• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

Morue

Very good but too short. Looking forward to E3 for some gameplay and - crossing fingers - a 2012 release date...

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Very good but too short. Looking forward to E3 for some gameplay and - crossing fingers - a 2012 release date...

It is better for ND to release it early next year. It is a new IP and releasing it in the holidays will mean it will be buried beneath Halo and COD.

Have they mentioned what they are looking for by heading west? Like what the main goal is? I know they are running from the government (or what's left of it) but running where?

Morue

It is better for ND to release it early next year. It is a new IP and releasing it in the holidays will mean it will be buried beneath Halo and COD.

Guess you're right :/ Sad for people like me who don't give a damn about Halo and co...

This will undoubtedly be worth the wait anyway and fortunately, there are other great games for the end of the year...

Sojgat

This looks better every time they show something new. I just want Sony to know, that if it wasn't for Naughty Dog, I would have packed away my PS3 long ago.

Cyberia

I REALLY love the artistic direction, all the subtle details of the characters and environment. Naught Gods indeed.

Everyone seems to be having the same idea, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 are all being released in early 2013 and we haven't even seen the games announced at E3 yet.

spats

ctrl+f tampons

hmm

Really excited to see gameplay though. I'm sure it'll be technically competent, so it's the structure and mechanics that I'm more excited about.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ellie's "NOT GOOD!" quip was lame. Uncharted has enough people spouting dry one liners to cover Naughty Dog forever.

Still pretty interested in this, if just for what I'm hoping is a more involved and less combat focused experience than Uncharted. The design of the fungus zombie is brilliant, so I'm really interested to see Naughty Dog's take on a post apocalyptic world.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Metalmurphy said:
"ingame" engine
Why the quotes? They carry over the standard realtime-rendering artifacts (at least in this trailer), and we're talking things that wold be easily fixable offline (if they had an intention to cheat).

Why the quotes? They carry over the standard realtime-rendering artifacts (at least in this trailer), and we're talking things that wold be easily fixable offline (if they had an intention to cheat).

Don't bother with skeptics, not worth it. It will likely be the best looking game in console history once it comes out.

Ellie's "NOT GOOD!" quip was lame. Uncharted has enough people spouting dry one liners to cover Naughty Dog forever.

Still pretty interested in this, if just for what I'm hoping is a more involved and less combat focused experience than Uncharted. The design of the fungus zombie is brilliant, so I'm really interested to see Naughty Dog's take on a post apocalyptic world.

I'm just afraid of Naughty Dog not going far enough away from the typical action/adventure structure. At the end of the day, they're a company that has to make money and I doubt they can do something really fresh and fuck over players wanting a co-op zombie action game.

I really hope they do it, and leave behind the mentality of a game having to be "fun" to play, and focus on something bigger then that, but it's just hard to see them go that direction right now.

tusken77

Incredible. And goddamn, Sony must have so many things to show at E3 when they're able to casually reveal something this stunning out of nowhere.

zoukka

I'm just afraid of Naughty Dog not going far enough away from the typical action/adventure structure. At the end of the day, they're a company that has to make money and I doubt they can do something really fresh and fuck over players wanting a co-op zombie action game.

I really hope they do it, and leave behind the mentality of a game having to be "fun" to play, and focus on something bigger then that, but it's just hard to see them go that direction right now.

It's an impossible scenario where ND would compromise "fun" for anything else. The game will be widely approachable, action oriented, character driven adventure shooter.

Hoping something else is just self-deception.

iratA

Freakin Amazing! ND have my money already. Just put the circle thingy with a hole in it, inside a fancy box with a pretty picture on it and send it to my local marketplace, so I can exchange money for happiness.

ND.... oh ND, You drive me crazy I just can't sleep, Im so excited, I'm in too deep.

Ohh ND...crazy, but it feels alright!! Baby, thinking of your AWESOME games keeps me up all night <3

Release it this holiday PLEASE ;_;

UrbanRats

You mean pre-recorded in-engine? Basically a Bink movie? Uncharted cutscenes were not realtime? (Like say Ico where you can move the camera a bit)

Uncharted cutscenes were pre-rendered, yeah.
Infact, the model swap in UC2 wouldn't work on them and the graphics were quite better than in-game graphics.

Drencrom

You mean pre-recorded in-engine? Basically a Bink movie? Uncharted cutscenes were not realtime? (Like say Ico where you can move the camera a bit)

Most of the cutscenes are FMV's to decrease loading times.

