• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey Collector's Edition confirmed (New Details)

Why is Sony doing this? Did all 3 games bomb or something?
FryNotSureIfKiddingOr.gif

Seriously? Why WOULDN'T they do this? Lots of people don't buy games on PSN (or XBLA for that matter) and this retail disc release will only widen the market and audience.

I see no problem with this. Day one for me. Haven't played any of those games (besides flower demo).

StuBurns

Banned
That cover is an offense to the senses, it's like the most beautiful game ever. They're not quite pulling some Ico shit, but it's pretty rotten.

Duffyside

Banned
Why is Sony doing this? Did all 3 games bomb or something?

... Nooo? Journey is the most successful PSN game ever, and Flower was damn successful to. They're doing it because of the success of Journey, not the other way around. Grab the last bit of people who didn't buy it because they are against downloading games, for some reason, or prefer to have a disc on a shelf, and then double-dip on those of us who see some of this extra content and say "I MUST HAVE THIS."

... I MUST HAVE THIS. Developer commentary? Another chance to support Journey, perhaps the best game of this generation, which I would have happily paid many times its asking price to experience?

takemymoney.jpg

Carl

3 of my favourite games of the generation with a 30 minute interview and developer commentary? AND the OSTs?

Sold.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think Sony need to release more PSN collections and not just studio based ones, Infamous: Festival of Blood,Dark Mist,Dead Nation,Super Stardust HD on one disc can be good.

jimi_dini

+30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
+Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
+Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
+Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
+Original soundtracks for all three games
+Official game trailers and developer diary videos

If any of this is downloadable instead of on-disc for the EU release, I will punch someone in the face.

Zia

Those mini-games sound a little more throwaway than I'd have liked (was hoping for Cloud, or a failed prototype), but everything sounds pretty good, particularly for $30. Want to see some menus and reversible cover art!

Edit: Will trophies and saves carry over?

Endo Punk

Those mini-games sound a little more throwaway than I'd have liked (was hoping for Cloud, or a failed prototype), but everything sounds pretty good, particularly for $30. Want to see some menus and reversible cover art!

Edit: Will trophies and saves carry over?

What minigames?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What minigames?
Another great feature included on the disc are the three exclusive mini-games born out of a thatgamecompany tradition: the 24hr Game Jam. As the name implies, each game was created by us, start to finish, in 24 hours. So for the first time ever, thatgamecompany’s mini-games, Gravediggers, Duke War!!, and Nostril Shot, will be available to play outside of our studio.

We share these mini-games as a “thank you” to our players for supporting us over the years. In case the names didn’t already give it away, these mini-games showcase thatgamecompany’s lighter side with madcap competitive multiplayer action. We hope you sincerely enjoy their silliness as much as we have.

untitleduedb8.png

Yesss! Definitely ordering this as soon as I can. I'm so glad they didn't go with some bloated and useless packaging with useless extras that I would never touch. This is exactly what I wanted!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Theyre including that game jam minigame? Woo! That sounded fun as hell when they were describing it...I can't wait to play it.

I'm guessing they had to get rid of all the Mario sound effects, hah.

Weird that it's called Journey Collector's Edition when it includes all of thatgamecompany's PSN titles. They should have given it a more all-encompassing name, like The Ambient Collection or something.

Anyway, thinking I'll probably get this, despite already owning Flower and Journey.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow. I really hope they mean "art not final." That looks like shit. I'll buy it cuz I haven't played any of these games yet (though I don't particularly care about Flow or Flower), but I wouldn't mind the package looking a bit prettier.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
$29.99!

*faints*

Day one, and my most anticipated game of the year! Haven't played any of the three (don't have the ability to download them), so can't fricken wait!

thatgamecompany

presents

thatgamecollection

Throw that onto some artwork that looked like this:

but with a pond at the bottom containing Flow organisms.
Done.

How hard would it've been?
Ugh.

from thatgamecompanys FB page
From a marketing standpoint, the best thing to do is sell it as the Journey Collector's Edition. A lot more people know about Journey than flOw, Flower, and thatgamecompany combined. All of your concerns were addressed long ago, and what is happening is the best decision.

Duffyside

Banned
$29.99!

*faints*

Day one, and my most anticipated game of the year! Haven't played any of the three (don't have the ability to download them), so can't fricken wait!

While I'm happy for you, Journey is about a million times better with an internet connection...

So while it will still be your game of the year, it might not be your game of the forever. Just a warning. :D

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
While I'm happy for you, Journey is about a million times better with an internet connection...

So while it will still be your game of the year, it might not be your game of the forever. Just a warning. :D

:/

Yeah it sucks, I know, and I can only imagine how it would be with an internet connection. But I plan to move into town by the beginning of 2013 so maybe then I will be able to finally play the online experience with Journey (assuming people still play and the servers are still up). But just the chance to finally be able to play these three games is enough to get me giddy with excitement!

Top Bottom