• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2016 Week 0: The Big Aloha from Down Under

The crowd at todays Cal Vs Hawaii game will be lower then expected. i dont know anyone who paid for a ticket, but some who got free ones.

Also tickets on Ebay are going for like half face value, and still heaps of tickets from the on sale at the gate.

I dont know what they expected, most people in Sydney never go to live sport, and there is a 4PM AFL Game at the SCG which is a 30 min drive from ANZ, dont think many will do a daily double.

Melbourne would of been a better pick, i would of gone even with these 2 shit teams. People in Melbourne will see any sport live. The atmosphere will be dead in Sydney, nothing like a normal college game. and feel if Cal win in a blowout there will be less interest next time.

Time for the annual big write-up. For a slight change this year, I'll be cautiously pessimistic. This could easily be a 4-8 season for A&M. We're going to need continued improvement from the defense (though great job last year guys) and an offense that stops shooting itself in the foot constantly.

The Rundown:

Sep 3 UCLA 3:30-CBS Toss up, lean loss
Sep 10 PVAM 12:00-SECN Win
Sep 17 @AUB 7:00-ESPN / ESPN2 Toss up, lean loss
Sep 24 ARK TBD toss up, lean loss
Oct 1 @SC TBD win
Oct 8 TENN TBD loss
Oct 22 @ALA TBD loss
Oct 29 NMSU TBD win
Nov 5 @MSST TBD toss up, lean win
Nov 12 MISS TBD loss
Nov 19 UTSA TBD win
Nov 24 LSU 7:30-ESPN loss

That's four pretty much guaranteed losses, and of the four toss ups, I only lean win on one. I would love to be wrong. I would love to end up 8-4. I would love to beat Arkansas in regulation for once. I just don't see it.

Overall prediction: 5-7, Sumlin fired, Herman sought hard without success, bringing about the apocalypse - Lane Kiffin becomes the head coach of Texas A&M.

Kiffen has improved

2 Aussies now! Who said CFB isn't a growing sport???

Its been growing for a few years. ESPN Australia made a huge deal about the Alabama/LSU National Championship game a few years ago because both teams have Australians on them. Brad Wing on LSU and Jessie Williams on Bama.

I started following CBF back in 2009. watched a few Stanford games where Toby Gerhart played like a man on a different level. and stuck with them since.

Then Hayne set American football back about 10 years with all his fumbles and braindead media coverage he got for being in the NFL.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Its been growing for a few years. ESPN Australia made a huge deal about the Alabama/LSU National Championship game a few years ago because both teams have Australians on them. Brad Wing on LSU and Jessie Williams on Bama.

I started following CBF back in 2009. watched a few Stanford games where Toby Gerhart played like a man on a different level. and stuck with them since.

Then Hayne set American football back about 10 years with all his fumbles and braindead media coverage he got for being in the NFL.
Stanford Fan? Might want to edit that or Cyan will ban you.

mre

Has there ever been a doucheier profile picture in college football than Webb's?

pxleyes

Banned
The logos on the field are drawn with forced perspective. It's the oddest thing I've seen, and my brain is not happy about it.

mre

The rowdy home Cal crowd made it impossible for the center to hear the QB calling for the ball.

Edit: This stadium must have shit acoustics, because now I can faintly hear a band.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Trap game if you took Cal + the points. (Last I saw it was Cal favored by 20)

Hawaii good enough for some garbage time TD to spoil dat fun

Ah yes the Australian rules football ground tap... or whatever it's called.

Should be a rule for both teams this game. And the refs should be wearing the funny hats.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
hawaii.gif

mre

Who the hell is this guy with Bellotti? He sounds like a football video game announcer.

Top Bottom