• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Okay. I'm not quite done reading, but...

[m] oreomunsta - New – MDT
I think oreo and I would agree on some things, except he’s read me as possibly scummy, so… /stare

[m] Nomadic Sparks - New – CST
Didn’t realize that Sparks is new. This makes me much more suspicious than I was otherwise, because the other new players tend to be more willing to bend when someone disagrees with them. Maybe Sparks is just stubborn, maybe he’s played elsewhere-Mafia with some very different strategies, but the unwillingness to really discuss now reads as suspicious to me. Even his defense of himself is defensive and almost angry – why continue this approach when it doesn’t seem to be working? (then again, that could mean town) There was also that slip about “lynching YOUR own.” Which is a very small thing and on its own, would not be noticed. But combined with someone who, like me, wants to be a post editor… I’m leaning scum. Maybe not enough for a day-one, but strong candidate for a lynching soon. It took an awful lot to finally get a hedging “fair enough” after a lot of arguing.

[f] hey_monkey - New – EST
The most fabulous, obviously. Most fabulous fuck-up, anyway – I’m getting a better feel for all of this, though. Bear with me, please.

[m] rac - New – EST
Dry wit, not sure he’s trying to make people like him. Really not sure overall if it’s just new player finding his way or if he’s trying to be overcautious, which would read scum.

[m] 30yearsofhurt - New - GMT+10
also voted rac early. Concerned re: swamped and 30 working together.

[m] Poltergust - New – EST
Voted immediately. Overall, the most suspicious behavior consistently. Is it because new? Is it because unsure of how to act? Is it because scum and unsure how to act? High suspicion but not quite willing to call scum yet.

[m] Bowlie - GMT-3
Called out Poltergust’s immediate vote. But I think the actions, so far, seem potentially productive. Holding out real judgment.

[m] SkyOdin – PDT
Also went immediately aggressive. But made a lot of clear points.

[m] Palmer_v1 – CST
Palmer’s been so all over the place that I’m not sure. And that makes me worry.

[m] ultron87 – EST
I get relatively helpful feelins on ultron so far. But there’s not enough to tell – just some questions and answers.

[m] cabot - GMT+1
Had forgotten cabot started off with a vote – the attention all went to squidyj but that was because cabot voted for squidy immediately. Was this to force conversation or do they know something we don’t? Looking back, I can’t tell if it was irreverent or planned. However, cabot’s continued actions makes me thing it’s all provocative, down to the thorough breakdowns.

Defending Dragonz, which seems suspicious.

[m] Zubz – EST
Fluff, but informed fluff. Some narrowed-eyes/not quite accusations. I do not agree with Dragonz-senpai’s early assessment, which makes me suspicious of her, but possibly because I was already suspicious.

[m] Dusk Soldier – EST
I’m leaning scum here because Dusk seems really focused on very specific things. That reads like a strategy to me and day one focus like this looks like scum. Maybe it’s consistent with past behavior. But there’s also aggression. The cabot-chat thing is the single most suspiscious act so far for me. It felt like a curve ball - maybe it's based on old behaviors or no, but for me, it sticks out bigtime.

[m] Cewyn – EST
Not sure about the sloth. Seems productively helpful but I’m just not certain.

[m] BlackBuzzard – CET
Was the first to call out Dragonz, based on defense of squidyj as a jokester. I suspect Dragonz-senpai but do believe squidy is joking, so this dismissal/accusation reads suspicious to me.

[m] Haly – EST
Lots of people had interesting opinions on Haly but I got nothing. I get no read at all. I’d like to hear others’ analysis here. Feels maybe too casual to me. Could be cautious scum. Not sure.

[m] squidyj – MST
ALL squidy’s early posts were silly/irreverent. No longer think anything of the cop play as a tell. I was really concerned about this move because it felt layered – and I do still think there was a strategy behind it, but I think it was an on-the-fly “strategy,” a sort of “well, this is happening, what can I do with it.” I do not support a day-one lynch at all and I don’t think I’ll budge on that. We can watch him, though. After today, I consider it a whole new game.

[m] TheExodu5 – EST
I’m biased because you voted for me based on super flimsy reasoning and then mostly bounced. But you’re busy so I’m gonna let it go. I hope you can be more active and productive soon.

[f] WhereAreMahDragonz – MST
Called for peeking, or at least agreed to. That was first real move from her. Lots of fun and fluff. Lots of calling specific people out for their reads. The willingness to claim raised flags. Looking back – I’m also curious because she corrected me because her role is senpai. Is that a lowkey town claim? Gaijin-scum would not be senpai. Or is it a reference to her veteran status? She did say ROLE.

Re-reads again: didn’t quite CALL for peeking. Didn’t quite promise to claim. Didn’t quite want to vote for a while. The hesitancy under guise of good cheer and “helpful” posts asking for others reads leads scum to me, but I’m also maybe uncomfortable with a lynch here today. Not just because I like Dragonz-senpai’s faces. ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)
(they won’t protect you forever; if you’re with us, be with us.)

[f] Swamped – EST
voted rac early for a loose reason – trying to get a rise? I’ve gone back and forth on my re-reads. At this point I’m only willing to say she’s a savvy player and that few-posts per day strategy leaves her a bit question mark for me.

[m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12
Seems helpful and has good insight.

[m] Kyanrute - GMT+2
I find Kyanrute as suspicious but it may just be his posting style. But it seems designed to deflect and instigate and I read that as scum.

Kevyt

I think lynching Dragonz today is a mistake. I can't quite put on my finger on whether she's town, scum or perhaps even neutral with a victory condition? Anyways, I am enjoying her contribution to the game and her flavor is on point.

With that said, I can see why some are voting for her but I find it that the case against her does not fully convince me. It's best we give the benefit of the doubt to the most active players.

Kyanrute

im somewhat suspicious about the fact that ppl manage to form a read about me

there is like a single post that ain't a shitpost

straaaaange

squidyj

the only players i like this game are palmer and cabot.
if cabot's scum he's earning the win.

vote: kyanrute

there is like a single post of his that aint a shitpost.

SkyOdin

There are a few people that have jumped to the defense of other players in surprising ways. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to look into it more, I think.

Do you have anyone specific you would like to point the finger at?

I think you have a point, but I am uncomfortable with how you are making a general point like this without following it up with details. It is a way of looking useful without naming names and identifying potential scum.

Palmer_v1

Do you have anyone specific you would like to point the finger at?

I think you have a point, but I am uncomfortable with how you are making a general point like this without following it up with details. It is a way of looking useful without naming names and identifying potential scum.

I don't want to go into specifics, partly for time issues, and partly cause I'm curious if any of them change their behavior now.

Thanks monkey for sharing your thoughts!

And like you say, we do agree on some things. I'm not liking the secret chat narrative that Dusk pushed with him and Cabot, but I'm still muddling over that one

Palmer_v1

Vote: Oreomunsta

Feels like scum is trying to make something out of nothing in an attempt to gain traction against cabot or dusk.

Maybe because it's the kind of sarcastic thinng I would say, but their comments about a private chat seemed entirely facetious.

Just curious why you think I've been all over the place.
I think you are a very skilled player trying to find entries and get reactions. It's fascination to watch but I can't read it yet. I don't mean it in a negative way. Neutral. Because I can't make a determination yet.

You think the chat thing was not serious? Hmm.

Oh, I didn't finish my notes. Wanted to add that one person I feel safe about right now is SkyOdin. I like his frank style. Feels honest and helpful. For now, at least.

Feels like scum is trying to make something out of nothing in an attempt to gain traction against cabot or dusk.

Maybe because it's the kind of sarcastic thinng I would say, but their comments about a private chat seemed entirely facetious.

Dang D:

In my defence, I'm not interested in voting for either Dusk or Cabot. I don't like the secret chat comments, but not enough to corner either of them with a vote.

I disagree with your implication that Dusk may be joking, but we can leave it at that.

I feel like there are more concerning matters that I'd put my vote down for

rac

Banned
Here we go!

01. [m] oreomunsta - New - MDT - Exuberant. Leaning town cause I feel like scum would have reigned this in.

guess his exuberance wore off?

after two ultron posts you posted

do you just not read him well?

sorry if you answered this but I'm still wondering?

To be fair, his exuberance DID seem to wear off, almost like he was busy getting guidance in a scum chat.

I made a few hiccups at the beginning, so I've been trying to tone it down a little, plus now that the game is afoot, I spend a lot of time reading the posts of others...

... But DO NOT WORRY PALMER, FOR I AM HERE!! >:D

I'm still worried.

I get where you're coming from, but I can't keep up the hype I had at first throughout the whole game :p

If you still feel like the Dusk/Cabot chat was me pushing a narrative, I'll state again that I don't like it, but do feel that there are other things that are more alarming

Palmer_v1

I get where you're coming from, but I can't keep up the hype I had at first throughout the whole game :p

If you still feel like the Dusk/Cabot chat was me pushing a narrative, I'll state again that I don't like it, but do feel that there are other things that are more alarming

It's okay! No tears now, only dreams.

Zubz

Banned
So Nomadic's banned. That makes my later vote less fun...

Sorry for relative inactivity, btw; I got behind at work & have been doing a lot of notes these past couple of days.