Eh. DayZ already does this, with real players at that.

So?

ND.... oh ND, You drive me crazy I just can't sleep, Im so excited, I'm in too deep.

Ohh ND...crazy, but it feels alright!! Baby, thinking of your AWESOME games keeps me up all night <3

Release it this holiday PLEASE ;_;

What the actual fuck..

Eh. DayZ already does this, with real players at that.

I think I'm one of the highest posters in that thread. You don't need to sell me on that :p

This will never touch what DayZ does best, HOWEVER I would be very interested in seeing how far ND go in a certain direction considering this game is the complete opposite of DayZ (Linear, single player, etc)

cameron

PSY&#12539;S;37913047 said:
iXosiFZqS8KZg.gif

Awesome.

I hope we get to see some decent game play footage at E3. I don't want any behind-closed-doors-press-only-amazing-playable-demo-but-here-are-some-screenshots-for-you nonsense.

Drencrom

Awesome.

I hope we get to see some decent game play footage at E3. I don't want any behind-closed-doors-press-only-amazing-playable-demo-but-here-are-some-screenshots-for-you nonsense.

The game director (Neil Druckmann) said that they "have something ready at E3 that will please our fans".

V_Ben

Banned
Awesome.

You can bet that Sony will open their conference with this, and close with god of war.

Irish

"Not good" is some kind of witty quip now? The fuck?

Sounds like a perfectly normal response right alongside 'Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking shit damn' when you see a bigass bus hurtling towards you.

"Not good" is some kind of witty quip now? The fuck?

Sounds like a perfectly normal response right alongside 'Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fucking shit damn' when you see a bigass bus hurtling towards you.

It's not a witty quip, but no one says "Not good!" to anything...

So they actually modelled Ellie on Ellen Page before, and now changed it because of possible lawsuit?

Why not just pay Ellen Page to voice it, too? Sony got the dough, right?

Tim Schafer did this with Brutal Legend. Many film directors choose specific actors for specific roles.

Irish

I hear it all the time, especially in situations similar to that one. Hell, 'not good' gets tossed around every night when playing DayZ with the GAF group. Of course, I usually go for the full 'That's not good'.

Ellie looks more like Ashley Johnson than Ellen Page. Until 3/4ths of her face is completely covered by forehead, I don't think I will ever see the Page comparison.

GlamFM

Banned
The only reason I still have my PS3.

This is from the team behind Uncharted 2 NOT 3 right?

If so this game will be fan tas tic.

It's not a witty quip, but no one says "Not good!" to anything...

It's that John Mcclane/Indiana Jones kind of attitude that they had in Drake, as well. It fits well with the action/adventure sort of games they create. It's not realistic, but when she said that it made me smile, not roll my eyes. Same thing with Drake when he's losing grip and he goes "oh shit oh shit oh shit..." etc

So they actually modelled Ellie on Ellen Page before, and now changed it because of possible lawsuit?

Why not just pay Ellen Page to voice it, too? Sony got the dough, right?

Tim Schafer did this with Brutal Legend. Many film directors choose specific actors for specific roles.

Who said anything about a lawsuit?

How long until Hollywood makes a movie out of this.

Quickest movie remake ever?

Oh, ahem, I mean quickest "experience" remake ever?

[troll_face]

Nah, I'm j/p but I really hope they set the tone of this world IN gameplay rather than through cutscenes. Something like this trailer is fine to show traversal to a new on foot section, but I want to see some real emotion + survivalist stuff while I'm in control. I thought I Am Alive had some great gameplay ideas that I wouldn't mind ND straight up stealing and perfecting for The Last Of Us.

WinFonda

This game is gonna be something else, ain't it?

And just knowing how Naughty Dog develops games, right where that cutscene ends, that's where the gameplay begins, in that wrecked truck with thugs closing in all around joel and ellie. sogood :)

solarus

Incredible. And goddamn, Sony must have so many things to show at E3 when they're able to casually reveal something this stunning out of nowhere.
Hopefully but nowadays it seems like they always blow their load the month before e3. I'm sure they did that the last two years.

Duuke

Looks fantastic. Hopefully there'll be gameplay shown at E3.

When the hashtag came up at the end, did anyone elses dyslexia kick in and read #The Las Tofus?

Top Bottom