• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Sandfox

Back from North Phoenix aka Flagstaff. Did read comics so here we go

Ms.Marvel
tumblr_inline_o1qmokl2D51r6hagw_500.gif

ANAD Avengers
tumblr_inline_o3bqe1RgX81s9lgwy_500.gif

Uncanny AVengers

tumblr_mszapczh3P1qz8x31o1_500.gif

ROM
giphy.gif
Uncanny Avengers was so satisfying...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My August buys in the right thread this time!

My buys for the month of August.

Autumnlands #13
Birthright #18
Black Monday Murders #1
Black Road # 5
Black Science #23
Chew #57
Drister #14
East of West #29
Horizon #2
Hunt #2
I Hate Fairyland #8
Lake of Fire #1
Lazarus #24
Manifest Destiny #22
Nailbiter #24
Paper Girls #8
Revival #42
Saga #37
Spread #15
Switch #7
Tokyo Ghost #10 (Better than Low)
The Walking Dead #157
The Wicked + The Divine #22

Hex 11 #8

Man messi had me posting in the wrong thread :/ what is life

After our shiny August thread gets rekt by a flock of rabid Harleys, we have to fly the July thread once more to save GAF itself.
We then get a new thread, the August 2016-A

ComicGAF Beyond

TheFlow

Banned
My August buys in the right thread this time!

My buys for the month of August.

Autumnlands #13
Birthright #18
Black Monday Murders #1
Black Road # 5
Black Science #23
Chew #57
Drister #14
East of West #29
Horizon #2
Hunt #2
I Hate Fairyland #8
Lake of Fire #1
Lazarus #24
Manifest Destiny #22
Nailbiter #24
Paper Girls #8
Revival #42
Saga #37
Spread #15
Switch #7
Tokyo Ghost #10 (Better than Low)
The Walking Dead #157
The Wicked + The Divine #22

Hex 11 #8
Listen everyone has their opinions and that is what makes this thread great but low worse than Tokyo ghost? Get out of here

Listen everyone has their opinions and that is what makes this thread great but low worse than Tokyo ghost? Get out of here

Honestly, if we're talking about the last 2-3 issues of each book, I would absolutely agree that Tokyo Ghost has been better lately.

TheFlow

Banned
Honestly, if we're talking about the last 2-3 issues of each book, I would absolutely agree that Tokyo Ghost has been better lately.
We are comparing second arc of Tokyo ghost to the third arc of low though.

First 10 issues of low were some of Remenders best

Sou Da

Yeah so I just read a comic where a girl married and then fucked a giant fly and then had giant maggots burst out of her back and consume her.

WHERE THE FUCK IS HARLEY #1. This is a FUCKING DISGRACE

I actually agree with this, and I can't stand Harley. We've somehow got a random ass issue of Transformers in the top six, as well as a book about an Ethiopian bird that nobody will ever purchase.

DC will comfort themselves in Harley selling gangbusters.

I will fight you.

The past couple issues of Low have been boring drivel. The art has taken a dive, too. I love the book, Messi. But it's not maintaining he quality that was there in the first two glorious arcs.

We are comparing second arc of Tokyo ghost to the third arc of low though.

First 10 issues of low were some of Remenders best

I don't think it matters how far along they are, unless you're implying that Tokyo Ghost is going to take a dip in quality too, which it may. But I'm si ply sying if you take the las5 2-3 issues of Low and compare them directly to the last 2-3 issues of TG in terms of entertainment value, then Tokyo Ghost comes out on top.

I never said the first two arcs of Low weren't spectacular.

TheFlow

Banned
The past couple issues of Low have been boring drivel. The art has taken a dive, too. I love the book, Messi. But it's not maintaining he quality that was there in the first two glorious arcs.

I don't think it matters how far along they are, unless you're implying that Tokyo Ghost is going to take a dip in quality too, which it may. But I'm si ply sying if you take the las5 2-3 issues of Low and compare them directly to the last 2-3 issues of TG in terms of entertainment value, then Tokyo Ghost comes out on top.

