• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestar.de: The vultures are circling over Crytek [Up3: Eurogamer/Kotaku jump in]

Dryk

Anyway, each month they have told their employees a date which they were going to pay out salaries but still didn't do.
Those employees really need to get this sorted out ASAP because when Crytek goes under that money could very well disappear.

Sorry for the bump, but were there any updates on Crytek after all this nonsense happened last year? Did they dramatically slash the size of their company? Did we find out where the mystery cash injection came from? Are they working on any new games, or are all their eggs in the engine/Hunt/Arena baskets? I'm sure they earned a tidy amount of money from selling Homefront/Crytek UK, but if they're still 400-500 employees they'll still have a massive outlay in just salaries each month.

DieH@rd

Banned
There were no updates.

They have sold Crytek UK and Crytek USA [RIP Vigil], started paying everyone and probably forbid remaining staff to talk to media ever again in their lives.

There were no updates.

They have sold Crytek UK and Crytek USA [RIP Vigil], started paying everyone and probably forbid remaining staff to talk to media ever again in their lives.

Thanks dude. I'd find it interesting if Kotaku/Schreier did a follow-up, maybe as a 'one year later' article, to see how they're doing now they've slimmed down a bit and what their plans are for the future of the company (and whether they're prepared for Arena of Fate to fail horribly).

If I were Yerli, I'd sell Ryse to MS on the condition that Crytek develop the sequel, and see if anyone's interested in Crysis - maybe Sony or EA. They're obviously not going to do anything with either brand any time soon.

Top Bottom