• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

mclem

Hmm, the grey batch seems way bigger. Tan is probably the extra amount, like Koren said.
The other teases have all been of the format of "Here's an old set. Here's how this MYSTERY SET is larger than it" - so the TM is represented in the image, and the tan bricks are the logical way it would be.

Ryuuroden

It's Force Friday and they are having a bunch of Star Wars specials starting that day for the weekend only. They want you in the store to buy stuff so its not weird in that context. Also its going to be all over, its the worst kept Lego secret in years. They've just done a bang up job of keeping the actual box and pics secret.

Its pretty obvious they have embraced the non secret aspect. Which makes it all the more amazing it hasn't leaked compared to it's other sets. They must have armed guards patrolling the hallways and multi-tiered system of Pat Downs and full body scan machines

Ponn

Banned
They weren't exactly attempting to keep it secret to be fair. :p

Its pretty obvious they have embraced the non secret aspect. Which makes it all the more amazing it hasn't leaked compared to it's other sets. They must have armed guards patrolling the hallways and multi-tiered system of Pat Downs and full body scan machines

Yea it was like they were trying like normal at first but especially in the last month with these teasers they just decided to ride it out. And its really amazing they have kept the set under wraps. At this point alot of people at different points of manufacturing, production and distribution have had to have seen it or been able to get pictures.

Yea it was like they were trying like normal at first but especially in the last month with these teasers they just decided to ride it out. And its really amazing they have kept the set under wraps. At this point alot of people at different points of manufacturing, production and distribution have had to have seen it or been able to get pictures.

What if they made everyone print the separate colored bricks at different locations?!?

Ponn

Banned
What if they made everyone print the separate colored bricks at different locations?!?

But it releases the 14th of Sept in the US and most everywhere else right? And the manufacturing plants are overseas so these would have to be at the factory stage at this point to make it to store shelves across the world by the 14th right? It's just really amazing to me to have made it this far and be within weeks of release and still no leaks on such a huge (in multiple aspects) set.

DonShula

But it releases the 14th of Sept in the US and most everywhere else right? And the manufacturing plants are overseas so these would have to be at the factory stage at this point to make it to store shelves across the world by the 14th right? It's just really amazing to me to have made it this far and be within weeks of release and still no leaks on such a huge (in multiple aspects) set.

No leaks so far is truly amazing. Maybe they're doing the packaging at a separate facility? Otherwise I don't see how a box or manual hasn't been photographed yet.

ghostmind

LEGO has to be doing something different for the security of the UCS Falcon.

And as strange as it may sound, coming from me, I appreciate the chance for a surprise.

Yeah...it's quite amazing that there has been no leaks so far. I was expecting a leak somewhere for something this big.

Can't wait for the reveal!

Ponn

Banned
LEGO has to be doing something different for the security of the UCS Falcon.

And as strange as it may sound, coming from me, I appreciate the chance for a surprise.

Be careful with surprises, you never know what you are going to get
Eb2nCdT.png

Probably spiral bound, premium paper, we already know its huge. Given the price on Amazon Fire's I wouldn't be surprised if they crunched the numbers and it was close.

Didn't they already show that it is a huge spiral bound book anyways? But yeah, you need a lot of real estate per step for these huge sets.

Ponn

Banned
Didn't they already show that it is a huge spiral bound book anyways? But yeah, you need a lot of real estate per step for these huge sets.

I hesitate to make jokes about it because i'm just waiting for them and everyone to stop including instructions in boxes and send you to get digital booklets on your tablets.

I hesitate to make jokes about it because i'm just waiting for them and everyone to stop including instructions in boxes and send you to get digital booklets on your tablets.

If they would load them up when they release for VIP, it would be fine. But nearly a week after release, and Ninjago City still doesn't have digital instructions online.
Ever since getting an iPad Pro, I have looked up directions online and it is so nice.

Still the ideal for me is them making something like the Technic app for everything. Digital instructions (optional of course), but the ability to rotate the model in 3D on each step and zoom in, etc.

Haines

Banned
I want the reveal to happen so the discussion can move on.

Its fun and all but only so much to talk about.

I will probably buy one for collectors at the very least,

Randam

Since I don't have and never will be able to afford the original UCS one, I can't fathom why it would be difficult to understand myself and many others wanting one.
I kinda can.

But like I said, we had so many Falcons already. And especially an UCS set shouldn't be down again.
And then there is so much other stuff they could do.
But that's just me.

Ponn

Banned
If they would load them up when they release for VIP, it would be fine. But nearly a week after release, and Ninjago City still doesn't have digital instructions online.
Ever since getting an iPad Pro, I have looked up directions online and it is so nice.

Still the ideal for me is them making something like the Technic app for everything. Digital instructions (optional of course), but the ability to rotate the model in 3D on each step and zoom in, etc.

Absolutely agree. I stumbled upon digital Lego instructions through needing some for Dimensions sets and with my bad eyesight they have been mostly a god send. Being able to zoom in and get clearer views on certain connections has helped save me some backtracking. The physical collector in me though still want the books, especially the premium ones like for UCS sets and the beautiful Idea set ones. That Saturn V book, mmmmm mmmm.

Koren

Digital manuals are great... except for colors which are even more unreliable than on paper. I still use digital instead of paper just to avoid damaging the manuals.

I kinda hope they do a hardcover book as manual (artbook-like). At this price, it's definitively doable.

Ninjago City arrived! I'm out of town the next two days, but I'll get started. I probably won't be able to finish this in one sitting anyway.

Rootbeer

Banned
There are now lots of Force Friday LEGO set reviews appearing on youtube after TRU listed the sets briefly on their official ebay page and already shipped them out to a few people.

I don't think I have to tell most of you who one of those people is.

I really wish we had a Wario64 clone that was dedicated to LEGO sales, deals and early access tweets :)

Koren

The other teases have all been of the format of "Here's an old set. Here's how this MYSTERY SET is larger than it" - so the TM is represented in the image, and the tan bricks are the logical way it would be.
Well, my take is "gray bricks = number of bricks in Taj Mahal, gray+tan is the number of bricks in the new set", so the amount of additional bricks is obvious.

Though it may be "tan = TM, gray = new set". I just find hard to believe there's only 20% less tan bricks than gray ones, even if the wide angle camera definitively distorts the image (also, we would need to know which color was placed over the other.

The color could have given a hint that it's the latter, but TM is mostly white (and I wouldn't expect the Falcon to be dark bluish gray either).

I want the new Falcon Designer video to channel Kaz

"At LEGO we're not about cutting corners"

"It requires a huge financial investment"

"Seven hundred and ninety-nine US dollars."

I'd need it to have an interior (and a great one) to have any interest in a $700-800 set.
Smuggling hatches and removable floorboards or bust.

So I leave this weekend for the eclipse and the day after the Wal-Mart near me drops stuff stupid low. I hopscotched to a few Wal-marts on the way and found some decent stuff but nothing like $25 X-Wings/U-wings had I not gone. I keep telling myself I probably wouldn't have gotten anything had I even been there, employees probably snatched up stock that cheap.

I still can't believe I missed out.

Unit 33

Suppose it's the Falcon, I'm guessing partially detailed interior and a greater amount of detail on the underside.

Maybe a posable stand if they're really ambitious.

Osahi

Can't really remember from the TFA Force Friday, but will Lego reveal the TLJ sets prior september 1st? Or will they just go live on the day itself?

Would like to know the BB-8 price beforehand, just so I know if I need to plan a visit to Leicester Square or not, as I'll probably have a busy schedule on my two days in London for work. (I'll pop in to get some sets if they are cheaper compared to Belgian prices, if I get the chance)

Ryuuroden

Can't really remember from the TFA Force Friday, but will Lego reveal the TLJ sets prior september 1st? Or will they just go live on the day itself?

Would like to know the BB-8 price beforehand, just so I know if I need to plan a visit to Leicester Square or not, as I'll probably have a busy schedule on my two days in London for work. (I'll pop in to get some sets if they are cheaper compared to Belgian prices, if I get the chance)

They already have revealed them or at least photos have shown up and bb8 is $99

ghostmind

€99.99, £84.99, $99.99

Here's the pricing for the whole wave:

75176 Resistance Transport Pod €39.99, £29.99, $29.99
75177 First Order Heavy Scout Walker €59.99, £54.99, $49.99
75179 Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter €79.99, £74.99, $79.99
75187 BB-8 €99.99, £84.99, $99.99
75188 Resistance Bomber €109.99, £99.99, $109.99
75189 First Order Heavy Assault Walker €139.99, £129.99, $149.99
75190 First Order Star Destroyer €149.99, £139.99, $159.99
75526 Elite TIE Fighter Pilot €19.99, £14.99, $19.99
75528 Rey €24.99, £19.99, $24.99
75529 Elite Praetorian Guard €24.99, £19.99, $24.99
75530 Chewbacca €34.99, £29.99, $34.99

ghostmind

Some MF pic from Chinese (?) flyer popping up on Reddit.
Not sure if it is the real deal, can't match any existing MOC.
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/6vijup/the_big_thing/

Piece count is off by a bit, but I haven't seen this MOC before. Also the new cockpit checks out from what I had heard, and it looks like the radar dish is interchangeable.

Dimensions are the same as 10179, I believe.

So... maybe?

Does that ever look nice though - definite improvement over 10179.

Not as exciting as Falcon, but the same Instagran user posted more pictures from the catalog, including Technic ( a really nice rally car, a sailboat and two others), small Friends and DC Super Heroes Girls sets, and the rest of Creator line (5 sets, including a daredevil plane).

Edited: Creator names and numbers: 31071 Drone Explorer, 31072 Extreme Engines, 31074 Rocket Rally Car, 31075 Outback Adventures, and 31076 Daredevil Stunt Plane.

Tom_Cody

€99.99, £84.99, $99.99

None of these are grabbing me TBH.

At least the leaked 2018 SW sets look pretty nice.

papluh

Running the text through Google Translate Android app, it looks quite legit.
Usual marketing boasting :D
Release on 1st October.
Bottom part is about shipping, extra packaging and some figure as gift .

Osahi

They already have revealed them or at least photos have shown up and bb8 is $99

€99.99, £84.99, $99.99

Thanks. I knew these prices allready and I've seen the pics offcourse (except the £ ones, which I couldn't immediatly find, so thanks!). Problem is, Belgian prices always differ from the german ones they have in these overviews. We have to wait until they are up on s@H to know for sure (for instance, Winter Village Station is 75 euro's here, not 70)

But, if BB-8 is indeed £85, then with current exchange rates it is even cheaper then €99 (and I am pretty sure in Belgium it will be over a 100), so I'll try to hop into Leicester Square if I get the chance. If not, I'll Amazon it.

And that Falcon looks sexy, but impossible to pose around my place. 84 cm long? That's longer than Disney Castle is high!

Top Bottom