• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Listening to this week's Rebel FM, Ryan O'Donnell is giving Wario64 some insane props for his Crate Box skills. Wario, download this shit and feel your massive ego grow :D

Haha, someone told me on Twitter earlier. Nice

Andriasang just reported that Darius Burst is coming to iOS. It's a Taito game, so I guess we can expect it to be like $13

http://andriasang.com/comzq1/darius_burst_ios/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Taito is working on an iOS version of side scrolling shooter Darius Burst. Titled Darius Burst Second Prologue, the game was announced at yesterday's "Game Music Night: H. VS Zuntata," a music event featuring Sega and Taito's respective sound teams.

According to Famitsu.com's mobile site, the new game have new music from Zuntata. The site was not able to secure details beyond this, but did score first screens.

"Darius Burst" previously appeared on PlayStation Portable as a 2009 side-scrolling shooter. There's also an arcade version that's known for its super wide screen. It's unclear if the iOS version is based off these versions.

soldat7

Hey guys,

Been trying to remember the ipad Strategy game like FInal Fantasy Tactics but it was in development and i forgot the name of it. Wanted to know if it was released yet. Heard a lot of good buzz but then it got quiet.

Maybe not what you're looking for, but don't pass up on Ravenmark. There's a demo too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Does it ever get any better? I tried various levels on my friends iPad up to around chapter 13, it seemed really boring and easy.

Only hard levels are the extreme levels. The game is fun if you're willing to attack the leaderboards, otherwise it would be boring

Tailzo

I rarely reply in these IOS threads, but I wanted to mention that I find the threads really helpful and I aporeciate everyone contributing to the threads :)

I rarely reply in these IOS threads, but I wanted to mention that I find the threads really helpful and I aporeciate everyone contributing to the threads :)

Well first of all it's called iOS not IOS.

Totally kidding! Happy reading. Feel free to offer any of your own recommendations, too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh, I think I see how you guys score really high in Temple Run. I will be #1 within a week on GAF list. Maybe. :p

Is Puzzlejuice still fun if I suck at word games? I got WELDER and Spelltower and stopped playing them like after a couple days. Hesitant in getting another word game to waste money on

After buying the game before I left for work, I quickly convinced 2 coworkers to buy the game on the spot while playing during a lunch break.

I then very nearly threw my iPad across the train on my way home in frustration.

This game is compelling.

The game is fantastic, but definitely a real challenge. A lot of times it seems like there's only one way to set up everything right-otherwise you lose the round.

Grecco

Oh, I think I see how you guys score really high in Temple Run. I will be #1 within a week on GAF list. Maybe. :p

Is Puzzlejuice still fun if I suck at word games? I got WELDER and Spelltower and stopped playing them like after a couple days. Hesitant in getting another word game to waste money on

Its more of a tetris clone with word elements than a word game i think. Fun though cause you have 2 things at the same time.

Huff

Banned

I'm really bad at word games, and it is alright. I'm using the game to try and get better at them. On easy mode, it's slow enough that you're not going to keep getting game overs because of not finding words

Lee N

Membre
Its more of a tetris clone with word elements than a word game i think. Fun though cause you have 2 things at the same time.
Mind you, it's not a particularly good Tetris implementation… it's the word hunting that keeps me coming back to it.

Lee N

Membre
Its not a particularly goood word game either. Its the mish mash that does it imo.
True, it's accepting all kinds of weird words.

edit: Just pulled this one off in EURO EXTREME MODE…

T3tmL.png

Tailzo

Well first of all it's called iOS not IOS.

Totally kidding! Happy reading. Feel free to offer any of your own recommendations, too.

Thank you :)

I might sound a bit boring, but modt if all, I play Wordfeud online against friends. I love how it's iOS / android cross compatible too :)

bubnbob

Banned
Hey guys,

Been trying to remember the ipad Strategy game like FInal Fantasy Tactics but it was in development and i forgot the name of it. Wanted to know if it was released yet. Heard a lot of good buzz but then it got quiet.

World Without End, which was being pimped on Kickstarter and such. But nobody actually cares to buy iOS games let alone fund one, so it died and withered away.

If this isn't it then... no clue

Zeth

People should get /escape\. Someone made a thread for the flash version a few months ago and I was addicted. I think the iOS version recently came out. It's a lot like Ninjump and a bunch of others whose names escape me, but you're climbing between two walls avoiding obstacles going for high scores.

GeekyDad

Well, I'm not too big a man to admit when I'm wrong, and yeah, Run Roo Run is pretty damned charming. Not going to argue about how good or bad the gameplay is -- it is what it is. But I think the thing that makes the game make me smile, at least, is that it's just so damned polished in all the right places. Whether I'm zipping through the levels, perusing the overworld map, or simply enjoying the music on the title screen as the little Roo dude runs by, it's just a very satisfying experience. Only tried it because someone mentioned it was on freemyapps, so I figured there was no excuse not to. Glad I did.

