• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Koozek

Thanks, yeah that's a good idea, but won't you need like a 1000 spells? :lol I feel like I'm dropping in health super rapidly regardless of who I fight, even though I'm at lvl 104. Almost every battle is a battle of attrition in regards to potions and elixirs, especially in those special caves (Costlemark is the only one left). AFAIK, the healing skills should work from what I've read before. I'll check it out tomorrow maybe. I assume that if you die completely, you get a free pass out of the dungeon even if you've saved at a camp? The other ones were too easy so I never found out :lol
I think I only used one heal spell in the dungeon without items, lol. Was at lvl 120. I killed everything super quickly with the Ragnarok sword (from the Booster Pack+ for Season Pass owners).

I think you should be able to leave it like any dungeon through the "Return to entrance" in the Map menu (R3).

Koozek

The AC festival shows up in the menus but it says to download it from the store, yet it isn't in the store. Anyone fix this?
Tonight at midnight I couldn't find it on the store on my PS4, but it was listed in the web version of the store when I searched on my PC. I've always manually looked for new DLC because it seems the store on the PS4 only updates at noon or something.

The new AC festival should be called the Bug Festival OMG it's incredibly annoying invisible walls EVERYWHERE, slipping while trying to climb pipes, enemies teleporting for whatever reason! And that

Loqi chase is frustrating as hell with the invisible walls D:

The chase scene at the end is definitely rough but i thought everything else was fine. Its a bit of a bummer that it locks you into the climbing animations, its not free running/jumping like AC but for a free dlc thats understandable.

It would be cool if the XV team and AC team swapped assets or something to help each other out in the future. Like trade tree's and little stuff like that to save a bit of time here and there.

Assassin's Festival spoilers, maybe?

The game is so inconsistent in when it decides you are allowed to assassinate a Magitek soldier and when you can't. There was even one instance where nothing I could do could make it possible to take out a Magitek guard blocking the hotel entrance only to find out that his AI was disabled and it was impossible to be caught by him.

About a puzzle in the festival:
I found out that I need to go to the Cafe for the treasure hunt, but now I'm stuck trying to figure out what counts as THE cafe. I want to think it's the one at the front main area of Lestalum but there are so many food places it's hard to be sure.

EDIT: Had to look it up, finally figured out what I was supposed to do
It referred to the Square Enix cafe that only exists at that event.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So is the PC version confirmed to be 60fps?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes, they showed lots of graphical options in the announcement thread, including 60 FPS. This is by far the most effort they've put into a PC port.

THANK GOD

If I see one Lightning mod taint the PC version of this game I swear to God...

Please just let Noctis enjoy the spotlight in his own game. Deserves at least that much. You didn't see people try to mod Lightning out of XIII.

cj_iwakura

If I see one Lightning mod taint the PC version of this game I swear to God...

Please just let Noctis enjoy the spotlight in his own game. Deserves at least that much. You didn't see people try to mod Lightning out of XIII.

I'll double dip if someone makes Iris into a playable character, she damn sure has the strength stat to roll with the big boys.

ultima786

Just finished the assassin's creed festival main story line. I came into it annoyed and frustrated that square made this. I admit I had fun. The dialog was freaking hilarious. Story lacked motivation but was sorta kinda believable? I dunno it wasn't great. The animations were sometimes janky and clearly lacked polish. A few glitches, like tons of stuff popping in at times, but had no major glitches on invisible walls like tons of people are saying. I played on PS4pro so maybe the extra power helped?

Also, unrelated though. Do you think updates are doubled in difficulty because they had to release these updates to both Xbox and PS4? I imagine this slows down development tremendously but I'm not sure.

cj_iwakura

It seems neat, I'm just sad resources are being wasted on this and not fleshing out the story more. World of Ruin and/or Episode Iris please.

Koozek

FFXV had the most media coverage during gamescom!

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIpjN0xW0AAkDDS.jpg[/IMG]
Source: http://icopartners.com/2017/08/gamescom-2017-media-coverage-analysis/

Koozek

It's a toxic habit, though. It's literally killed some of their best creative minds, like Satoshi Kon.
Yeah, it's fucked up. Definitely has to change, but unless a big company starts leading nothing will change, especially in the gaming industry. There are some really interesting studies showing that in some places where 30 hour weeks or only 4 days of work a week were tested it yielded better results overall. And then there's also crunch in the industry which is a huge problem. There was an article recently about how Bungie has been trying to kill crunch culture for the last decade:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-04-bungies-13-year-battle-to-kill-crunch-culture

Tabata organized a family day during FFXV's development because the team barely could spend time with their family:
One day during the development of Final Fantasy XV, as director Hajime Tabata was leaving for work, his six-year-old daughter came up to him and gave him a hug.

”Without letting go," Tabata said at a panel during the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco this morning, ”she asked me, ‘How much longer will you be busy?'"

Tabata didn't know how to respond, he said, so he told his daughter that it was going to be a while.

”On hearing that, she held her tears back," Tabata said, speaking through a translator. ”With a big smile, she said, chin up and keep up the good work, daddy. Then she went back to her room and brought me a picture drawing of me working. It wasn't a good drawing, actually. She obviously put her worry for me ahead of her own loneliness. Seeing her fight to hold back tears hit me very hard as a parent."

Shortly afterwards, Tabata met with his team at Square Enix and put together an event: Family Day, where they'd all bring their parents, spouses, and children to work. They set up special versions of the then-in-progress Final Fantasy XV, which they let their kids play on the office PCs. It was, Tabata said, an extraordinary boost to his team's morale, just as they were going through the horrible crunch of their first open-world game, one that sounds like it was hellish to make.

”The object was to achieve a better work-life balance, to show appreciation to our families, to give them peace of mind," Tabata said. ”The key to having a stronger team is to have your families behind you."

Of course, one could certainly argue that events like this wouldn't be necessary if the video game industry had more worker-friendly practices in the first place. But that's a complicated conversation. And this is still a cute story.

Toth

FFXV had the most media coverage during gamescom!

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIpjN0xW0AAkDDS.jpg[/IMG]
Source: http://icopartners.com/2017/08/gamescom-2017-media-coverage-analysis/

That's pretty amazing considering the game is 9 months old lol. SE's strategy to keep games relevant after launch has been a resounding success for FFXV.

Image for FFXV TGS ATR 2017.

ffxv-tgs.png

Why am I and my party getting rocked so fast? Getting tired of doing a few moves and using a potion just to get knocked out and use another potion. What am I doing wrong? Have only just recently started playing for the first time since the Choogle carnival FIRST went live.

Man, those long whiskered leopard things are no joke in a group of 5+...

Also, what dirty deed do I need to do to get past FF skins?

Why am I and my party getting rocked so fast? Getting tired of doing a few moves and using a potion just to get knocked out and use another potion. What am I doing wrong? Have only just recently started playing for the first time since the Choogle carnival FIRST went live.

Man, those long whiskered leopard things are no joke in a group of 5+...

Also, what dirty deed do I need to do to get past FF skins?

]Me and Koozek posted some quick tips on the previous page. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245983760&postcount=10629

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245984144&postcount=10630

Alright, these dual-weilding tek soldiers with their one shot blow are pissing me off. I warp strike in, they go uninterrupted and and take out 7/8s of my health which typically puts me into limping danger and it's this aspect of the game I hate. This type of enemy would never have put me into an unable to attack state in the older games. What kind of design is this?

Alright, these dual-weilding tek soldiers with their one shot blow are pissing me off. I warp strike in, they go uninterrupted and and take out 7/8s of my health which typically puts me into limping danger and it's this aspect of the game I hate. This type of enemy would never have put me into an unable to attack state in the older games. What kind of design is this?

This type of enemy isn't in older FF games.

Those types of Magitek soldiers are meant to be played more defensively against. Warp striking in and immediately attacking is generally not advised.

Some enemies you can immediately go in for the attack. Others you need to be a little more patient and attack when you have windows of opportunity. When I first played against those guys and they did the same thing the first three times, I realized my strategy wasn't as sound as I thought and immediately changed it up. I had much more success after that. Enemies in XV aren't a "one strategy fits all"-type deal.

Play more defensively in the game. You'll have more fun that way.

This type of enemy isn't in older FF games.

Those types of Magitek soldiers are meant to be played more defensively against. Warp striking in and immediately attacking is generally not advised.

Some enemies you can immediately go in for the attack. Others you need to be a little more patient and attack when you have windows of opportunity. When I first played against those guys and they did the same thing the first three times, I realized my strategy wasn't as sound as I thought and immediately changed it up. I had much more success after that. Enemies in XV aren't a "one strategy fits all"-type deal.

Play more defensively in the game. You'll have more fun that way.
I've tried the "hold L2 throughout the battle" and that wasn't effective. Warping out to regain my composure isn't helpful or fun if I can't warp back in and even as admitted in the advice comments, it's hard to telegraph moves and they come from unseen directions.

So what is the strategy? Just hang out at the outskirts of the battle and poke at the closest enemy? Hardly seems fun and ideal, especially with an iron giant and other monsters abound.

Edit: I seem whiney, but I'm genuinely curious if I'm missing something. I've only just seen tips on some kind of chain link attack or something and I'm not sure how to pull that off and I remember something about armiger attacks with L1 and R1 but I don't remember the logistics. Taking a break was a bad idea and I'm guessing using these would be more helpful to me than just standard attacks and phasing. Or some other form of defense?

Toth

I assume more details on Comrades showing Kingsglaive characters like Nyx and areas from the movie (like the area from the beginning of the movie where Nyx & Co. fight the monsters or Ghallad).

Here's hoping. That area has been a glaring plot hole since the movie. I do wonder if we are expecting a bit much though from a 10 dollar add-on.

Koozek

Here's hoping. That area has been a glaring plot hole since the movie. I do wonder if we are expecting a bit much though from a 10 dollar add-on.
Man, I always wanted to play as Nyx. They have his model in the game and could reuse the Comrades animations. Episode Nyx before or during Kingsglaive, lezzgo!

MilkBeard

Mmm, been a while. I'm feeling the urge to jump back in the game again. I hope hard mode is in the works. If not, the Nyxperience band will help. Even with the game's problems, I miss exploring the world.

I also visited Venice for the first time a week ago. The designers did a pretty good job imitating the city with Altissia.

Can't wait for more expansions, and I hope there will be some devoted to the Kingsglaive characters. Would be awesome.

Leading up to release, and especially with that Omen trailer and Kingsglaive, I was excited about learning of Noctis' family's dark secret ties to the astrals and maybe find out they were born of/part of Diabolos etc etc. But the game skimped on their dark motif for the most part and was more of a rich kids lost in the back country just as confused as everyone else.

It'd be nice if they added in more lore and history and it not being left to confusing pre-chapter cutscenes and small paragraphs from a book.

Edit: Granted I'm only at the beginning of ch. 9 but I've kept up with the leaks/spoilers pre-release as well so I know What the game is and isn't generally speaking.

I've tried the "hold L2 throughout the battle" and that wasn't effective. Warping out to regain my composure isn't helpful or fun if I can't warp back in and even as admitted in the advice comments, it's hard to telegraph moves and they come from unseen directions.

So what is the strategy? Just hang out at the outskirts of the battle and poke at the closest enemy? Hardly seems fun and ideal, especially with an iron giant and other monsters abound.

Edit: I seem whiney, but I'm genuinely curious if I'm missing something. I've only just seen tips on some kind of chain link attack or something and I'm not sure how to pull that off and I remember something about armiger attacks with L1 and R1 but I don't remember the logistics. Taking a break was a bad idea and I'm guessing using these would be more helpful to me than just standard attacks and phasing. Or some other form of defense?

Apologies. After my last post I went home and went to sleep. I'm back now.

The situation you described in your second paragraph with the Magitek soldiers, Iron Giants, and other monsters sounds like you were out at night and got overwhelmed. (which is kinda the point of monsters at night.)

In situations like that magic greatly helps clear some of the smaller monsters. As for the big ones you want to frequently use Techniques and Armiger. Techniques will give you a lot of invincibility-frames while the camera is on the other character and is generally helpful.

With the dual-bladed Magitek Soldiers you want to be on the defensive most of the time with them. After they attack they will have a second or two of being open for attack and that is when you go on the offensive and try to stun them with an end of a combo. (You can force the end of a combo by attacking twice pause for half a second and resume attack. This will cause a big final "end of combo" hit and usually stuns Magitek Soldiers and has them knocked to the ground.)

There is a variety of ways you can go about it really. But unless you want to same healing items, the best strategy to go with is stay on the defensive and make liberal use of windows, Techniques, and Armiger.

Leading up to release, and especially with that Omen trailer and Kingsglaive, I was excited about learning of Noctis' family's dark secret ties to the astrals and maybe find out they were born of/part of Diabolos etc etc. But the game skimped on their dark motif for the most part and was more of a rich kids lost in the back country just as confused as everyone else.

It'd be nice if they added in more lore and history and it not being left to confusing pre-chapter cutscenes and small paragraphs from a book.

Edit: Granted I'm only at the beginning of ch. 9 but I've kept up with the leaks/spoilers pre-release as well so I know What the game is and isn't generally speaking.

The Bestiary helps greatly with this now. :)

Gambit

Question for the pros in here:

When do you suggest I should play chapter 13 verse 2?

I am currently being stalked by a thing that first appeared while I was waiting for an elevator. There is a rest area at which I saved and apparently still have the option to play through verse 2.

If I play through Verse 2 now, is Noct's part over as well? Should I finish Noct first?

Thanks for the help.

Question for the pros in here:

When do you suggest I should play chapter 13 verse 2?

I am currently being stalked by a thing that first appeared while I was waiting for an elevator. There is a rest area at which I saved and apparently still have the option to play through verse 2.

If I play through Verse 2 now, is Noct's part over as well? Should I finish Noct first?

Thanks for the help.

I dunno for the second part regarding if it ends Noctis's part but I would play Verse 2 around the time you're describing.

Top Bottom