• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah, I definitely didn't mean that they don't have emotions. Something like that would be very hard to miss, lol. More like they're trying to conform to the rules and beliefs of Yorha, hindering their personalities somewhat, which wasn't an issue with Nier/Kaine/Weiss/Emil.

Yea but only 2B really made any attempt to conform. Maybe Operator 21O as well. Other than that, I never got the impression that the rest of the cast were "hindering their personalities".

As for them saying that kind of stuff towards the machines, well that's kind of the story starts, especially in 9S' case, with them believing themselves to be superior to the machines. Also I'm pretty sure the machines were not always capable of such complex thought, so stuff like Pascal and such was fairly new to them and took them awhile to adjust.

Then later on with 9S in Route C after 2B dies, you'd think he'd finally get it, but he's so consumed in rage that he's back to being discriminatory against machines again, only being non-murderous towards Pascal I think. It's only with Ending D where he finally chills the fuck out again lmao

Ventara

OH MY GOD UNMARKED SPOILERS! MY EYES! SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB. REBOOT REBOOT. DELETE MEMORY DELETE MEMORY.

I hope it wasn't me. Read over what I posted and I don't see anything spoilery.

Yea but only 2B really made any attempt to conform. Maybe Operator 21O as well. Other than that, I never got the impression that the rest of the cast were "hindering their personalities".

As for them saying that kind of stuff towards the machines, well that's kind of the story starts, especially in 9S' case, with them believing themselves to be superior to the machines. Also I'm pretty sure the machines were not always capable of such complex thought, so stuff like Pascal and such was fairly new to them and took them awhile to adjust.

Then later on with 9S in Route C after 2B dies, you'd think he'd finally get it, but he's so consumed in rage that he's back to being discriminatory against machines again, only being non-murderous towards Pascal I think. It's only with Ending D where he finally chills the fuck out again lmao

Well, 2B is a main character that you play half the game as, and 9S was pretty deep into the whole "machines can't have emotions/families" that he kept bringing up every time he encountered it, and then he goes crazy in Route C. So, yeah, for like 75% of the game he's either drinking Yorha koolaid or crazy with anger, which do hinder his personality. Tbh, I'm not sure where we're going here. I do understand the androids here have emotions. Are we talking about how they're better characters than those from Nier Gestalt?

LotusHD

Banned

Well, 2B is a main character that you play half the game as, and 9S was pretty deep into the whole "machines can't have emotions/families" that he kept bringing up every time he encountered it, and then he goes crazy in Route C. So, yeah, for like 75% of the game he's either drinking Yorha koolaid or crazy with anger, which do hinder his personality. Tbh, I'm not sure where we're going here. I do understand the androids here have emotions. Are we talking about how they're better characters than those from Nier Gestalt?

Got a little confused myself, which is why I addressed why only 2B really does the whole "No emotions" thing. But after reading over your post again, it seemed like your issue was actually them saying that the machines, not androids, have
no emotions, so I then adjusted my response accordingly to say why I felt like kept acting like that. I don't care either way as to which characters are better from the two games lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Nah, i think we're just talking reasons at this point, but you pretty much got it.

Ventara

Got a little confused myself, which is why I addressed why only 2B really does the whole "No emotions" thing. But after reading over your post again, it seemed like your issue was actually them saying that the machines, not androids, have
no emotions, so I then adjusted my response accordingly to say why I felt like kept acting like that. I don't care either way as to which characters are better from the two games lol

Oh, I see. Yeah, I suppose if they were used to seeing machines without emotions, they might find it hard to accept. but there were so many examples in front of them, and they themselves are examples of AI having emotions, so I would have thought they'd catch on quicker. But for a large portion of the game, they kept refusing it and in the end they just sort of went with it instead of accepting it. With Ending D, 9S seemed to have finally accepted it though.

LotusHD

Banned
eJYC2DW.png

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this picture transparent for my avatar, always shows up in a white box :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah i think i'm done with this fucking game if they don't fix the PC version.

I enjoyed the game but crashing all the fucking time is not fun, especially after a boss fight or huge battle WITHOUT ANY FUCKING AUTO SAVE WTF why does this game not auto save??

Fix your shit ffs, i'm sick of wasting my money on half-assed ports.

Hektor

After i die, how can i quick load the game?

im really tired of going through the whole booting process and menu everytime i die.

The reason you have to go through that everytime is because there is no savefile to load to begin with. The game doesn't autosave.

Once you unlocked the ability of saving, you get automatically respawned at a savepoint everytime you die.

If you strugglle, lower the difficulty for the time being. You won't lose out on anything.

Ostinatto

The reason you have to go through that everytime is because there is no savefile to load to begin with. The game doesn't autosave.

Once you unlocked the ability of saving, you get automatically respawned at a savepoint everytime you die.

If you strugglle, lower the difficulty for the time being. You won't lose out on anything.

im 4 hours in, i have 2 save files, but i cant quick load them.

I have to stay, the super difficult challenges in the DLC are super satisfying. Getting the Destroyer Outfit greatly underleveled was a super satisfying challenge. And while I haven't beaten the super difficult challenge yet or bosses, my few attempts have gotten me really excited. NieR's balance and difficulty are the game's biggest weakness in my opinion and it's nice great to have some content that's really built for a real challenge.

duckroll

Errrrrr. I'm trying to complete the Wandering Couple and it seems the quest is at a dead end? The map says they're in the Flooded City, but once I try to go towards the marker, I get the area introduction flyby scene, and the quest is deactivated after that?

????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????

Am I getting trolled?

?_?

Errrrrr. I'm trying to complete the Wandering Couple and it seems the quest is at a dead end? The map says they're in the Flooded City, but once I try to go towards the marker, I get the area introduction flyby scene, and the quest is deactivated after that?

????????????????????

Am I getting trolled?

?_?

Kinda, but not anymore, really.

The cutoff point for most quests is only after the Flooded City events, but they since patched it so that this particular quest becomes inactive as soon as you even get the mission to head to the Flooded City.

The reason is that the wandering couple would've asked you to donate a large amount of money, and the quest still wouldn't be over at that point. Now here's what happened to most people before the patch:

- Get the Flooded City mission

- Meet the wandering couple there and give them money

- Do the Flooded City mission

- Congratulation, the Wandering Couples quest failed, you spend 50,000G for nothing.

Basically, just do it before you're told to visit the place during the main story. You can still do it during Route B, but you'll have to start the quest from the beginning.

????????????????????

Am I getting trolled?

?_?

The quest should be there as long as you haven't advanced the story. This is how it goes:

-
Arrive at the Flooded City for the first time
-
Talk to them, give them money
-
Leave the Flooded City (do not advance the story), quest marker appears in Flooded City again
-
Go back to the Flooded City and talk to the guy again
-
Quest marker moves somewhere else

BY2K

Membero Americo
Anybody can tell me why there's missing NPCs at them Bunker right now?

I'm right after the fight against the Goliath enemies in the City Ruins and the android looking for 11B is gone and the NPC shop at the Terminal is gone.

Wesker28

I have to stay, the super difficult challenges in the DLC are super satisfying. Getting the Destroyer Outfit greatly underleveled was a super satisfying challenge. And while I haven't beaten the super difficult challenge yet or bosses, my few attempts have gotten me really excited. NieR's balance and difficulty are the game's biggest weakness in my opinion and it's nice great to have some content that's really built for a real challenge.
Yep, agreed. This DLC also made me realize the amount of depth that this game has.
In 9S Special Trial, you will get to control a machine of your choice. Each one of them feels like a new character with its own movesets! They even have some advanced gameplay techniques that will help you to last longer. For example, evading an upcoming attack just before it hits will reduce the damage by 90%! Or you can connect multiple attacks by Evade Cancelling at the right time! Things like this made me really appreciate playing as 9S even more! And seeing the results in a very challenging mode is pretty nice!
Same thing with the Flooded City Special Trial, all enemies are at LV130 at least! At first glance, this seems like an impossible challenge. But after equipping the right chips + POD programs, the challenge becomes more manageable. Timing attacking/dodging becomes very important to win here. Try mashing the attack button, and you will be toasted. Winning this challenge alone is so satisfying -- even though the reward is pretty underwhelming

Rainy

Banned
Route C

Ugh the second resource tower where you have to hack everything is aggravating me. I've been stuck on this one chest for quite a while...

duckroll

I notice there are still some quests available, I think mostly in the Forest Zone right now. If proceed with the Flooded City story stuff, is there anything I can miss for good that isn't in Route B or whatever?

I notice there are still some quests available, I think mostly in the Forest Zone right now. If proceed with the Flooded City story stuff, is there anything I can miss for good that isn't in Route B or whatever?

Only one thing in the whole game is permanently missable, and it's like 40 hours away from you.

Any quest doable in route A is doable in route B. It's just that any quest you're partway through will reset (except the investment one).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It can be if you ignore the sidequests and mainline.

I ended doing 33 hours doing a decent bit of sidequests but definitely not all.

duckroll

Well as long as it's not a 90-150 hour game, I think I'm good. Having just finished Zelda and Persona 5 back to back, I don't think I need another one like that right now.

1upsuper

Got another question for you guys. Hope it's not a bother! I'm currently working through the route for Ending C and (NieR1 spoilers):
I want to know, in as vague of terms as possible, if I need to do all my sidequests, arenas, farming, index completion,
etc. before any sort of massive undoing like Ending D of NieR. I just wanna know if I'll ever reach a point where I can't collect more stuff.

Thanks!

Golnei

Got another question for you guys. Hope it's not a bother! I'm currently working through the route for Ending C and (NieR1 spoilers):
I want to know, in as vague of terms as possible, if I need to do all my sidequests, arenas, farming, index completion,
etc. before any sort of massive undoing like Ending D of NieR. I just wanna know if I'll ever reach a point where I can't collect more stuff.

Thanks!

Weapon collection / upgrade percentages has no effect on the main story, just the availability of the superboss sidequest.

There is an option to
delete your save
in the course of one ending, but it's not mandatory to see all the game's content. You're warned well in advance.

Oh shit. Well, I'll do it. Anything else like that I should know about? Rewards for filling out all the intel?

The thing is, don't even try maxing out all the weapons until you finish route C. Only then will you be able to get meteorites freely, and all weapon upgrade materials will become buyable.

Top Bottom