Shaneus

People should get /escape\. Someone made a thread for the flash version a few months ago and I was addicted. I think the iOS version recently came out. It's a lot like Ninjump and a bunch of others whose names escape me, but you're climbing between two walls avoiding obstacles going for high scores.
I will do whatever you say as long as you have that avatar.

Zeth

I will do whatever you say as long as you have that avatar.

I see you have good taste.

Really though, Escape is super fun, and very skill based. I was worried it wouldn't translate to touch well after having the precision of keyboard input, but I quickly posted a high score of ~370.

I should post a link to the free flash version but I'm posting from phone atm.

conman

Does it ever get any better? I tried various levels on my friends iPad up to around chapter 13, it seemed really boring and easy.
It's only easy if you're just trying to pass the level. The real strategies and techniques emerge when you're competing for spots on the leaderboards. There's a lot more to it than first appears. IMO this is one of the best games on the platform.

I've only got a few people on my friends list playing, so if anyone's playing, feel free to add: Hypops.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lolwut, Temple Run totally just trolled me. It gave me a gap that was unjumpable, a gap large enough to require 2 jump lengths but there was nothing to jump on to do a double jump. What

BearChair

Hey guys,

I just got my first Ipad. What are the must have games I need to get? I downloaded the demo versions of some of the Cave shooters, Pheonix Wright and Puzzle Agent.

I have $6 left on my iTunes gift card. What should I pick up with that money?

I love Scramble With Friends but random people keep quitting on me after I beat them in round 1 by even a little. I love the game, but the coin mechanic is utterly bizarre.

Shaneus

lolwut, Temple Run totally just trolled me. It gave me a gap that was unjumpable, a gap large enough to require 2 jump lengths but there was nothing to jump on to do a double jump. What
Can you double-tap mid air to invoke the wings? I'm never quick enough to be able to do it, but I can never work out whether you need to be on the ground for them to work.

Zeth

re: Puzzlejuice

The game desperately needs a shortcut for dropping bricks. The slide method inevitably causes me to accidentally switch columns. Nearly unplayable in a car on iPad as well lol.

Please tell me I'm missing something. I replayed the tutorial to double check.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Maaaan, I want The Quest and Mage Gauntlet. They look pretty darn good as far as iPhone RPGs go.

I see you have good taste.

Really though, Escape is super fun, and very skill based. I was worried it wouldn't translate to touch well after having the precision of keyboard input, but I quickly posted a high score of ~370.

I should post a link to the free flash version but I'm posting from phone atm.

Yeah, I've been really into also. I've been so close to 300 a bunch of times but can't quite get there.

got an ipad and thought...i dont pirate iOS games or do any tweaking, so why jailbreak. then you guys said retinapad and suddenly jailbreaking is a must. anyone know where i can find a list of retina-enable non-universal games? or does anyone know if Dungeon Raid is retina? that game on my ipad(not looking like shit) would make my evening.

got an ipad and thought...i dont pirate iOS games or do any tweaking, so why jailbreak. then you guys said retinapad and suddenly jailbreaking is a must. anyone know where i can find a list of retina-enable non-universal games? or does anyone know if Dungeon Raid is retina? that game on my ipad(not looking like shit) would make my evening.

I believe it does. Mind you, RetinaPad isn't free. But it is money well spent.

Final Fantasy Tactics is another non-universal game with retina support.

re: Puzzlejuice

The game desperately needs a shortcut for dropping bricks. The slide method inevitably causes me to accidentally switch columns. Nearly unplayable in a car on iPad as well lol.

Please tell me I'm missing something. I replayed the tutorial to double check.

Yeah, I have the same problem. A little button on the side to accelerate the drop speed would be fantastic.

I believe it does. Mind you, RetinaPad isn't free. But it is money well spent.

Final Fantasy Tactics is another non-universal game with retina support.

thanks. i think its $2.99 gonna wait a few days and see if anyone encounters issues. hopefully its not buggy on 5.0.1

bubnbob

Banned
Just finished "Fara" - a cute little Zelda game that's extremely short. The controls could have really, really used some tightening.

I wouldnt pay the asking price, I got it when they gave it away for free.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fara/id453321385?mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fara-hd/id482701530?mt=8

The iPad version has some new stuff not in the iPhone version - and it's not Universal unfortunately. So I won't be able to see the iPad stuff.

They said they are working on some updates for the game so maybe they'll fix some issues or add some stuff.

thanks. i think its $2.99 gonna wait a few days and see if anyone encounters issues. hopefully its not buggy on 5.0.1

No issues so far. Just make sure to activate RetinaPad support on the app before running it first, this can be done in settings.

Angry Birds and Plants Vs. Zombies were crashing when I installed RetinaPad, so reinstalled them and made sure RetinaPad support was up before running the game. No problems whatsoever since.

No issues so far. Just make sure to activate RetinaPad support on the app before running it first, this can be done in settings.

Angry Birds and Plants Vs. Zombies were crashing when I installed RetinaPad, so reinstalled them and made sure RetinaPad support was up before running the game. No problems whatsoever since.

Thanks again. Gonna take the dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom