• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

I know you and your fave arent coming for mine. You still waiting for that album?
brit18.gif

Her fave is the one your fave needs to try to come for, actually.

Bitch, Britney and GaGa (as much as I dont like her) are Top Tier Pop™

You should be coming for Ke$ha and Perra, not these Goddesses of Pop.

I would respond, but I'm too distracted.
9deUP.gif

The Holy Spearit is the most progressive, visionary and innovative pop goddess on the planet. Your tears of envy are her very life elixir and will only serve to make her more powerful and formidable so just keep weeping them for all eternity. She drinks them up until there is nothing left of you but an empty soulless husk.

http://h13.abload.de/img/britney-party-blower--me20.gif

tTe9C.gif

Kyon

Banned
Her fave is the one your fave needs to try to come for, actually.

i like Leona lmfao no hate here as you can see by my post. :p

only person i really dont like in Pop music is Perra, love the music but just her eh..

But i embrace all artists i always like discovering new songs and artists :)

Mumei

i like Leona lmfao no hate here as you can see by my post. :p

only person i really dont like in Pop music is Perra, love the music but just her eh..

But i embrace all artists i always like discovering new songs and artists :)

I only meant that Leona is not her fave; Mariah is.

Mumei speaks the truth. While Leona is without argument the best of the post-millennial bunch, only the Sirens themselves can compare to prime mid-90s Mariah.

crown.gif
THE QUEEN
crown.gif

6v46s.jpg

Has there been anyone else with that kind of vocal talent who has had, on the whole, a career as successful as Mariah's? I can't think of any.

don't say Barbra I will flip

Has there been anyone else with that kind of vocal talent who has had, on the whole, a career as successful as Mariah's? I can't think of any.

don't say Barbara I will flip
Early MJ showed the potential for that level of greatness, but his voice became really thin and nasally as he got older. And he way, way overused those famous vocal tics of his.

Mumei

don't say Barbara I will flip

Whitney is about as talented overall; better in some areas (head voice, consistent vibrato, the ringing quality of her voice, better at pulling off intense belts, intonation etc.); worse in others (range, piercing projection, versatility, anything relating to agility (runs / melisma / register switching), lower register, flexibility / freedom in highest belts); and about the same in still others (breath support, pitch, dynamics, sustaining notes).

And I think there's certainly an argument that despite the disparity in sales estimates favoring Mariah slightly (200 million vs 170 million) that Whitney was bigger at her peak.

Early MJ showed the potential for that level of greatness, but his voice became really thin and nasally as he got older. And he way, way overused those famous vocal tics of his.

I actually sent a PM to royalan about this last night, since it was a random thought I was having about MJ and possible vocal damage (since his voice just seemed to lose all of the fullness and resonance he had as a child (and even as a teenager, as in that performance). I might have talked to you about it once upon a time since it was the first time I had been thinking of it.

And that performance of Who's Lovin' You is cute. But this is what you should have linked to.

Mumei

I couldn't get past it.

Even if I was fucking someone with his taste I would just erupt with laughter, make a snide comment then hold up a screen with AlexisCarringtonsmoking.gif on it.

You're right. I rethought my comment and had to withdraw it.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ibratAlAduLc5G.jpg

you pressed gurls are too much,

but yall better get back on topic and leave the personal attacks cause you know what that might do
tumblr_m24hfku52N1qze8f7.gif

although I did enjoy some of the dragging
iBD6RrSaWM6vi.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
step aside gents, i've got this covered

hey inthezone how are you can we be friends and hold hands hee

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ib1zd36mehqr2i.gif

The Queen is Breaking Records once again

“MDNA” album had the biggest second week drop in chart history last week, I am told. When all the numbers are in on Tuesday night, “MDNA” will have fallen from number 1 by 88%–from 359,000 copies in its first week to roughly 46,000 the second week. Wow. The first week’s sales, as I revealed exclusively (and then the New York Post lifted it from us), most of Madonna’s first week sales were CDs that were included in the sale of concert tickets.

slaying the record books, I cant
tumblr_lh4zsn8eJc1qzjix8.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

DMeisterJ

Banned
http://i.minus.com/ib1zd36mehqr2i.gif[IMG]

[URL="http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/09/madonna-mdna-will-have-biggest-second-week-drop-in-chart-history/"]The Queen is Breaking Records once again[/URL]

slaying the record books, I cant
[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh4zsn8eJc1qzjix8.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

This post gave me life. Such an amazing amount of shade done in an almost classy way. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom