• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first Power Rangers (2017) review is here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Just got back from seeing it, really enjoyed it, the wife liked it too and we both grew up on MMPW. It was no where near as campy as a typical Power Rangers series, there was a bit in there though, and I was surprised at how many laughs there were, but it was also never going to be as campy as the show was.

I'll post the rest in the spoiler thread.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Saw it last night. I think the negative reviews are kinda bullshit. It's not like a super flashy sentai movie, and I can see why those people would be disappointed, but just as a movie focused on its genuinely likable cast etc., it's actually pretty fucking good.

Like not perfect. I think the actual Power Rangers part of it at the end is kinda dull, and the product placement is more awkward as it goes along. But I came away genuinely giving a shit about the main cast, and that's frankly leagues more impressive to me than "they did the cg action good."

This was a surprisingly really good movie that had some good adult jokes in it. I would definitely recommend it and would even watch a sequel.

Saw it for free, as I had a giftcard. It was okay. It certainly takes its time to build to something. Have to admit, I smiled when you
see the Zords running together with 'Go Go Power Rangers' playing.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Question: Is this movie as good as Transformers 1? I loved that movie when it came out and just want to know if it's at least as good as that.

Question: Is this movie as good as Transformers 1? I loved that movie when it came out and just want to know if it's at least as good as that.

I will say Transformers 1 felt a tad more special just for how "unique" and such it felt at that specific time.

But Power Rangers is much better, legitimately good and more nostalgic.
Also contrary to Transformers you don't see people coming out saying it raped their childhood like some others of this nature.

I'd say its more like Pacific Rim in feeling but with less fighting and really good character work and acting.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I enjoyed it. It could have been better though. The suite scenes were bad and looked super cheap, I hope a sequel will do better with them.

The megazord looked better than any of the press/promo shots showed of it, which surprised me.

Though I wish we would have got a better cords assembling scene. The whole thing was masked in fire and thus lost all the cool appeal the show one had.

Prologue

Still thinking about the role Billy played in the movie. Really fantastic and made the movie for me. Especially the song choice in regards to him. And when Zordon actually became Zordon through his action.

Everything else could have been better, but i'll sit down for another movie just because they were able to get me feeling for those two and Zac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom