay. Because real Animal Crossing is selling amazingly :D I only dislike the idea of these clones because they might eat into the sales of the real games.

Groof

Sorry for the self promotion, but I just released an Android game called "Cook, Serve, Delicious!"

Demo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.vertigogaming.cookservedeliciousdrdemo

Full: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.vertigogaming.cookservedeliciousdrd

Here's a Giantbomb quick look of the game: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-cook-serve-delicious/2300-6702/

Hope y'all enjoy!

How the hell did I miss this post! I've been aching to try out this game ever since I saw that QL. Great to see there's an Android version!
Just beat the demo and thought it was great, I'll be buying the full version for sure. Will you be implementing any of the Google Play Services? edit: Just saw the icon in the bottom left corner. I see you already support it with achievements! Wonder why the store page doesn't say anything...

Great to hear. I have a N4 as well and wasn't sure how it would run on it. How does it control?
It's so simple that Sega doesn't had any way to screw it. You just have the left and right directional buttons on one side and the accelerate and break/reverse on the other, but you still can do the crazy drift, crazy spin, etc (all the "crazy" stuff) . And it feels very responsive to me.

Vorg

Banned
I cannot believe you've tried out psx on retroarch and said this. Fpse is awful and epsxe is a paid app that doesn't run even close. Just make sure to put bios file in folder where your games are for best compatibility. I get full 60fps with tekken 3 on my note 2 with no frame skip which is not possible for me in fpse.

You can see retroarch in action for psx here.

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4xQsgVSns[/url]

Its really awesome. Check out the other videos from the same guy for the emulator cores.

Both epsxe and fpse work great in my experience and both support open gl plugins which allow the use of stuff like texture filtering and anti aliasing, which rearmed does not (at least the latest version I tried). And yeah I have them all installed ín my tablet.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Guys,play ending, it's too awesome

Top Bottom