• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2016 Week 0: The Big Aloha from Down Under

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, suspended for a sexual harrassment thing, and Florida WR Antonio Callaway will not be suspended for "allegedly" doing whatever he might have done.

ryseing

Who else here has season tickets for their team? How often do y'all make it to a game?

Season student tickets. I'll probably end up missing one game this fall, which is fine since we have seven of them.

On Felix's note I can also buy guest tickets. FSU/ND fans shoot me a PM if you don't mind sitting in our section, which isn't normally that bad.

Lonestar

Well, Saban knows how to torpedo a season quick. QB race down to 2 players. Bateman and Barnett.

Though the released depth chart does use OR / and includes Hurts, so there's still a chance TouchdownAlabama.com might be right ;D
CrCxCtbXEAAjgd6.jpg

andycapps

Feel a Heart Attack coming reeeeal soon.

No doubt. Any more of his daughters around for the players to date?

Well, Saban knows how to torpedo a season quick. QB race down to 2 players. Bateman and Barnett.

Though the released depth chart does use OR / and includes Hurts, so there's still a chance TouchdownAlabama.com might be right ;D
CrCxCtbXEAAjgd6.jpg

Whole lot of OR's on the UGA depth chart as well.

wuu1D67h.jpg

Eason has been getting the majority of first team reps, with Lambert getting the other. QB decision in next two days. It's got to be Eason's job if he's getting the majority of reps in a game planning week.

Lists all 3 QBs as "OR" though Ramsey is 3rd string and Eason is 1 and Lambert 2 right now.

Kirby was asked if Chubb will be in on a "pitch count" this week and the answer was that he's a full go. No plans to restrict his carries. Michel is still day to day in 8 weeks since a compound fracture in his arm. Practicing but in non-contact. Holyfield is day to day.

CrCxCtbXEAAjgd6.jpg

Yeah the depth chart I just saw on Twitter had all three QBs listed with or separating them. I'm sure it's mostly just gamesmanship on Saban's part.

Lonestar

No doubt. Any more of his daughters around for the players to date?

Whole lot of OR's on the UGA depth chart as well.

wuu1D67h.jpg

Eason has been getting the majority of first team reps, with Lambert getting the other. QB decision in next two days. It's got to be Eason's job if he's getting the majority of reps in a game planning week.

Lists all 3 QBs as "OR" though Ramsey is 3rd string and Eason is 1 and Lambert 2 right now.

Kirby was asked if Chubb will be in on a "pitch count" this week and the answer was that he's a full go. No plans to restrict his carries. Michel is still day to day in 8 weeks since a compound fracture in his arm. Practicing but in non-contact. Holyfield is day to day.

Makes sense to continue Saban's history of the "OR"

While 3 of Bama's QB's are on there with the /, he's said that only Batemen and Barnett are getting the QB reps this week.

Your RB situation looking precarious, to say the least. A team you want to run on, and you have 2 day-to-day's and a guy finally given a go after knee surgery.

I giggled at the pronunciation list, mostly at the guy who had a pronunciation change from last year. Makes me think of Colbert.

andycapps

Makes sense to continue Saban's history of the "OR"

While 3 of Bama's QB's are on there with the /, he's said that only Batemen and Barnett are getting the QB reps this week.

Your RB situation looking precarious, to say the least. A team you want to run on, and you have 2 day-to-day's and a guy finally given a go after knee surgery.

I giggled at the pronunciation list, mostly at the guy who had a pronunciation change from last year. Makes me think of Colbert.

21 OR's.

Surprised that Hurts isn't on the two deep but I guess the insiders were wrong.

Chubb has been full contact for a couple weeks.

I think Holyfield will play. I take back what I said, I think
he was full go end of last week. Had a lower ankle sprain a couple weeks ago.

Douglas is there as the dependable but boring back. Probably best pass protector in the bunch. I think Michel plays but they've got to get a couple days of contact in him I would think.

Yeah Mauger has always had his name pronounced the Cajun way but I guess he didn't tell the team in time for media guide the previous two seasons and his mom told him he had to have that fixed.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Look maybe I'm a hater, but Douglas sucks. If he's your second option uh oh.*

*I say this as someone who sorta tangentially knows him

andycapps

Look maybe I'm a hater, but Douglas sucks. If he's your second option uh oh.*

*I say this as someone who sorta tangentially knows him
I don't think he's going to be the #2 as of Saturday but he probably is today. I think the #2 is Holyfield or Michel. Douglas seems like a good guy and he's a truck when he gets rolling but he's not going to make anyone miss and he is not a starting RB in the SEC. He's there for depth and maybe 1-2 carries to give a guy a breather.

BTW Holyfield is Elijah Holyfield, son of Evander. And he's very similar in build and style to Chubb. I think he's going to play a lot this year.

Looks like we're getting the band back together in OT. ^

andycapps

UCLA doesn't even have a big game this week. A&M could be good, but it doesn't even rate on this list of games. Just realized this list is only the ESPN/ABC games. Not sure what other stations are doing yet. Will have that for the podcast that'll be out Friday evening.

This weekend is going to be so good, y'all. Making BBQ and so many great games. Can't remember an opening weekend like this in years.

0jVsXhZh.jpg

cdyhybrid

UCLA doesn't even have a big game this week. A&M could be good, but it doesn't even rate on this list of games. Just realized this list is only the ESPN/ABC games. Not sure what other stations are doing yet. Will have that for the podcast that'll be out Friday evening.

This weekend is going to be so good, y'all. Making BBQ and so many great games. Can't remember an opening weekend like this in years.

0jVsXhZh.jpg
Great lineup, and that's before you account for the biggest game of the weekend - 11am Pacific at Husky Stadium!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
All 3 true freshman LBs we signed this season are in the just released 2-deep, including both the starter AND the backup at Mike. Also featured is an LB transfer from Houston, who was not on the 2-deep there and in fact spent time at fullback for them; he's not a starter anymore, as he was in the Spring and Summer, so I guess that's progress.

OL and DL don't look great as far as depth either but they can at least put together a 2-deep that doesn't include true freshmen, which is literally impossible with the numbers we have right now at LB. We've been doing a pretty good job of rebuilding the overall roster from the depth hell we've been in since Tuberville but we're still probably a year away from being comfortable.

Interesting. I don't know what else to say other than that. Cool that despite being very privileged he has done some things to help out the less fortunate around him. Cool that he speaks his mind and has big visions.

On the other hand, he sounds insufferable.

Most if not all college kids are insufferable.

Also I noticed Alabama has 12 positions listed on their defense. No wonder they're so good!

Top Bottom