Zubz

Banned
01. [m] oreomunsta - Active, but no strong reads. Seems to keep the ball rolling, leaning town.
02. [m] Nomadic Sparks - Er... I was probably going to vote for him, actually, but now unsure about voting for a banned player. He may be new, but he seems very defensive of everything. It could just be a rookie mistake.
03. [it] hatmoza - Wait, did hatzoma mean "gender neutral," or did hatzoma actually say "it?" Whatever the pronoun, hatzoma's not here, so it's best to focus on the replacement when they get here.
04. [f] hey_monkey - She seems very eager, & wants to learn. Probably town?
05. [m] rac - He seems to just slam down on things; I'm slightly leaning scum, but again, it could just be little rookie things.
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - Seems defensive of all suspicion & deflective, which reads scummy for me. But I'm willing to not push too far... For now.
07. [m] Poltergust - I'm seeing rookie mistakes, but I'm seeing attempts to learn rather than doubling down on antics. I definitely think this guy's town.
08. [m] Bowlie - Went after Poltergust for genuinely suspicious behavior. Leans town, appears consistent.
09. [m] SkyOdin - No opinion.
10. [m] Palmer_v1 - ... It's Palmer. We'll reserve judgement for when people start dying.
11. [m] ultron87 - I've played with Ultron but can't remember anything about him in previous games... Sorry, Ult! Only opinion is that my username on everything was Ultim87 back in high school. Possible clone.
12. [m] cabot - He's the towniest townsfolk we have; hella active & investigative. What're your thoughts about Humanz, btw?
13. [m] Zubz - He's probably the prettiest, smartest, & all around greatest player in the history of GAFia. If we were in some anime high school, he would likely be the boastful class president or something. He's everyone's senpai.
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - Slammed on Dragonz for taking Squidy's antics seriously. Granted, the antics are suspicious, but the strong defense was, too.
15. [m] Cewyn - No opinion
16. [m] BlackBuzzard - No opinion
17. [m] Haly - No opinion, seems consistent with past games.
18. [m] squidyj - Squidy has me thrown for a loop. I expected Squidy to come out swinging, but now he's just acting like a goob & cop claiming. Is he having a Frank Grimes-style breakdown from prolonged exposure to Blarg? I'm going to abide my status as a Mental Health professional & declare it so.
19. [m] TheExodu5 - No opinion
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - She's posting a lot, but a lot of them seem like posts for the sake of posts w/ the emoticon faces. It's good for flavor (& I'm fine with it, short of Blarg during VtM levels of flavor posts) but also makes it harder to read the thread. Possibly Scum? Her claim of having a role-induced honorific was definitely uncouth, too, making me think about voting for her if Nomadic's gone/I'm swayed on Rac.
21. [f] Swamped - Seems like standard Swamped. Very investigative, which is always good for the town.
22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Seems like standard Stanley. No read on either side.
23. [m] Kyanrute - Has only been goofing around. Seems like a lot of fluff; at least my alleged fluff was trying to determine what all we're up against. He acknowledges he's a "shitposter." I'm definitely thinking scum over town.

SkyOdin

I'm more surprised by Zubz's complete lack of a reaction to me voting for him. It didn't even give him an opinion on me. I don't know how to interpret that.

Zubz

Banned
So wait... GAF question here. If someone's banned, does their avatar disappearing mean they don't intend to come back? I've seen banned users keep their avatars, so I'm not sure about this.

Why am I always such a null read!?

It's not null, it's just hard. You're a complicated Corgi. Your new self-declared class president respects that.

... Please don't let this turn into another Ace Attorney Mafia situation where I make a joke & somebody plays the entire game firmly believing I was breadcrumbing that I had their role & repeatedly voted for me even after I clarified it. Salute to any actual class presidents here.

TheExodu5

Banned
Still out of town...travelling all day tomorrow and then I have some house renos to attend to Sunday. By then I will be in full swing and can participate normally.

I assure you I'm not coasting. Simply an unexpected family matter.

I will go over the reads lists and posts later tonight to try to get a solid vote down before the day is out.

Exodus out.

SkyOdin

So wait... GAF question here. If someone's banned, does their avatar disappearing mean they don't intend to come back? I've seen banned users keep their avatars, so I'm not sure about this.

From what I hear, the disappearing avatar doesn't necessarily mean anything. It happens due to a bug that occurs when a user is banned. But don't quote me on that. If Nomadic is banned for more than a couple days, he will likely be replaced regardless of whether or not the ban in permanent, simply to keep the game moving.

Zubz

Banned
I'm more surprised by Zubz's complete lack of a reaction to me voting for him. It didn't even give him an opinion on me. I don't know how to interpret that.

I mean, I can't really knock you for it. I didn't have enough time to analyze the game & was already theorizing a Lover's possibility when I saw we had genders, so I thought that speculation was the best I could offer.

I can't deny it doesn't look into any specific players, though. I can respect someone voting off of that.

The timing on that ban is wild. If I could have called it right now, I'd have guessed NS would have been the final choice today.

Since the current talk is Dragonz versus Nomadic Sparks, I will weigh in a bit.

My first thought is that I doubt that they are both scum. They could be, since two scum attacking each other to distance themselves from each other is a classic scum tactic that has worked well in the past. However, it doesn't strike me as a good idea on Day 1 when it can easily result in one of the two getting lynched by a town with no solid leads. Furthermore, their interaction lacks the... ferocity I would expect from two scum bussing each other. That is just my gut feeling though.

If I had to pick, I would lean towards wherearemydragonz as being slightly more scummy to me. Her quick threat to claim just doesn't look good. The quick counter-vote on Nomadic Sparks also makes her look overly defensive.

On the other hand, I agree with cabot that lynching the thread's most active poster on Day 1 probably isn't a good move. Dragonz doesn't give me the strong scum-hiding-as-town-leader vibes I got from scum-Sorian during Batman Mafia, for example.

So I am currently inclined to say that they are two town who are at each other's throats because we are short on good leads at the moment.

To create a new avenue of discussion, I will vote for someone else.

Vote: zubz

While half the thread is guilty of getting sidelined by mechanics chat last night, you in particular went all in on it. You were not the start of the talk, and you can't even be blamed for getting the ball rolling on it, but you made a bunch of big posts getting into wild speculation on lovers/harem/cupid stuff. I can understand getting into mechanics speculation, but that was some wild speculation.

Your other posts last night also came across as rather fluffy, which doesn't help my read of you.

Reading through the thread and this caught my eye. Can you quote examples of zubs He's been off my radar so anything helps, arigato ୧(๑❛ั⌔❛ั๑)୨ ॢ

Zubz

Banned
The timing on that ban is wild. If I could have called it right now, I'd have guessed NS would have been the final choice today.

Heck, I still might choose him. It's between him, Rac, & Dragonz for me, & the 2 of them that are here can defend themselves.

Damn it Zubz, don't ruin my tempo by posting a second before I finish my joke.

tumblr_n1o61xGoUd1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Zubz

Banned
Reading through the thread and this caught my eye. Can you quote examples of zubs He's been off my radar so anything helps, arigato ୧(๑❛ั⌔❛ั๑)୨ ॢ

I think he's referring to most of my early posts singling out Squidy. Mostly because, regardless of flavor, I came into this game wanting to take him down. Even if we were on an EVIL team, I'd bus push. Just watch me.

The rest of my posts/the brunt of Odin's argument are about last night's shipping conversation.

I guess Nomadick-kun is out. He was my only read so far.

Based on his play I feel confident that he's a Neutral PR.

vote: ultron87

with 24 hours to go the players that most stand out to me...

30yearsofhurt-kun >> has very lazy by the numbers reads

Cewyn-kun >> it bothers me that I can't remember a single thing he's posted

Stan-chan >> I feel like's he's been mostly fluff posting. Almost no scum hunting or mechanics talk. Very quiet this game.

ultron87

Voting off the banned is kind of the easy choice. Hmm. I was kind of hoping for more of a reaction from Sparks after my vote but didn't really get any. I'm gonna take my vote off for right now. Gonna do some reading of the thread now that I'm off work, and see what comes up.

Unvote

Oh and I'm not neutral. Thanks for thinking of me!

hatmoza

Sorry guys. Got hit with the flu 48 hours ago. Mostly slept since then.

I struggled to read through maybe half the posts and then I just began to skim through posts.

I'm not gonna pretend that I was able to deeply comprehend the stacked posts before me, nor am I familiar with any of the players, but I will say this. I'm generally against day 1 lynches ESPECIALLY in bigger games. Odds are against us and we will likely lynch one of our own town.

Squidjy was it? I dunno... claiming cop is usually frowned upon where I've played in the past because of the chance of scum power roles that can block or manipulate your actions. So you become useless. I dunno everyone yet, and I don't know everyone's play style yet. But I already recognize you as a liability and and an attention grabber. Doubly troublesome if you are town because you are going to take away from real scum hunting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Odds are against us and we will likely lynch one of our own town..

It's not, really. It's generally accepted that a "balanced" scum:town ratio is somewhere in the ballpark of 2:9, which will shift depending on powers in play. But what's true for a small game is also true for a large game, our odds aren't any "worse" just because we have a lot of choices.

Voting off the banned is kind of the easy choice. Hmm. I was kind of hoping for more of a reaction from Sparks after my vote but didn't really get any. I'm gonna take my vote off for right now. Gonna do some reading of the thread now that I'm off work, and see what comes up.

Unvote

Oh and I'm not neutral. Thanks for thinking of me!

Looking at what got Sparks banned, too, I'm starting to wonder if his reactions to things were just... normal Sparks. Which makes me suspect less. Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

As for you... not neutral, eh?

Top Bottom