I gotta read the last two issues of toyko ghoul. But I doubt the quality could improve from that rough first arc versus low's amazing 11 issues(far as I got atm)

I gotta read the last two issues of toyko ghoul. But I doubt the quality could improve from that rough first arc versus low's amazing 11 issues(far as I got atm)

Tokyo Ghoul is legit. But we're talking about Tokyo Ghost here. :3

Also, you should read the relevant comics before discussing their quality. :3

Yeah okay I really wanted to follow the Rebirth/
Dr. Manhattan
reveals but not enough to keep up with Titans. I'll just read a summary when everything comes to a head.

At least this guy draws feet, I guess

I was just at a friend's and mentioned I was glad that the whole Ghostbusters 2016 thing had blown over so I didn't have to hear from people raging about it anymore, and that turned into an hour-long debate.

I fucked up.

I was just at a friend's and mentioned I was glad that the whole Ghostbusters 2016 thing had blown over so I didn't have to hear from people raging about it anymore, and that turned into an hour-long debate.

I fucked up.

It's better to keep your mouth shut instead of getting drawn into a discussion you really don't give a shit about.

TheFlow

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul is legit. But we're talking about Tokyo Ghost here. :3

Also, you should read the relevant comics before discussing their quality. :3
Oops.

Man I am behind 2 -3 issues so what. I am comparing comic versus comic not single issues here.

So yea low>ghost

Messi

Yeah so I just read a comic where a girl married and then fucked a giant fly and then had giant maggots burst out of her back and consume her.

I am so very outraged about this. It sounds terrible and exploitation at its finest. I should probably read it to make sure no one else has to. What book is this. Disgusting filth.

It's better to keep your mouth shut instead of getting drawn into a discussion you really don't give a shit about.

This is why I'm always silent at gatherings.

I really had to stay quiet when Ghostbusters was brought up. I hate how the first geeky thing I loved as a kid has become a football for both sides of this whole thing. I can't even say it as a joke, because when I say "My favourite was the Real Ghostbusters.", the younger ones go "WHATDYA MEAN THE NEW ONES AREN'T "REAL"?"

At least I have the comics.

Messi

I really couldn't disagree more. But I am not going to change your mind.

What the hell happened to summer movies this year?

Good question, there has been a lot of fucking trash this year

There's always interesting stuff at the margins but the tentpoles have been so safe and so mediocre. I saw Ghostbusters yesterday and it was...fine? Just barely entertaining enough but not an inch more? I feel like I could say that about almost everything I've seen this summer.

Fury Road is overrated. Not in the sense that there's anything wrong with it, but in the sense that a lot of people talk about it like they had never seen a good movie before Fury Road came along. That movie proved to me that no movie is too good to be overreacted to.

TheFlow

Banned
Fury Road is overrated. Not in the sense that there's anything wrong with it, but in the sense that a lot of people talk about it like they had never seen a good movie before Fury Road came along. That movie proved to me that no movie is too good to be overreacted to.
You gotta go.

mreddie

*camronbottlesmash.gif*

I'm not wrong.

You see people in every Fury Road thread acting like that movie invented minimalist exposition or feminist themes in traditionally macho genres.

Messi

Anyone got a books a million close to them and could do me a massive favor in like 2 weeks. I want someone to ship me Tocchinis Suicide Squad variant and it's a fried pie variant so it will be available in books a moll. Can even be preordered for store pick up on their site now. But I am gone back to Ireland about a week before it releases. For some reason they don't get the variants on release day of the book. :/ pls help. I am trustworthy.

Anyone got a books a million close to them and could do me a massive favor in like 2 weeks. I want someone to ship me Tocchinis Suicide Squad variant and it's a fried pie variant so it will be available in books a moll. Can even be preordered for store pick up on their site now. But I am gone back to Ireland about a week before it releases. For some reason they don't get the variants on release day of the book. :/ pls help. I am trustworthy.

If you come down to South Florida you can come to the mall

Top Bottom